Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Poster

Something about a cloud daddy and his zombie son.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Considering Jesus prayed to God, I doubt they are the same thing.

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
YOU CAN ENDORSE JESUS CHRIST?

*after reading post*:

Seems like you need to be introduced to "Good Guy Lucifer" 3nodding
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tuah

Many continue to stick with the stories today instead of actually learning anything.

It's wonderful that people only post this stupid s**t on the internet and in close minded circle jerks.

Dapper Phantom

The answer to all your questions:

User Image

Adored Admirer

Twisted Rainbow Insanity

Trinitarianism counters this.

Dandrogyny

User Image

That's funny to anyone who isn't a Sabellian.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Twisted Rainbow Insanity

Dandrogyny

User Image

rofl

Adored Admirer

Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Pseudo-Onkelos
Twisted Rainbow Insanity

Dandrogyny

User Image

rofl

Sabellius truly believed that the Father was the Son. "Father" and "Son" were merely nominal. Trinitarians believe the Father and Son actually exist as individual realities. So yeah, pretty funny.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Pseudo-Onkelos
Twisted Rainbow Insanity

Dandrogyny

User Image

rofl

Sabellius truly believed that the Father was the Son. "Father" and "Son" were merely nominal. Trinitarians believe the Father and Son actually exist as individual realities. So yeah, pretty funny.
Well, nothing about Christianity makes much sense to me anyway, this isn't much of an exception.
It's going to depends on who you talk to and their faith and how the practice it. Generally, Jesus is accepted as being God, even though he is referred to as God's son. It's kind of weird and confusing, but it's something you just kind of accept. Many will say that Jesus was God's mad man. Jesus went around clarifying God's word, and the died to atone for the sins of everyone, which generally regarded as kind of a big deal.

Me personally, I see Jesus more as a role model to model my life after. He helped the poor healed the sick, and stood up for those who were be persecuted. To me, that is an admirable way to live. I do recognize his divinity, but I don't really feel comfortable praying to Jesus. I pray to God, because to me, God is more representative of the all being, all knowing, forces of the universe. But that's just me and it's going to differ for everyone.

Conservative Citizen

10,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Amor Sempiternus
MiameMiame
Jesus is the son of God.. Atleast so I have been taught. I think God is vengeful because humans are vengeful. In the bible it states that God made humans after himself. Maybe God is short-tempered like that (even though it also states in the bible that God forgives everything you do... so that makes me doubtful again)
I don't know about the last question, it's more of a personal opinion. God might seem limited to you, but it doesn't have to be limited for other people.

Speaking as a non-Christian, this makes sense. If he made humans in his image, then that would to an extent make him responsible for human nature, free will included.

You're correct, we as humans do in fact have free will because we're made in the image of God, who also has free will. Unfortunately, we've all abused the privilege of having that free will and have used it to sin, ever since that fateful day when Satan tricked Eve in the garden of Eden. EVERYTHING we have comes from God EXCEPT for the sinful nature, which we developed on our own with Satan's help. This is why Jesus had to die on the cross and shed His perfect, sinless blood to pay our sin debt.

Now yes, the Bible does say that God is a vengeful and even jealous God, and He even outright says 'vengeance is mine' in the Bible. Why is it His? We're imperfect because of our own sin. Just like we abused our privilege of free will, we abuse such things as vengeance. God knows that perfect balance between vengeance and forgiveness. He knows that there are some people that even though you forgive them for their actions, they're still going to commit those actions regardless and continue to harm the innocent, so there are unfortunately times when vengeance MUST be carried out to protect others. However, God having to take out vengeance on someone doesn't affect whether or not they're saved. Its just affects their mortal lives here on Earth.

Yes, I did say earlier that He is indeed a jealous God. When you think about it, He has every RIGHT to be jealous. See, if He is indeed the one, true, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, perfect and all powerful Creator (Which I believe with all my heart and being that He is), WHY would you worship anyone else? If I were God, I'd be REAL jealous of, for example, the Egyptians worshiping golden cats and such, when God created the gold AND cats. What He's ultimately jealous of is people worshiping the creation rather than the Creator.

Conservative Citizen

10,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Dandrogyny

User Image

Pfft, XD THAT'S funny. Reminds me of a joke my dad came up with.

Okay, Jesus is praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, right? While He's praying, this bee comes up and starts to aggravate Him. Jesus looks to the bee and says, "Why are you trying to sting me? Don't you know I created you?" The bee backs up wide eyed and says, "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you in that get-up!"

Adored Admirer

Sakura Courage Solo
You're correct, we as humans do in fact have free will

We do not have free will. You should also believe this if you believe God is omniscient.

Sakura Courage Solo
because we're made in the image of God, who also has free will.

To be created in the image (and likeness) of God simply means we have dominion over the Earth. See Gen. 1:26-28. And does God have free will if God knows what He is going to do next? And if He cannot change this, since He knows everything before it occurs, is He really omnipotent?

Sakura Courage Solo
Unfortunately, we've all abused the privilege of having that free will and have used it to sin, ever since that fateful day when Satan tricked Eve in the garden of Eden.

Where in Genesis 3 is Satan?

Sakura Courage Solo
EVERYTHING we have comes from God EXCEPT for the sinful nature, which we developed on our own with Satan's help.

So there is something outside of God's control?

Also, where in Genesis 3 is Satan?

Sakura Courage Solo
This is why Jesus had to die on the cross and shed His perfect, sinless blood to pay our sin debt.

Jesus had to? Why couldn't God just say, "Well, Adam and Eve, you two sinned, but I'll forgive you"?

The rest was unbearable to read.

Conservative Citizen

10,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Sakura Courage Solo
You're correct, we as humans do in fact have free will

We do not have free will. You should also believe this if you believe God is omniscient.

Wait, what? Now how does being omniscient strip free will? Just because God knows something is going to happen doesn't mean He can't choose how to handle it or even to ignore it. He's God. He does as He sees fir, WHEN He sees fit.

Pseudo-Onkelos
Sakura Courage Solo
because we're made in the image of God, who also has free will.

To be created in the image (and likeness) of God simply means we have dominion over the Earth. See Gen. 1:26-28. And does God have free will if God knows what He is going to do next? And if He cannot change this, since He knows everything before it occurs, is He really omnipotent?

See my previous answer.

Pseudo-Onkelos
Sakura Courage Solo
Unfortunately, we've all abused the privilege of having that free will and have used it to sin, ever since that fateful day when Satan tricked Eve in the garden of Eden.

Where in Genesis 3 is Satan?

The serpent. Satan used it as a vessel. Possessed it, if you will. This is why the serpent was cursed in Genesis 3:14, for basically deciding to get in league with Satan for the act.

Pseudo-Onkelos
Sakura Courage Solo
EVERYTHING we have comes from God EXCEPT for the sinful nature, which we developed on our own with Satan's help.

So there is something outside of God's control?

Sort of yes, sort of no. He gave us free will because He loves us and didn't want us to basically be obedient robots walking around. So he gives us choices. Unfortunately we have all made wrong choices in our lives .

Pseudo-Onkelos
Sakura Courage Solo
This is why Jesus had to die on the cross and shed His perfect, sinless blood to pay our sin debt.

Jesus had to? Why couldn't God just say, "Well, Adam and Eve, you two sinned, but I'll forgive you"?

A very good question. He does things in certain orders and ways to make us understand consequences, obedience, etc. while not forcing Himself against our free will. If He just said, "I forgive you", never giving a consequence, then we'd just be using it as a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card and continue abusing our privilege of free will. He could have waived the debt, yes, sure, but then what would we have learned from it? Squat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff