• Voter 100
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL

WATCH! arrow
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

emotion_facepalm No, the esoteric energy you've been presenting, and this video misconstrues as "God," does not have scientific proof. It is an element of several religions (including mine, as ki/chi/qi) and has no basis in fact.

My name is Gouki, and I will show you the true strike.

Did you watch the whole thing?
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

Yes, and it's bunk. It has never been published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, which means the test's results have never been verified by anyone. You wanna know what is science and connects us all? Atoms. Here's Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson explaining it extremely well:

So you are saying that lady who had bladder cancer and she was pray for and it was healed and they show you the footage was fake.
After atoms there is energy.
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

1st, I only watched the 8 minute video you gave me, which ends on the hypothesis I said was bunk. But I will go look into this story about the woman.... now then: Second, that's easily explained by a combination of coincidence and the placebo effect. She believed so hard that praying would work that her body chemistry changed just enough to help fight it, and she was also told how to live healthier, which helps too. Basically, she psyched her immune system into overdrive and was living healthier, and that got rid of the cancer. That has nothing to do with her and the universe communicating with each other, and everything to do with psychology and biology.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL

WATCH! arrow
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

emotion_facepalm No, the esoteric energy you've been presenting, and this video misconstrues as "God," does not have scientific proof. It is an element of several religions (including mine, as ki/chi/qi) and has no basis in fact.

我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

Yes, and it's bunk. It has never been published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, which means the test's results have never been verified by anyone. You wanna know what is science and connects us all? Atoms. Here's Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson explaining it extremely well:

So you are saying that lady who had bladder cancer and she was pray for and it was healed and they show you the footage was fake.
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

1st, I only watched the 8 minute video you gave me, which ends on the hypothesis I said was bunk. But I will go look into this story about the woman.... now then: Second, that's easily explained by a combination of coincidence and the placebo effect. She believed so hard that praying would work that her body chemistry changed just enough to help fight it, and she was also told how to live healthier, which helps too. Basically, she psyched her immune system into overdrive and was living healthier, and that got rid of the cancer. That has nothing to do with her and the universe communicating with each other, and everything to do with psychology and biology.

Okay dude I did the universe and it work for me.
Well then how come only people who are heal have to pray or think positive thinking.

Blessed Seeker

Interesting Gekko

7,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Voter 100
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL

我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

Okay dude I did the universe and it work for me.
Well then how come only people who are heal have to pray or think positive thinking.
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

emotion_facepalm They aren't he only ones who heal. Modern medicine tends to work even if the person doesn't think it will or doesn't have an opinion of if it will. The medicines and treatments have been tested time and time again, which is how we know this. The only time positive thinking and/or praying works is when they're used a placebos to trick the body and mind, and even then it rarely gets rid of anything permanently. Pain will come back, cancers don't go away, bacteria and viruses spread, all because they aren't actually doing anything about it. What you are experiencing when you say the universe consciously helped you is confirmation bias. You believed the universe would consciously help you, so when something possibly unrelated, such as a disease running its course, or coincidentally being at the right place at the right time for something, you assumed that your praying to the universe at large helped, ignoring the possibility for a more realistic, scientific, or mundane answer.

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

Gosh, why you peeple argueing? I have proof rite hear:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hi, thanks for quoting this, but we all know I'm an atheist troll.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
REASON TO ALL!

Interesting Gekko

7,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Voter 100
BATCATGIRL
REASON TO ALL!
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

1. Dane Cook is freakin' hilarious. 3nodding

2. The atheist he ran into was an a**. Most atheists--no, most people--wouldn't sneeze in someone's face without apologizing and then become indignant over the phrase "God bless you." Most would take it as simply a wish for them to have good health. Dane did take a sarcastic tone when he said it though.... *shrug*

3. "Gesundheit" is German for "[to your] health." Came to be used in America thanks to several generations of German immigrants and a large influx of Ashkenazi Jews around 1910. Just thought I'd share a fun fact. xd

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
REASON TO ALL!
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

2. The atheist he ran into was an a**. Most atheists--no, most people--wouldn't sneeze in someone's face without apologizing and then become indignant over the phrase "God bless you." Most would take it as simply a wish for them to have good health. Dane did take a sarcastic tone when he said it though.... *shrug*

3. "Gesundheit" is German for "[to your] health." Came to be used in America thanks to several generations of German immigrants and a large influx of Ashkenazi Jews around 1910. Just thought I'd share a fun fact. xd

Maybe the dude was a extreme atheist. Like you get extreme Christians.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
REASON TO ALL!
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

Or, more likely, Dane Cook took a stereotype and made a joke out of it, like the self-fladulating christian joke.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
stealthmongoose
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
REASON TO ALL!
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

Or, more likely, Dane Cook took a stereotype and made a joke out of it, like the self-fladulating christian joke.

Ah...you sound like you are offended lols

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
BATCATGIRL
stealthmongoose
BATCATGIRL
Manguusu
BATCATGIRL
REASON TO ALL!
我が名は豪鬼、うぬの誠なる一撃 見せてみよ!

Ah...you sound like you are offended lols
I wish i could read accents on the internet.

Oh well, as long as we're having a roast might as well throw in some more meat.
D i c k Poffin
OH wait, excuse me.

They have the lack of belief that God exists.
Same difference.

The reason why Atheists do not believe God exists is because:

They lack Object Permanence.

lol

That's nice. Now let's try the real reasons why I lean toward atheism.

- The Bible itself. Anyone who has actually read it and attempts to pass off God's clear condoning of murder (and self-contradiction, apparently), slavery, and judgement of others as 'metaphors' or 'irrelevant' honestly confuses me. To pass off his laws on the stoning of homosexuals/cutting out of childrens' tongues/selling of daughters as either some metaphor, or invalid due to him sending a part of himself to die to change his own rules which he supposedly was aware of to begin with, is frankly irrational in everyway. If God is all-knowing, why then does he seem to change his attitude about morality and forgiveness? If he may make and learn from mistakes, then he cannot be omnipotent, nor perfect, as he's made and admitted to multiple errors of judgement ( e.g. the great flood, which he expresses notible regret, or at least the realization that drowning the entire world is not the solution to his problems with one species). So what is he, then? A God, perhaps, but if he is subject to error like all humans, what then is so worth worshipping about him? That he so happens to posses more power than us? He created us to begin with - why did he not give us power like his own, rather than 'test' us for entry into his grand paradise? Why not simply create our paradise to begin with - or rather, as he seems to have done that, why not solely punish Adam and Eve for their mistake, rather than every generation to come? There are simply too many questions and gaps in the bible and its image of God to take seriously, largely due to the fact that it has been so misplaced from the original text and manipulated according to the time period and culture in which it was edited that we see so many factions of Christianity bickering on the true interpretation of what is essentially the world's most popular bout of Round Robin.

- God is not sensible. I cannot see it, I cannot smell it, I cannot hear it, I cannot taste it, and I cannot feel it. Ergo, it does not exist. This is the way we are all biologically inclined to believe, or at least, are intended to believe - I can tell someone there is a giant gargoyle in the room with them, but if they cannot see, hear, smell, taste, or feel said gargoyle, what are they going to think? That it isn't real, that I'm seeing things, that I'm defective or on some kind of drug. If, however, both I and that person had been conditioned from childhood to believe that that Gargoyle existed and would someday present itself if we followed a certain set of controlled behaviors that happened to benefit a certain authority figure, then we may both be inclined to believe its existence without question. The gargoyle is no less real nor proven, but we may continue to believe in its existance on the sole grounds that we cannot be sure if our sensory information is correct, or if we are well enough equipped to determine something's existance.

- I have yet to find a single decent arguement for the existance of God, other than 'well, what other explanation could there be' or, even better, 'well, you can't prove he DOESN'T'.

It's not my job to. As a non-believer, it is not my job to provide evidence and reasoning for why I have no faith in the existance of a god. It falls on the god's followers to give me some reason why their faith is founded and rational, other than the fact that they have faith in that god.

If I told you the sky is made of dragons, you wouldn't expect to have to defend why that is entirely irrational. I would be expected to explain my reasoning for drawing that conclusion, and it would be up to my audience to decide the validity of my logic and statements.

That's how science works. It's not the crowd that proves the theory, it's the Theorist. And I have yet to see a religion that can back up it's faith and answer the 'WHY' of it with anything more than something that just relates to faith or lack of proof against the theory.

That's why I'm an atheist. Not because I lack object permanence which, by the way, is based on the assumption that the child has seen or otherwise been made aware of the tangible existence of the object in question to begin with, which is not possible with a deity. smile

Greedy Consumer

Tuah
This troll is so poor, I had to take the time away from my hobby of not collecting stamps to describe how hard I'm facepalming.
thats... quite some hobby you got there lol

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Tuah
This troll is so poor, I had to take the time away from my hobby of not collecting stamps to describe how hard I'm facepalming.
thats... quite some hobby you got there lol

Thank you. Luckily it's so non-intensive that I still have a lot of time to dedicate to my religion, atheism. I spend 99%+ of my day not praising or even believing in God.
D i c k Poffin
OH wait, excuse me.

They have the lack of belief that God exists.
Same difference.

The reason why Atheists do not believe God exists is because:

They lack Object Permanence.

lol

The magical garfloppenfloopal is dancing the jig upon your head at this very moment. You cannot dispute its existence, therefor it must exist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff