Welcome to Gaia! ::

Advanced Lunatic

Is there any mythology or lore based around Christianity? I'm talking about such things as angel/demon wars or something to that effect? Or is everything in the religion what "could" happen?
I'm writing a book based around an Angel and I was curious as to if there was any lore I could research and make references at?

Please, and thank you for the input, everyone! ^-^

Hallowed Hunter

stealthmongoose
sicK pandaH
Is there any mythology or lore based around Christianity? I'm talking about such things as angel/demon wars or something to that effect? Or is everything in the religion what "could" happen?
I'm writing a book based around an Angel and I was curious as to if there was any lore I could research and make references at?

EDIT: You're welcome.

Your video does not work. A pity, I like that film.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Admiral Dardanos
stealthmongoose
sicK pandaH

Just click "Watch on youtube" instead of the embedded link, you heretical sex-machine you.
There's nothing tremendously exciting. I'd have Theseus nine times out of ten.

Hallowed Hunter

stealthmongoose
Admiral Dardanos
stealthmongoose
sicK pandaH

Just click "Watch on youtube" instead of the embedded link, you heretical sex-machine you.

Oh, stop it! redface
YHWH could be considered a member of the Canaanite Pantheon.

Familiar Prophet

Read Isaiah chapter 6 (talks about seraphim); Ezekiel chapters 1&10 (talks about cherubim); The Book of Revelation, it covers the apocalyptic war between angels, demons, the messiah (Jesus), the antichrist, Satan's throne, the harlot and the beast, and the dragon; The Book Of Daniel ( It covers the Prince of Persia and Archangel Michael); Matthew 4:1-11 (Talks about Satan tempting Jesus); Mark 5:11-13 (Jesus extracts demons from a man and they go into pigs and they run into the sea). You could also check out the Book of Enoch, it's apocrypha.

Advanced Lunatic

Ameixah
Read Isaiah chapter 6 (talks about seraphim); Ezekiel chapters 1&10; The Book of Revelation, it covers the apocalyptic war between angels, demons, the messiah (Jesus), the antichrist, Satan's throne, the harlot and the beast, and the dragon; The Book Of Daniel ( It covers the Prince of Persia and Archangel Michael). You could also check out the Book of Enoch, it's apocrypha.

Thank you very much, this sounds about what I need. =3
Isn't there something that has to do with the Nephilim, too? -- I only know this reference because of the video game Darksiders. cat_sweatdrop

Familiar Prophet

sicK pandaH
Ameixah
Read Isaiah chapter 6 (talks about seraphim); Ezekiel chapters 1&10 (talks about cherubim); The Book of Revelation, it covers the apocalyptic war between angels, demons, the messiah (Jesus), the antichrist, Satan's throne, the harlot and the beast, and the dragon; The Book Of Daniel ( It covers the Prince of Persia and Archangel Michael); Matthew 4:1-11 (Talks about Satan tempting Jesus); Mark 5:11-13, Matthew 8, and Luke 8 (Jesus extracts demons from a man and they go into pigs and run into the sea where they drown). You could also check out the Book of Enoch, it's apocrypha.

Isn't there something that has to do with the Nephilim, too? -- I only know this reference because of the video game Darksiders. cat_sweatdrop

You're Welcome

Genesis chapter 6, and the Book of Enoch talks about Nephilim or giants. 3nodding

Advanced Lunatic

Ameixah
sicK pandaH
Ameixah
Read Isaiah chapter 6 (talks about seraphim); Ezekiel chapters 1&10 (talks about cherubim); The Book of Revelation, it covers the apocalyptic war between angels, demons, the messiah (Jesus), the antichrist, Satan's throne, the harlot and the beast, and the dragon; The Book Of Daniel ( It covers the Prince of Persia and Archangel Michael); Matthew 4:1-11 (Talks about Satan tempting Jesus); Mark 5:11-13, Matthew 8 and Luke 8 (Jesus extracts demons from a man and they go into pigs and run into the sea where they drown). You could also check out the Book of Enoch, it's apocrypha.

You're Welcome

Genesis chapter 6, and the Book of Enoch talk about Nephilim or giants. 3nodding

Alright! Again, thank you very much, this is exactly what I'm looking for! ^-^
Lucifer was God's favourite angel, and then he fell and created Hell. Or some s**t like that.

Genies are from Islam if you want to throw those in too.

Dapper Reveler

stealthmongoose

I never thought of you as the poetic type, in fact, I always thought that mythos was the most disagreeable thing you found in religion.
If you are interested in learning about Mormonism, they have a bunch of different views on Angels and Demons.

For instance, angels have appeared to a number of early Mormons (or so they claim). There was a Native American (South or North America) Angel, that appeared to their prophet about golden plates. The Angel appeared a few times. Other Angels have appeared, and usually are known to "restore" certain powers (of which they call priesthood).

Elijah restored "sealing" powers (for their temple work)

Peter, James and John restored other priesthood powers (used for a number of things. To bless, heal, baptize, ordain, etc). All of these characters showed up as "angels" or a being that is similar.

Mormons also have a lot of theology relating to "demons".

George Washington, also had a dream or vision of an Angel visiting him.

I would be careful with using anything about this story. I believe it is in the Library of Congress (which doesn't necessarily prove its reliability), but the origins of this are mysterious (and quite possibly false). Nonetheless, it makes an interesting story in relation to Christianity, America, and Angels.

Advanced Lunatic

Henry Hobo-Master
If you are interested in learning about Mormonism, they have a bunch of different views on Angels and Demons.

For instance, angels have appeared to a number of early Mormons (or so they claim). There was a Native American (South or North America) Angel, that appeared to their prophet about golden plates. The Angel appeared a few times. Other Angels have appeared, and usually are known to "restore" certain powers (of which they call priesthood).

Elijah restored "sealing" powers (for their temple work)

Peter, James and John restored other priesthood powers (used for a number of things. To bless, heal, baptize, ordain, etc). All of these characters showed up as "angels" or a being that is similar.

Mormons also have a lot of theology relating to "demons".

George Washington, also had a dream or vision of an Angel visiting him.

I would be careful with using anything about this story. I believe it is in the Library of Congress (which doesn't necessarily prove its reliability), but the origins of this are mysterious (and quite possibly false). Nonetheless, it makes an interesting story in relation to Christianity, America, and Angels.

I will definitely take this into consideration! Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff