gay/lesbian- "bad" 0.0 0.051948051948052 5.2% [ 4 ]
straight- "good" 0.11688311688312 11.7% [ 9 ]
straight- "bad" 0.038961038961039 3.9% [ 3 ]
bi-"good" 0.064935064935065 6.5% [ 5 ]
bi- "bad"???? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
none of the above 0.31168831168831 31.2% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

One thing that I've noticed in religion is that a lot of the rules are to protect us.

Pork? Bad for us.

A lot of things are there to improve the health.
Do I consider eating pork a sin? No.

I think that it is more of the same with homosexuality.
It does spread more STDs that way.

Religious books have guidelines there to protect the followers.

I have no idea whether or not it's a sin.
Lucky~9~Lives
Dr Napoleon
Without religion there would be no morals.

Morals can be based on things other than religions - philosophical systems, for example.

But the root of those systems come from the laws of religion.
as far as morality and religion, i like this vid. It is a good rant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rb-vsdrfUQ

it also applies to homosexuality in asking the question, is there anything your child would do that would make you stop loving them? Anything that would cause you to lock them in the basement and torture them?
Dr Napoleon
Lucky~9~Lives
Dr Napoleon

Morals can be based on things other than religions - philosophical systems, for example.

not true. Atheist have philosophical systems without religion. A philosophical notion can based on basic rules of societal survival (no killing, don't steal, etc.)
Dr Napoleon
Lucky~9~Lives
Dr Napoleon

I don't think they necessarily do, given that philosophy is merely critical inquiry into the nature of reality - if anything, it's the other way around, and religions are centered around a philosophical core. In any case, philosophical systems is just one possibility - morals based around self-preservation, as Tori-Wells hinted at ('pork is bad for health'), is another.
It's not wrong. Religion is irrelevant.
dragonmatt5

it also applies to homosexuality in asking the question, is there anything your child would do that would make you stop loving them? Anything that would cause you to lock them in the basement and torture them?

Well you're assuming dispensing justice means you don't love them if justice is they lose badly. Also it's assuming that you should trust your instincts first as to what to do. And of course you'd need to determine exactly what Hell is supposed to be, not just what most people believe it to be.
Acoustics

Religion is irrelevant, agreed. I am not seeing your proof it is not wrong.
Dr Napoleon
Lucky~9~Lives
Dr Napoleon

not true at all. Many moral standards have nothing to do with religions.

Rape is wrong. Why is it wrong? Because it hurts the woman (or man) and forces them to do something against their will. Its not wrong because it offends god. Its wrong because people who have endured it feel wronged.
First of all, I think it's impossible for religion to completely not exist because it's just something humans do. Every base religion was independently created from any other, and I think it would take a differently constructed human psyche for religion to not exist.
Secondly, because sex is another thing that will always exist, there will always be opinions on sex, and some people even without religion would think that homosexuality is wrong.

There are people here and now who are not religious but still think that homosexuality is wrong, or people in religions that don't necessarily dictate that point of view.
Lysine
First of all, I think it's impossible for religion to completely not exist because it's just something humans do. Every base religion was independently created from any other, and I think it would take a differently constructed human psyche for religion to not exist.
Secondly, because sex is another thing that will always exist, there will always be opinions on sex, and some people even without religion would think that homosexuality is wrong.

There are people here and now who are not religious but still think that homosexuality is wrong, or people in religions that don't necessarily dictate that point of view.

but if there was no religious argument against it there would be no moral objection to it.
Being homosexual is not wrong. The brains are just wet-wired differently. Gay men respond just like straight women sexually, and visa-versa. go to this site to read the findings. http://www.aegis.com/news/wb/2005/WB050512.html
silkentracker
Being homosexual is not wrong. The brains are just wet-wired differently. Gay men respond just like straight women sexually, and visa-versa. go to this site to read the findings. http://www.aegis.com/news/wb/2005/WB050512.html

who said it had anything to do with brain wiring. I think its something soul deep based on where the persons one true one is.
Eria_Tarento
silkentracker

who said it had anything to do with brain wiring. I think its something soul deep based on where the persons one true one is.

the point that I was making was that it is natural. hence, not wrong. The wet-wiring of your brain has to do with who you are as well. NOt just your soul. Besides, souls have to do with religion. my answer does not.
Herald of Lies
Acoustics

Religion is irrelevant, agreed. I am not seeing your proof it is not wrong.

I'm not seeing your proof it is wrong. If two people want to do something that they enjoy and that doesn't hurt or even effect at all anyone else negatively then who cares?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff