Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tuah
Well you see, thousands of years ago, people didn't understand much, so they made up a bunch of stories.

Many continue to stick with the stories today instead of actually learning anything.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
First of all, wrong forum. This is better for the Religion Subforum.

My first concern is God... Was Jesus God? I remember people debating about this because of something he had said to someone.
Yes, Jesus was God born in human form through the Virgin Mary

How come God is very vengeful and punishes people by sending them to hell for eternity? A large portion of the world does not believe in the Religion or just doesn't know about it. Does that mean a huge portion of the world will be sent to hell upon dying? Some how I would expect a supreme being to be more forgiving.

It isn't made clear if he sends people there who don't know about Christianity, but in order to gain access to Heaven, one must first believe He is their Savior and try to live by the Bible. Remeber that word, Try, nobody can live by it perfectly, but tht's alright as Jesus forgives the sins of his worshipers
How come God seems to be limited? The concept of God usually implies being omniscient and unlimited in terms of power. Yet it seems God is very limited; only having one son...
What? How does having one son imply being limited? Would you rather there be a thousand Jesus Christs running around? If one believes the Bibl, he created everything, thus he is techanically the father of everything. Remeber that Jesus is his only begotten son, as in he is the only person who is God's child in a conventional sense
Amor Sempiternus

It'd be interesting to see what the pre-Council of Nicea (sp?) texts say, I think. Like how much of the modern Bible is really what Christians consider to be their God's word, and how much was added in/taken out and so on.

Like the Gnostic texts and the Gospel of Mary Magdalene (which portrays Peter as a sexist a*****e because Jesus treated Magdalene as an equal)? That WOULD be interesting. The Gnostic texts speak of a much more intimate Church, where you find the path to God within yourself - not through priests and bishops (and if we look at history, wouldn't that have been better?): there wasn't anyone with power over others, but that, obviously, changed.

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I have never understood Christianity.
I will never be able to wrap my head around why people worship God, who killed a total of about ten-thousand people in the Bible, and hate the Devil, though he killed like, what? 10 people in the entire Bible?

To be honest, I don't get religion at all.
I mean, after reading this, all the way through, I find it hard to place my belief in religion.

Sorry, that's just my opinion. I do not study Philosophy, nor have I ever studied Christianity (or any religion) past the required GCSE syllabus, so I apologise for anything that's wrong.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver
I heard someone say "man made religions are stupid. Just believe in God."
That made sense because though I know there's a God, people always mess up stories. Through the years, I think people have added things about God that may not be true. Man made religions are messy.

You're really meant to grow out of that imaginary friend-phase when you hit adolescence, y'know.

Speaking of adolescence, have you hit it yet?

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver
That made sense because though I know there's a God, people always mess up stories. Through the years, I think people have added things about God that may not be true. Man made religions are messy.

You're really meant to grow out of that imaginary friend-phase when you hit adolescence, y'know.

If I hadn't I wouldn't be on this site.
I know it must be difficult being retarded and all, but could you at least use what little capacity for thought you have once in a while?

There are plenty of pre-adolescent brats on gaia that have yet to hit puberty, quite like yourself.
J.T3
I don't understand religions

Right there with you.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver

I know it must be difficult being retarded and all, but could you at least use what little capacity for thought you have once in a while?

There are plenty of pre-adolescent brats on gaia that have yet to hit puberty, quite like yourself.

Now you're just projecting. neutral
By the way, you never responded to either of my questions on that Nazi support thread. sad

It was removed.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Misty Moonsilver

Now you're just projecting. neutral
By the way, you never responded to either of my questions on that Nazi support thread. sad

It was removed.

That's fine. You can answer them here. You know the context.

Explain to me why black males are the largest prison demographic in the United States.
Explain to me why African Americans are the poorest demographic in the United States.

Because according to you, it has nothing to do with where the majority of African Americans grow up (rundown crime-ridden areas).

Wow... I don't know why I should waste anymore time talking to someone so ignorant.
Where you grow up doesn't have to do with the crimes you commit. There are rich people in good neighborhoods that kill other people all the time. Don't forget about the role media plays and society. Also factor in the number of black men that are innocent but get locked away anyway for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
And you piece of s**t, I highly doubt black people are actually "the poorest demographic".
Case closed, I refuse to argue with a communazi anymore.

Adored Admirer

This thread is now in M&R? Ugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas