You are not a nice man.

Thanks for the info, Ill see if I have any ******** left to give

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
A challenge to clear the air:

If anyone here can bypass, circumvent, avoid, or BREAK scientific law without adhering to scientific methods to do so, then i will instantly convert to the religion of choice that the opposition proposes.

Say, for example, you are a Christian and want me to become a believer. All you have to do is perform a miracle or have your deity perform one for you. It doesn't even have to be curing cancer or anything important that a God would do if they existed, it could be something as simple as defying gravity without any assistance from technology, or shooting lazer beams out of your eyeballs after reciting a prayer.

I may not be with OP's attitude on what evolution is or is not, but that doesn't mean i'm not willing to take something reasonable on faith if enough evidence is shown to match a prerequisite claim.

Seriously, you could have me believing in Jesus and talking about his resurrection in a matter of seconds.

GET TO IT!
Extraordinary Gentleman
Considering America is "a country for all religions and lifestyles"

yet christians are against mosques being built near the 9/11 memorial

christians are against gay marriage

christians are only voting like-minded people into politics

Islam murders women just because they dont dress a certain way

Buddhism is the only religion I could accept whole-heartedly. There is no god, so there is nothing to worship
Just be a good person, and one day you will reach enlightenment

you cant expect me to believe that a god had created everything.

Prove it.

It's Called Having "Faith"
Without It, Of Course You Will Not Believe At All, Why?
You Only Believe It When You See It, Which Isn`t Going To Help In This Situation.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Its Nothing We Christians Can Do To Make You Accept Christ Nor Anyone else But Thats A Decision You Must Make For Yourself.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
stealthmongoose
If anyone here can bypass, circumvent, avoid, or BREAK scientific law without adhering to scientific methods to do so, then i will instantly convert to the religion of choice that the opposition proposes.
But.

Would you use scientific examination to determine if they did/didn't?

And wouldn't breaking scientific law only strengthen it by correcting what was evidently false about it?

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Jazin Kay
stealthmongoose
But.

Would you use scientific examination to determine if they did/didn't?

And wouldn't breaking scientific law only strengthen it by correcting what was evidently false about it?

Yes, but at that point religion wouldn't just be an ambiguous vestige to science, it would by the laws of reality synthesize with the laws of science to become something part and parcel but altogether indicative of a deity being there.

We're not talking about something as mundane as lightning striking you just because you said the world Jesus an hour ago.

We're not even talking about winning the lottery after praying for it.

We're talking about something that not only defies all odds, but is repeatable by sheer connection to either the prayer or command itself. "Jesus, grant my eyeballs the fiery power of the MAN OF STEEL!" and then suddenly lazer beams shoot out of your ******** eyeballs and you can do it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN would be a sign of deific intervention, especially if after that point everyone could do it by repeating the process.

It would not only prove science AND your religion right, it would prove CREATIONISM RIGHT TOO! ON THE SIDE OF CHRISTIANITY!

It doesn't even have to be something destructive like that. CURE ******** CANCER for the love of whatever heathen God you worship!

Conservative Dabbler

8,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Extraordinary Gentleman
M a h z a l a
Extraordinary Gentleman

I was actually about to call you a really nice guy for trying to be all tolerant and whatnot, and just be accepting of the religions followed around you, but now I can't. I also have to add that you are very ignorant about some of them as well.

Islam does not call for the murder of women if they don't dress a certain way.

In Shariah law, it is illegal for women to be out in public without dressing modestly.

In Saudi Arabia, even, women who are not covered head to toe in modest clothing can be beaten and killed.

I.E. Murdered

Bullshit, lived in Saudi Arabia for half a year, public mobs are not a thing there.
Though of course the national dress code is very stringent, the mandatory legal enforcement of the Hijab is not a legal stature, though it is very recommended.

l2knowlaw

Conservative Dabbler

8,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Extraordinary Gentleman
Considering America is "a country for all religions and lifestyles"

yet christians are against mosques being built near the 9/11 memorial

christians are against gay marriage

christians are only voting like-minded people into politics

Buddhism is the only religion I could accept whole-heartedly. There is no god, so there is nothing to worship
Just be a good person, and one day you will reach enlightenment

you cant expect me to believe that a god had created everything.

Prove it.

Ehh Buddhism is not Atheistic , Buddhist scriptures mention many Gods, and have many equally fantastic myths and tales about them as other Religions.

The only difference is that belief in a god or God is not a required factor in practicing the Dharma. the vast majority of traditional Buddhists I know also hold belifes in Deitys , spirits etc etc.

This "Buddhism is atheistic yeaaa!" bullshit, is a very recent, and very western thing.
Also Buddhism has promoted and been the cause of just as much s**t as any other religion.
Cryptocrystalline
Henry Hobo-Master
Extraordinary Gentleman
For I believe in no religion, because science has made every religion mute.

But good for you that you believe in something, I, however, belive in evolution.

Your logic:

I accept everyone's religion, because all religions are wrong and I don't believe in them. So by disregarding that all religions (because science has every answer that we have ever imagined, but its really all just theoretical because science still can't prove evolution actually happened), I can turn around and say that I accept your religion out of the goodness of my heart.

Thats pretty messed up dude. Lets stop lying, and just say that you cannot accept the religion as truth, because each religion is like a different fairy tale for you.

You should instead say how you accept all religions in the category of being "untrue" because evolution solves everything.

Also, can you prove to me that evolution must happen? Are there not instances where it doesn't happen? And when I said that science can't "prove" evolution occurred, what I really mean is that science cannot prove that evolution has happened without God.

Although It might have happened, we can't prove it to be God's will or not.

I think he's trying to say that he accepts there are religous people out there who, you know, practice religion.

Whats all this stuff about evolution? Is that the only thing true aethiests care about?

Im sure there is alot of other science stuff that aetheists can beleive in too.

"Aetheist" is not spelt correctly.

Citizen

Fermionic
Cryptocrystalline
Henry Hobo-Master
Extraordinary Gentleman

But good for you that you believe in something, I, however, belive in evolution.

Your logic:

I accept everyone's religion, because all religions are wrong and I don't believe in them. So by disregarding that all religions (because science has every answer that we have ever imagined, but its really all just theoretical because science still can't prove evolution actually happened), I can turn around and say that I accept your religion out of the goodness of my heart.

Thats pretty messed up dude. Lets stop lying, and just say that you cannot accept the religion as truth, because each religion is like a different fairy tale for you.

You should instead say how you accept all religions in the category of being "untrue" because evolution solves everything.

Also, can you prove to me that evolution must happen? Are there not instances where it doesn't happen? And when I said that science can't "prove" evolution occurred, what I really mean is that science cannot prove that evolution has happened without God.

Although It might have happened, we can't prove it to be God's will or not.

I think he's trying to say that he accepts there are religous people out there who, you know, practice religion.

Whats all this stuff about evolution? Is that the only thing true aethiests care about?

Im sure there is alot of other science stuff that aetheists can beleive in too.

"Aetheist" is not spelt correctly.

Lol

Eloquent Streaker

Extraordinary Gentleman

The only part of religion that has been rendered null and void by science is Creationism. Everything else does not fall under science's scope.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Oh no, this again.

Even if I don't believe in other religions personally, I find the various cultural elements in them fascinating, as it gives beautiful insight into the minds of the original creators, and the followers to some degree as well. It's enlightening, and sheds light on the human condition to say the least.

That being said, the amount of bickering that occurs over differences in religion, in culture, in belief...is disheartening to say the least. Even here people aren't celebrating diversity, they're flinging passive aggressive low blows at the loopholes in each other's beliefs, even resorting to correcting grammatical errors if nothing else.

Let me know when the hostility stops; I'd love to come back when we can have a vibrant, enthusiastic, open conversation about various belief systems without someone taking a cut at someone else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games