Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Prophet

4,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yet I dont think there is a college in my city that would let me
can I use other methods? Im not too totally sure about using the internet since some people lie and what not...
I don't think you can get a college degree in magical beliefs.

Ghost Trader

Ahhh, I envy your enthusiasm towards such a study!

As I'm sure you've checked already, there is always Wikipedia article on it.

I seriously doubt that much is out there for such abstruse study (such as a course in college as your were seeking) however; there are alternatives!

I recommend taking a read of a book, such as;

- The Encyclopedia of Demons and Demonology (by Rosemary Ellen Guiley)
- Demonology (by King James) (I highly recommend this if anything, as you're getting a historical POV on this, which I'm sure would tie a lot in with Demonology - King James is famous for his paranoia of the supernatural.)

They are two books which I feel would 'start you off' but honestly, demonology is not widely studied, and I can imagine not under the eye of the church would you find anything of use (unless they aren't all too skeptical of your sudden desire to study the subject) - but really, using the internet to find good books, and historical texts on demons would be the best way about it.

Wealthy Prophet

4,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sir Benedict Swansworth
Ahhh, I envy your enthusiasm towards such a study!

As I'm sure you've checked already, there is always Wikipedia article on it.

I seriously doubt that much is out there for such abstruse study (such as a course in college as your were seeking) however; there are alternatives!

I recommend taking a read of a book, such as;

- The Encyclopedia of Demons and Demonology (by Rosemary Ellen Guiley)
- Demonology (by King James) (I highly recommend this if anything, as you're getting a historical POV on this, which I'm sure would tie a lot in with Demonology - King James is famous for his paranoia of the supernatural.)

They are two books which I feel would 'start you off' but honestly, demonology is not widely studied, and I can imagine not under the eye of the church would you find anything of use (unless they aren't all too skeptical of your sudden desire to study the subject) - but really, using the internet to find good books, and historical texts on demons would be the best way about it.

Oh I thought wikis werent so good...at least thats what I heard

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
The the tv series Supernatural, that outta help.

Wealthy Prophet

4,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Faustine Liem

mmm...not really not all what they say is true and its just a tv show...
Luther de Valiquette

Oh I thought wikis werent so good...at least thats what I heard

That would be an unwise direction to go in.

It's not the worst thing, if you are just starting with this stuff, but it probably won't do much for you.

If one treats all of this as real, that is.

Ehrm, if you are interested in practical stuff, and not just theoretical studies, that is.

Shameless Mystic

Unless you're doing it for anything more than pure entertainment value, you're going to come up short in all regards. I would vouch there's a truth among all that nonsense, but it's something that can't be described to someone who's never experienced such things firsthand, and even less so to those without a manufactured sensitivity to it.
Well what are we talking here? Like Goetia or...?

Faustine Liem

No...

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
DracoJesi

Faustine Liem

No...

Are you sure? Because last I checked they actually did research for their various things. Kinda like that one episode of billy and mandy with YOG SAGOTH. An actual Cthulhu mythos character.
You learn lots of things from Supernatural, like watching as all your favorite characters die horrible lingering deaths. emotion_donotwant
Or imagining... couplings. emotion_yatta
Faustine Liem
DracoJesi

Faustine Liem

No...

Are you sure? Because last I checked they actually did research for their various things. Kinda like that one episode of billy and mandy with YOG SAGOTH. An actual Cthulhu mythos character.
You learn lots of things from Supernatural, like watching as all your favorite characters die horrible lingering deaths. emotion_donotwant
Or imagining... couplings. emotion_yatta

Yes, I'm sure. They do take stuff from actual occult sources. However, they often apply things incorrectly so you have to be careful. There's a great deal of irresponsibility there to the point where I wish they would make everything up. Of course made-up stuff can be effective but at least it prevents people from ignorantly dabbling with Enochian Magick.
That said, having a million people charge your sigil by viewing it on tv is pretty effective.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
If you want to learn demonology, there are all sorts of books and websites out there. However, out side of something like a seminary school, I don't think you could major in it (plus, it doesn't seem like it'd be useful for finding work)
Young King under Heaven
If you want to learn demonology, there are all sorts of books and websites out there. However, out side of something like a seminary school, I don't think you could major in it (plus, it doesn't seem like it'd be useful for finding work)

Oh i'm sure you could charge some evangelicals a hefty fine to cleanse their house.
If you sell it right.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
DracoJesi
Young King under Heaven

Oh i'm sure you could charge some evangelicals a hefty fine to cleanse their house.
If you sell it right.

rofl

I'm sorry, the only thing I could think of when I read that was Miroku from Inuyasha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff