Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ya know, I am gay,a nd I have been to their website. I find it rather funny. Kind of scarry but funny all the same. Let them do their little protest. They have a right to think and say what the wish, and we have a right to not listen.. EVER. xd
I'm a Christian and I was deeply disgusted by that website.
I hate it when so called "Christians" ignore the basic teachings of Christ, including "Love thy neighbour".
A "Christian" group maintaining a website saying God hates gays is simply adding to a loooong list of contradictions.
Lostprophets Guild
I hate it when so called "Christians" ignore the basic teachings of Christ, including "Love thy neighbour".
A "Christian" group maintaining a website saying God hates gays is simply adding to a loooong list of contradictions.
Ahhh, what was it that C.S. Lewis said?

The Screwtape Letters
(Devil speaking) Once you have made the World an end, and faith a means, you have almost won your man, and it makes very little difference what kind of worldly end he is pursuing. Provided that meetings, pamhlets, policies, movements, causes, and crusades, matter more to him than prayers and sacraments and charity, he is ours--and the more "religious" (on those terms), the more securely ours. I could show you a pretty cageful down here.

The ends do not justify the means - especially when the means do not justify the end. I do not want the world to be forced into Christianity. The concept boggles the mind - how can you force a supposed "Gospel of peace" into a native population without destroying its capability for appreciating it? sweatdrop
I still think the best way to get at them is to show the s**t that Fred Phelps has written. The Tsunami thing especially. Hand out flyers to people and tell them that you represent whatever church they're from.
Triste Morningstar
I still think the best way to get at them is to show the s**t that Fred Phelps has written. The Tsunami thing especially. Hand out flyers to people and tell them that you represent whatever church they're from.
i actually read that last night off their site, i almost s**t myself between laughter and disgust
i mean SERIOUSLY, how ******** up do you have to be to be HAPPY about that sort of thing and to say that it was good?
minimarker
I believe there is a site against that site. I thought it was www.godhatesgodhatesfags.com
But apparently that no longer exists. If you can find it let me know.
Good luck with that group, they suck.

You might be thinking of the site www.godhatesfags.org which redirects you to http://www.godlovesfags.com.
Triste Morningstar

Actually, I myself am not part of any church. I see this as a chance to bring togeather the community and perhaps broaden the views of some who attend the local churches.
I've used soap smarter than most of those people, and if I could get away with it, I'd shoot one of those bastards on sight. Why worry? They're idiots. Lob eggs at them when they're picketing! xD Or start up a protest against morons and stand next to them protesting their stupidity.
Boxy
Lostprophets Guild
Ahhh, what was it that C.S. Lewis said?

The Screwtape Letters
(Devil speaking) Once you have made the World an end, and faith a means, you have almost won your man, and it makes very little difference what kind of worldly end he is pursuing. Provided that meetings, pamhlets, policies, movements, causes, and crusades, matter more to him than prayers and sacraments and charity, he is ours--and the more "religious" (on those terms), the more securely ours. I could show you a pretty cageful down here.

The ends do not justify the means - especially when the means do not justify the end. I do not want the world to be forced into Christianity. The concept boggles the mind - how can you force a supposed "Gospel of peace" into a native population without destroying its capability for appreciating it? sweatdrop

Well yes mind is now boggled - all I was saying was that this whole "gays are wrong, they are all going to hell" mentality is wrong. I believe in showing love and respect to your fellow human being, instead of judging them based on how you think they should live their lives.
And yes, I too do not want the world to be forced into Christianity (did you think I was implying this question ), just as I do not want it to be forced into any other religion. I believe that religion, or more importantly faith (for any person can be religious, even if you don't have faith) should be freely available for those to explore and investigate in their own time and by their own choice.

Ok so it's late over here, maybe I've gone off on a tangent or completly misunderstood your point, but I'm just trying to justify my comments and respond to yours.
This is Fred Phelp's organization, if I recall. Don't even bother trying to directly engage them, as they aren't going to listen to reason. That's been shown time and time again. I'd say, either pay them no attention at all or rally the community in support of all the GLBT peeps.
What is your town's view point already? That might make all the difference.
Saurencaerthai
This is Fred Phelp's organization, if I recall. Don't even bother trying to directly engage them, as they aren't going to listen to reason. That's been shown time and time again. I'd say, either pay them no attention at all or rally the community in support of all the GLBT peeps.

Reminds me of a quote:

"Sweet polite persuasion will bring you no relief,
... for the kind that yield to reason, arn't the kind that cause you grief"

~ Leslie Fish
Zackorian Donatello Grey

I'm honestly not sure, many people in my high school seem to be disgusted and some are up in arms. On the other hand, my high school is referred to as the "creative one" (and by association is considered more liberal) so it might not serve as a good measure for the community as a whole. Bear in mind that Montana was one of the states to band gay marriage in the last election cycle.
InvisiBROX
Zackorian Donatello Grey

I'm honestly not sure, many people in my high school seem to be disgusted and some are up in arms. On the other hand, my high school is referred to as the "creative one" (and by association is considered more liberal) so it might not serve as a good measure for the community as a whole. Bear in mind that Montana was one of the states to band gay marriage in the last election cycle.
Well, thankfully that Artical doesn't agree. And remember, your school is is apart of the futures generations. No youth who knows right from wrong is ever to small. Equality and Love spreads slower but more powerfully than hate, in the right and proper hands. The artical proves it. I just hope some extremist who are PRO-GAY don't end up shooting down the picket line O.o that would look REALY bad on the part of the Homosexual society. Probably get written off as "The Evil Harbingers of Sadam Slaughter Innocent People Who Spread the Word of God" stare
Oh yeah? Well... Fags hate God.
(Ugh. Lame post. xp )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas