gay/lesbian- "bad" 0.0 0.051948051948052 5.2% [ 4 ]
straight- "good" 0.11688311688312 11.7% [ 9 ]
straight- "bad" 0.038961038961039 3.9% [ 3 ]
bi-"good" 0.064935064935065 6.5% [ 5 ]
bi- "bad"???? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
none of the above 0.31168831168831 31.2% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

I think that since religion does exist, homosexuality is wrong. For one, i am a Christian and i read the Bilble, and it says nothing about homosexuality being good. It said that homosexuality displeases God, and for that, IT'S COMPLETELY WRONG.
Pretty Candybaby
I think that since religion does exist, homosexuality is wrong. For one, i am a Christian and i read the Bilble, and it says nothing about homosexuality being good. It said that homosexuality displeases God, and for that, IT'S COMPLETELY WRONG.

Even if it were not for mistranslations, that would still be only one religion. Just a note, there are more religions than just Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. So, want to go further with that thought?
Pretty Candybaby

His opinion is better.

Furthermore, how are you dumb enough to not realize that religion isn't a good reason to hate on people? Really, I could write my own damn Bible and consider it a religion.

Quotable Conversationalist

Eria_Tarento
DarkKing123
This question is incredibly vague. That aside, yes, it could and would be perceived as "wrong" even in the absence of religious dogma. East Asian cultures for example view homosexuality as wrong (although maybe not as strident as the West) yet there isn't any religious entity specifically saying homosexuality is wrong. Chinese culture for example does view homosexuality as a deviance yet you could not argue that any religious idea guides that opinion.

and yet that fails to answer ethics of it...gross=/=unethical so a society thinking it gross has nothing to do with right or wrong

Exactly. I think my parents having sex is gross, but that does not by any means make it wrong.
This is a weird question because religion exists and homosexuality isn't wrong. Why would homosexuality be wrong if religion didn't exist?

niquesamere
This is a weird question because religion exists and homosexuality isn't wrong. Why would homosexuality be wrong if religion didn't exist?

That's essentially what I said on the first page of the thread, and yet we're still debating it. stressed
Jewpanesey
I think my parents having sex is gross

o_O Why? Married couples typically do have sex.

Shaviv
Jewpanesey
I think my parents having sex is gross

o_O Why? Married couples typically do have sex.

I really don't find it gross, but I did when I was in middle and high school, so I figured it would be a good example. My point was to support the gross=/=wrong assertion.
Jewpanesey
niquesamere

That's essentially what I said on the first page of the thread, and yet we're still debating it. stressed

considering the majority of at least three states in the United states believe it to be wrong and the majority of them claim it to be because of their religion there is a point to look at.
GuardianSoulX
It's about time someone asked a question like this. Kudos to you, author of the thread. I will announce first and foremost that I am a Christian.

How can homosexuality be wrong outside of religious standards?

Well, I'm feeling kinda lazy so I'll say it in a few simple statements and allow you to discuss the rest.

Doesn't everyone believe in science and nature? Well, I'm well convinced that everyone does; otherwise, you wouldn't need medical insurance. wink Homosexuality defies nature in the sense that nature confirms the purpose of sexual organs. I will continue to refer to nature, but of course you already know that I hold one being above nature, God. We can still agree upon the nature of things though. I just belief that God created nature and deemed it thus. So not meaning to sound redudant but the answer lies within the common ground of nature.

We study scientifically the purpose of sex, to create more life but also sex produces pleasure. Sex is used as an expression of love in the human life. Unlike most species, humans have a certain "inner obligation" or shall i say desire to raise children. Some people do not wish to have children, and that's just fine. Humans typically find a mate and get married either to oth bcreate children with that individual and spend the rest of the life with or just simply live the rest of life with.

I have stated that just as a friendly and blatant reminder of the ways of humanity concerning love. This process has been done for thousands of years (if not more). n a way, it has become a law in a sense: to find a mate to love and raise children so that more may live.

Now, I know......I know. I've just been stating the obvious. I have a question: why would diseases be given to homosexual men that frequently have "intercourse" with one another? If one is arguing that homosexuality is their nature, how do you explain this phenomenon? Things are difficult to explain at that rate. So basically nature would be commanded to cause death to the natural? Why haven't the homosexuals developed an immunity to further establish their claim to their acts being natural?

Homosexuality has become more so an issue of health. Statistics show a larger amount of diseases in the homosexual male when compared to the heterosexual male. Nature embraces the inhabitants of the earth that are alligned with what it was commanded to do. You may be thinking something like : "But other people get diseases as well." True, sometimes disease spread and innocent people contract diseases. That's just the way things work, but the diseases of homosexuality have been proven by science to be a direct cause of their activity. They have defied nature and science by using their sexual organs improperly.

Concerning my religion, God is not pleased to see this. Surely, God would say that we should love one another. Richard Rodriguez, a homosexual writer, wrote an essay titled "Thou Shalt Not Love" in which he states that God could not make this commandment. My only problem with this statement is that he refused to complete it. If I was a good enough writer to write a rebuttal it would be entitled "Thou Shalt Not Love In This Manner."

There is order in the universe, and order is understood in terms of nature. I'm sorry to say but both nature and science disagree with homosexual love. I would say that homosexuality is a psychological disorder at best.

and this is why religion should not be running our country... there is nothing wrong with gay ppl... what if one of your closest friends came out to you? would you shun them? if you said yes, you are so centered on your homophobia , its disgusting. i cant believe that a book could create such a discouragement of love outside of heterosexuality. so by the bible of Mormonism, Mormons believe in dancing plates and talking salamanders too i would assume? organized religion is bogus and shouldn't be such jerk offs when it comes to things it has no idea what it is talking about. yes i believe in a god but if god believes homosexuals are to wronged of fundamental rights then i should shun him from my life. the point is ORGANIZED RELIGION sucks. GuardianSoulX... as for you i am sorry your parents and your precious bible brainwashed you into a god fearing child. i doubt you have to even have to attend church... let alone read the bible to get a spot in heaven. even so, homosexuals most likely wont go to hell, just for being who they are either, because they are ppl just like us who have different preferences.
Super 80s
Pretty Candybaby

His opinion is better.

Furthermore, how are you dumb enough to not realize that religion isn't a good reason to hate on people? Really, I could write my own damn Bible and consider it a religion.

an amazing point from Super 80s!!! i agree w/ you to the fullest
I believe that without religion then the stigma of homosexuality would not be as bad, but people will always strike out against differences.
finnvox
I believe that without religion then the stigma of homosexuality would not be as bad, but people will always strike out against differences.

Who knows but there would definately be no moral backing to the stigma with out it
The whole concept of whats "good" and "bad' is based on what humans perceive them to be. Otherwise known as morals. Without religion there would be no morals. When you take morals out of the equation and you're left with homosexuality, then sure, why would it be "bad" if there are no standards to what is good?
Dr Napoleon
Without religion there would be no morals.

Morals can be based on things other than religions - philosophical systems, for example.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff