Power 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Righteousness/Properness 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
Love 0.16216216216216 16.2% [ 6 ]
Happyness 0.081081081081081 8.1% [ 3 ]
Freedom 0.21621621621622 21.6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Greedy Consumer

There needs to be an agnostic religion that is created for moral values and accepts that God may or may not exist but still be used as a moral system perhaps. But that is assuming people can't handle morals without it I suppose. Its better than scientology, better than rastafarianism, hell even better than every religion out there if its approached correctly.

What would this religion need?
What sort of symbology should be used for mythologies or stories of the religion if there are any? Should we take true examples from the past or make up ideal examples? Will we wait for stories to unfold after the religion is open rather?
What do all religions have in common? Don't say God(s) because buddhism doesnt have one. They are all belief systems for one.
What should their book be called?

Any other questions I should be asking?

Overall if I think about it this would promote solidarity between people who want to be moral but aren't sure on which religion or something.

So what would people enter this religion for? Why do people enter religions or turn to religions?

What uses do religions have besides moral values and answers? Why do people need answers?

I am basically wondering what is the ideal most accurate and acceptable least restrictive religion possible? What would it be like? Don't say your religion, thats not the purpose of this discussion, or if you do at least provide reasons why they are ideal in certain circumstances.

Do you think this is a waste of time?

And finally What religion are you or are you not religious?

Adored Admirer

"One true faith" sounds oxymoronic. It implies that faith is true on the basis of, well, nothing. It would be just another religion claiming to be true.

I do think this would be a waste of time. As for me, I'm non-religious.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
There are as many belief systems as there are people. Whether they care to admit that or not.

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
We Are Organisms

What would this religion need?
Something that unifies members

Quote:
What sort of symbology should be used for mythologies or stories of the religion if there are any? Should we take true examples from the past or make up ideal examples?
What every symbolism is used should be something that the group can identify with and can be passed on to future generations. Why not both. The purpose of mythologies and confessional histories is to explain purpose and identity of members of the group. It's done in secular settings so it's not anything foreign

Quote:
Will we wait for stories to unfold after the religion is open rather?
Open canons are not uncommon for new religions. They remain open until the purpose or ideals of the group start to get lost. They become closed usually when a set of literature that defines the standard of the group is defined.
Quote:
What do all religions have in common? Don't say God(s) because buddhism doesnt have one. They are all belief systems for one.
Culture, in the anthropological sense of the word.
Quote:
What should their book be called?
Whatever the group or founder decides to call it.

Quote:
Any other questions I should be asking?
Questions come with time, experience, and reflection. No rush. How are morals defined in your system is one question I could think of. Is it based on a principle or set of principles? Are morals relative, universal, or absolute in your religion? How does the rituals and stories involved in your religion convey these moral teachings? Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Quote:
So what would people enter this religion for? Why do people enter religions or turn to religions?
Can't speak for everyone but for me it was a matter of finding myself.

Quote:
What uses do religions have besides moral values and answers? Why do people need answers?
Community is one, people are social animals. Providing inspiration for questions to ask about what is the best strategy for living a fulfilling life. Again, just a few off the top of my head from my experience so far.

Quote:
I am basically wondering what is the ideal most accurate and acceptable least restrictive religion possible? What would it be like? Don't say your religion, thats not the purpose of this discussion, or if you do at least provide reasons why they are ideal in certain circumstances.
What one considers one's family (I'm not talking about blood relations).

Quote:
Do you think this is a waste of time?
Is it meaningful to you? Does it help those you consider family? If no, then no it's not a waste of time.

Edit:
Quote:
And finally What religion are you or are you not religious?
Religious. The story of why is long, but the short of it, it's where I see that I need to be at the current time.

Devout Fairy

We Are Organisms
There needs to be an agnostic religion that is created for moral values and accepts that God may or may not exist but still be used as a moral system perhaps.

A.) Why does such a religion need to be made

B.) There have been several attempts at such a thing, one of which has hundreds of thousands of followers
We Are Organisms
There needs to be an agnostic religion that is created for moral values and accepts that God may or may not exist but still be used as a moral system perhaps.

Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)

Greedy Consumer

Lucky~9~Lives
We Are Organisms

No. Not talking just abrahamic.

Greedy Consumer

Nityananda-rama dasa
We Are Organisms

A.) Why does such a religion need to be made

B.) There have been several attempts at such a thing, one of which has hundreds of thousands of followers

A. It doesnt need to be made, if I want it to be made its to knock some sense into people I suppose. But thatd be sort of off topic.
B. Such as? Prolly buddhism I suppose. But naw, that actually involves beliefs outside of morals if Im not mistaken.

Devout Fairy

Not all friends are Abrahamic or even theistic....

Greedy Consumer

Pseudo-Onkelos
"One true faith" sounds oxymoronic. It implies that faith is true on the basis of, well, nothing. It would be just another religion claiming to be true.

no, one true faith means theres only one set of faith that ends up being true. So to discern the true faith this religion would be made.

Devout Fairy

We Are Organisms

A. It doesnt need to be made, if I want it to be made its to knock some sense into people I suppose. But thatd be sort of off topic.

I am not sure I follow
We Are Organisms

B. Such as? Prolly buddhism I suppose. But naw, that actually involves beliefs outside of morals if Im not mistaken.

UU

Greedy Consumer

Nityananda-rama dasa
We Are Organisms

I am not sure I follow
We Are Organisms

UU
Well I dont follow 'UU'

This religion idea doesnt need to be made. Do you know what a need is? It therefore wants to be made, why I want it to be made is to knock sense into people, well one reason anyways.

Greedy Consumer

Nityananda-rama dasa

Not all friends are Abrahamic or even theistic....
'a doctrine which is derived from the Biblical passage 1 Peter 2:9.' Sorry too bias for me. Its not exactly a religion more like an organization of people who dont wanna kill each other over religions based on how you make it seem kinda. This is about constructing a religion from scratch that cannot be wrong, compared to other rleigions which tend to claim truth. Do you know of religions that don't claim truth?
We Are Organisms
Lucky~9~Lives
We Are Organisms

Like Nityananda-rama dasa said.

Adored Admirer

We Are Organisms
Pseudo-Onkelos

no, one true faith means theres only one set of faith that ends up being true. So to discern the true faith this religion would be made.

How does one set of faith end up being true? Faith relies on trusting something or someone, not reason or empirical evidence.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff