12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Agnostic religion

Good luck with that s**t.

Devout Fairy

We Are Organisms
Do you know of religions that don't claim truth?

UU.

They claim there is a truth, they just don't claim to know what it is.

Then you have several that don't claim to have the only/all of the truth or a fully accurate picture of the truth.

Greedy Consumer

Nityananda-rama dasa
We Are Organisms

UU.

Then you have several that don't claim to have the only/all of the truth or a fully accurate picture of the truth.
WHat is UU
We Are Organisms
Nityananda-rama dasa
We Are Organisms

UU.

WHat is UU

Unitarian Universalism
We Are Organisms
There needs to be an agnostic religion that is created for moral values and accepts that God may or may not exist but still be used as a moral system perhaps. But that is assuming people can't handle morals without it I suppose. Its better than scientology, better than rastafarianism, hell even better than every religion out there if its approached correctly.
It exists already. It's Conficianism. Moral values goes before gods.

We Are Organisms
And finally What religion are you or are you not religious?
Eastern Orthodox Christian.

Greedy Consumer

I notice for the poll nobody is saying friends or family. Does this mean people want but dont want to put an effort into gaining but would rather just receive and be given things?

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Can't we just be atheists and humanists? Add a dash of existentialism , take a peak at Matt Dillahunty's concept of a secular morality, and forget the desire to try and add a new religion to the world.
I think we need one more religion in the world like we need one more incurable venereal disease in it.
The closest you can get to is the New Age faith, note that every single God that was believed to exist may actually in fact exist or may not exist along with everyother mythological figure.

The truest faith is to be open to new ideas and concepts in the idea that they could be the truth with so many evidence with many supporters/believers in them.

One religion will never happen until the real proof is finally confirmed worldwide instead of personal revelations from pyschic mediums, ghostly encounters, past life rememberers, modern day "prophets" (or at least kinda close to), Marian apparitions, and other Sainty or Godly appearances/miracles that have their own believers and backlashers.

The world is awaiting this confirmation by the obvious idea of a Jesus/Messiah person clearly gaining people's attention by flying in the air with hoards of angelic or godly forces behind him as every person can now bow down to him even if they never walked.

The world must be warned of the prophecy of evil that could be an Anti-Christ claiming to be Jesus or better than Jesus who will try to create his "One World Religion" however he cannot summon angelic forces as I would think Jesus would be able to do as with my denial to all Jesus Claimants, who in prophecy were told to "decieve many".

It is the idea of being decieved that people might not want to latch on to a faith in the idea of fear that it will prove to be false.

Now let me actualy answer your questions directly:
What would this religion need?
*This religion would need mass miracles to make it hard not to accept as fact.

What sort of symbology should be used for mythologies or stories of the religion if there are any?
*Many symbols would have to used like any statue or painting to symbolize the religious figure or event.

Should we take true examples from the past or make up ideal examples?
*That matters on the doctrine of faith, sometimes old stuff mostly connects with modern day but things get changed like we don't stone people for adultry.

Will we wait for stories to unfold after the religion is open rather?
*Oh yes we should wait for the stories to unfold with some angelic or Messiah figure clearly stating what is true, what isn't, and what can be added or subtracted from doctrine.

What do all religions have in common?
*The idea of faith and hope for their ideals to overcome everything that goes against them.

What should their book be called?
*Matters how long their books are, suppose Jesus or an Angelic figure writes a new Gospel, and then more Holy figures are up to it and perhaps 20 new books for an official 3rd Testament are written. A "3rd Testament" is ideal for major works of Holy people near our time after the 2nd "New Testament", but they could call these New Gospels anything, perhaps even "The Bible 2" if new material is long enough.

So what would people enter this religion for? Why do people enter religions or turn to religions?
*Well if it is the exact truth, they all wouldn't want to deny what is strictly obvious as seeing all these Holy people in the public eye. In today's mortal senses, people enter or turn to religion in seeking hope or feel a pressure to enter. Atheists must note an idea of "What if there is a Hell, and I need to be saved?". There is hope in Heaven, a victory over all evil, and pure universal love.

What uses do religions have besides moral values and answers? Why do people need answers?
*People need answers because they question everything that can't understand, like most Holy stuff isn't exactly a day-to-day basis to where it is universally accepted that faith is real. People do not understand unless something happens to them that makes them believe (like the once Atheist doctor who claims he died and went to Heaven only to be brought back).

I am basically wondering what is the ideal most accurate and acceptable least restrictive religion possible? What would it be like? Don't say your religion, thats not the purpose of this discussion, or if you do at least provide reasons why they are ideal in certain circumstances.
*Well I am sorry to say it, but it is my New Age faith that is the least restrictive religion in the world. You don't have to believe in a "female goddess", you don't have to believe in the Theosophical "ascended masters", and you don't have to believe all the other different aspects that the New Age faiths hold as doctrine. It is the most accurate with having the most topics of discussion spanning multiple faiths interwoven into one with most aspects being accepted.

Do you think this is a waste of time?
*No I think you raise a interesting question of what if a "One-World religion" were to actually arise, either my idea that Super-Supernatural events must occur or someone else may say much different than I would and claim all it would take is someone like a new Mother Teresa or a possible Buddha or a new "world teacher" which can prove something divine enough to get all of mankind's attention. I would think more topics like this being discussed would be interesting.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I thought what if the higher being made all different religions in different cultures for them to understand.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm a mix of athiest and satanism, somewhat of an anti-christ =P

"Freedom" is the 'correct' answer to the values question, because without it, you wouldn't have any of the others on that list xP
People take it for granted sooo often, frankly the way this country is heading i'm not sure how long we'll be "the country of the free" stare
silverbird6
"Freedom" is the 'correct' answer to the values question, because without it, you wouldn't have any of the others on that list xP

Family and slavery are mutually exclusive? Nice try; go clean your room.
- razz
We Are Organisms
Nityananda-rama dasa
We Are Organisms

UU.

WHat is UU

Pink Goo.

Romantic Guardian

23,700 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
We Are Organisms
;
1.What would this religion need?
2.What sort of symbology should be used for mythologies or stories of the religion if there are any?
3.Should we take true examples from the past or make up ideal examples?
4.Will we wait for stories to unfold after the religion is open rather?
5.What do all religions have in common?
6.What should their book be called?
7.So what would people enter this religion for?
8. Why do people enter religions or turn to religions?
9.What uses do religions have besides moral values and answers?
10.Why do people need answers?
11.what is the ideal most accurate and acceptable least restrictive religion possible?
12. What would it be like?
13. Do you think this is a waste of time?
14.And finally What religion are you or are you not religious?

1. what any religion needs is a not a simple answer its more like what it does not need?
2. symbols have power, it depends on what the story is about or something else again, it depends on what you want to teach and what you want it to mean.
3. the truth is best, we cant teach peace without teaching war, if we do that all we would be doing is causing strifes later on in the future, it could cause crusades and wars again.
4. that depends on how you want the religion to be run and what you want to have things be understood
5. what they preach about. they all claim that there is one god, and each of the current religions are based around the same or similar stories and parts of the bible.
6.why does it need a book? scroll? or some other form of scripture? if it has to have a name, it would be the book of morals and values, with stories to depict them.
7. to spread peace, love and tolerance.
8. they enter it out of fear of the unknown and many other reasons. if someone turns to it, it usually means something super disturbing happened in his or her life.
9. none, they are just guides on how to live a persons life
10. because they fear the unknown and want someway to describe what is going on
11. wicca or buddhism, they are both very open and accepting religions
12. very open relaxing and give answers that make sense and not explain through a singular being
13. in all honesty religions are a waste of time, but people dont like listening to the fact. most people are sheep
14. i am non-religious and believe that there may or may not be something out there, all i believe in is the truth, and what the truth means

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lucky~9~Lives
silverbird6

Family and slavery are mutually exclusive? Nice try; go clean your room.
- razz

well considering both my parents are dickwads and i hate them, and that im nearly 19 and my room is still completely filthy, any response i make would be rather biased now =P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff