Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
The New Wineskin
I'll be expecting a message from Pseudo soon, I'm sure.

Hi. I've nothing to add.

Phew.

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Murkier
Our creator makes us
thanks for the bad back, flat feet and bad eyes. i know it must of been hard for you to resist fixing them

Quote:
gives us everything we will ever have
he gives me the food i work for, the house i work for, the water i work for, wait... what has he GIVEN me? life? my parents did that and they don't ask me to praise them. they don't have kids that's only reason for existing is to praise them (see revelations).

Quote:
and everything we love.
blah, blah, blah.

Quote:
How do the people of the bible (and the people living today) repay him? They hurt and rape his daughters and sons
which, if i remember correctly, are both done in the name of god by the man he chose to lead the chosen people, moses.

Quote:
they spit at his name, they deny him,
both are justified.

Quote:
they create all evil that's in this world.
oh, i see, you only give credit to your "creator" for creating things you likes. fyi, he says, in the bible, that he created everything, good and evil.

Quote:
As a parent
a god with a parent complex. seems backwards.

Quote:
he tries to guide us away from evil
well, he obviously isn't trying hard enough.

Quote:
but we deny his laws because they are too "strict".
it's not that they are too strict, it's that they are unnecessary AND strict, like the rules of a cult. oh...

Quote:
We look at his justice as though it is barbaric and disgusting
because it is. you worked on the wrong day? stoned to death. bad child? stoned to death. gay? stoned to death. don't believe? stoned to death. looked at him the wrong way? stoned to death. >.>

Quote:
but fail to look in the mirror as a human race.
i don't know anyone they thinks humans AREN'T barbaric and disgusting. but at least we care enough to try, instead of sitting around judging people.

Autobiographer

The bible is based on stories that have been passed down, and passed down, AND PASSED DOWN. For thousands of years. Consistently changing whenever someone reads them and re writes them. If you take the bible literally, you're a moron.

Autobiographer

AtheisticHeathen
Murkier
Our creator makes us
Quote:
thanks for the bad back, flat feet and bad eyes. i know it must of been hard for you to resist fixing them

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA ^ The best!

Hallowed Hunter

dweo
The bible is based on stories that have been passed down, and passed down, AND PASSED DOWN. For thousands of years. Consistently changing whenever someone reads them and re writes them. If you take the bible literally, you're a moron.

If you take the bible seriously, you're a moron.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Murkier
IronySandwich
Murkier
Miss Marinara Sauce
Murkier
From reading the bible, all I see is evidence that WE are the pricks.

How so?

Our creator makes us, gives us everything we will ever have, and everything we love. How do the people of the bible (and the people living today) repay him? They hurt and rape his daughters and sons, they spit at his name, they deny him, they create all evil that's in this world.

As a parent, he tries to guide us away from evil, but we deny his laws because they are too "strict". We look at his justice as though it is barbaric and disgusting, but fail to look in the mirror as a human race.

His justice is barbaric and disgusting. Executing someone for working on Saturday is barbaric, executing a rape victim because she didn't scream loud enough is beyond barbaric.

This is an extremely good thing to bring up when looking at the Old Testament. Why would God have such a harsh punishment for certain things? And, if someone were to believe in both the Old Testament and the New, why aren't punishments not being upheld today? I'll take this from a purely Christian standpoint, rather than a Jewish or Islamic standpoint.

The key here is to understand the culture at the time the Old Testament was written in, what the Laws were supposed to accomplish and what types of Laws God gave his people. God is eternal, and his standards hold true for eternity, but you must understand that he also takes into thought what his children need (rather than what they want) in a certain time and culture. Just like a father might tailor rules for each of his children in his own house, because he knows them and loves them. The Old Testament tells of God's covenant with the nation of Israel, and her acceptance and rejection of said covenant.

One first must understand that there are 3 different types of laws. These different laws show us the will of God and how we might live, and also shows us how sinful we are and how impossible it is to live fully by God's standards.

The 3 types of laws are:

Moral- The Ten Commandments are the best example we have of moral laws. These morals still apply today, as a way to please our Father, NOT as a way to attain salvation.

Judicial/Civil Law: THese were laws of God's people(the theocratic nation of Israel), because he ruled as King rather than a man. These laws were based upon the culture and people of that time. Today, we have rulers and Laws of our countries based on our culture. We are told to follow our current leaders and the laws of our land.

Sacrificial/Ceremonial Law- These laws were worship laws, which were done for the love of God in order to cleanse their sins against God.

You might see the laws something like this:

Someone breaks a Moral Law (adultery, theft, murder) and thus sins against another person. When someone sins against another they are brought to justice by the Civil Law, in order for the sin to be made right with the person sinned against and their peers.
The sin is also a sin against God himself, so the ceremonial Laws bring justice to the sinner's actions against God.

If you are a Christian, you are made clean through Jesus. This means that your sin is wiped clean, so you do not have to follow the ceremonial laws in order to find favor in God's eyes. Jesus is God, come down into human history and DYING for our sins against him. We need this because we constantly sin against our Father and creator God. You only have to look around to see how evil people are, no matter what culture they come from or what religion they espouse. God's gift to his perverse, evil, disgusting children is his own life. Would you give up your life for the life of your enemy who wars against you and will forever war against you? That puts things into perspective for me.

The sabbath, though part of the 10 commandments, is not automatically a moral Law, but might be a ceremonial law, and was treated so by Jesus Christ (who would heal and work on the Sabbath day). Understand that the Sabbath was one of the things that made Israel stand out as a nation, and the strict judgement of the Sabbath meant that God stressed that it was important for his people. THis importance should be considered today, even when Jesus has died for our sins.

In the case of deuteronomy 22:23-24 the young woman is NOT stoned for fornication, she is stoned because she is deceptive about the rape, and her virginity. We see that this law is mostly in place to make sure that the rapist will be caught and punished accordingly, and punish a woman who is breaking a moral law.

Finally, I would say that an omniscient, omnipotent , and omnipresent God would have a reason for any harsh Law he set down in the Old Testament. I find today that we tend to look at the Law and then judge God, rather than realize that this God's moral compass is PERFECT and his judgment is PERFECTLY GOOD AND JUST. Every single person who lives and dies, lives and dies because God chose them to do so. While he does not wish for us to die or sin, accepting an all knowing and all powerful God forces you to accept his plan for his peoples, and his knowledge of what is best for human history. I don't think we could ever understand that, but the bible gives us a small look at how God works with our lives. The Law is an important part of that, and shouldn't be thrown away because you think your perverse human morals are more just than a perfect God's.
the best moral laws are probably buddhist or Jain.

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
dweo
not a moron, just uninformed and likely unwilling to be informed (based on personal experience)

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

Pseudo-Onkelos
The New Wineskin

Hi. I've nothing to add.

*is disappoint*

Adored Admirer

GreenInkling
Pseudo-Onkelos
The New Wineskin

Hi. I've nothing to add.

*is disappoint*

I really serve no purpose on M&R anymore.
The Credits
than why is anyone on that p***k's side?
Please, explain to me your reasoning.

For some reason you believe God is bad. Hence referring to God as a pk. This would suggest he has done some harm or injustice to you. Or even further to personify God. Furthermore, everyone is with this pk, so you believe everyone is against you? Both of these statements are incorrect. Work backwards for awhile and undue some of the conditioning. There must be something you love, and you might further examine your opinion.
Oliverius2
The Credits

Infinite Love

9/9/09 From YahuShua HaMashiach, Jesus The Christ, Our Lord and Savior - A Letter Given to Bethany, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear

Why do you continually doubt My existence?... I must do all things in an orderly fashion. Oh My flower, be not afraid or scared! You are but a lamb terrified of the storms. You bundle up and cling to anything you can find... Do you not realize, I am by your side? Oh My flower, stop giving in to these thoughts of sin. The evil one wishes to devour you, for you hold Me deep within. Be strong, and know this world is masked... Lies upon lies, deceits covering deceits. Believe what you already know to be true in your heart... You are the only one blocking Me from filling you... Let Me in! Let Me fill your heart with joy and peace! Do you not understand?... This suffering shall only be for a little while longer; I come very soon to protect you... Flower, do you not know I am already here?...

I hold infinite love...

My love never abandons... It will never leave you...

My love is accepting... I accept your bruises and all that you are...

I am the Healer... I am also the Maker of Life.

Rest in Me, and all these bruises will vanish from sight...

Do you not know I have conquered death?!... Yea, death lies down and serves Me as King.

I AM CREATION!...

I AM the Giver of life...

I hold the whole universe in the palm of My hand!

Yea, great things await you, My flower!... There is no more time to tarry.

Grab hold of My hand and RUN with Me!

Do not let go or look behind you, for this will only lead to death.

FOR I AM GOD!...

THE ONLY KING OF KINGS!

I crafted your beautiful blue eyes and your bouncing curls, to My delight. I have watched you grow from afar, yet always being near. Seek not to understand, for I have not given you these abilities... You must trust in the knowing I AM WHO I AM. Believe, Flower... Even now I count the days until we are together again. I have chosen you, and the Father will not allow any of those given Me to be lost... Though they be led astray in the world, I shall not lose one.

You are My beautiful and fragile flower...

If planted rightly and watered daily,
You shall blossom into a new and shining creation...

Even a joy to look upon...

Beauty in the eyes of My Father...

Believe what I, YahuShua HaMashiach, have told you...

Keep these things close to your heart,
And do not let anyone interfere with your purpose, your destiny...

The very reason I crafted you, Flower…

You were meant to shine!

More and free:
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com
I am deeply sorry that you have been brainwashed, sir. But that doesn't mean you must try to pass it on to me. This thread is for debating and discussing religion, not converting. Please gtfo.
ataraxia_atomos
The Credits

For some reason you believe God is bad. Hence referring to God as a pk. This would suggest he has done some harm or injustice to you. Or even further to personify God. Furthermore, everyone is with this pk, so you believe everyone is against you? Both of these statements are incorrect. Work backwards for awhile and undue some of the conditioning. There must be something you love, and you might further examine your opinion.
I refer to God as a p***k because he was written as one. He has done nothing but turn people against one another and make it so that anyone who does not beleive in him or follow his rules is banished to Hell after death. I believe that he was written as an arrogant-a*****e-ignorant-homophobic-douche whom did not think his plans through thorougly and then blames the human race because he didn't know what the ******** he was doing.
The forbidden fruit is as stupid as Plankton from Spongebob constantly putting a self destruct button on everything that he makes. There was no reasoning for it, he just felt like ******** with us.
He was very clearly the villain in the fairytale called the "Bible" and yet for some reason most people blindly follow him as though he did something right.
Sure, he created everything. This also means that somehow every horrible thing that has ever happened can be traced back to him--making him the ultimate bad guy. Him creating everything is irrelivant. It's like a crappy parent. If someone beats their kid do you expect the kid to still love them sense their parents, after all, did create them? No? Beating your children is wrong? Well think about that for a moment. Your precious God has done a lot of unforgivable crap.
And yet 75% of America blindly follows him.
He has done no injustice to me seeing as though I don't even believe he exists. It wasn't him that did anything wrong, it is people like you that have pissed me off to the point where I kind of wish the idea of Christianity was never taken seriously.
And not everyone is with God, you ignorant douche.
GreenInkling
Pseudo-Onkelos
The New Wineskin

Hi. I've nothing to add.

*is disappoint*
I love your avi. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out