Welcome to Gaia! ::

... 1 100.0% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Degreenified Elphaba
It seems I unintentionally trolled. XD I thought I was clear in my assessment of myself but I suppose not...

Logically and Realistically, I don't believe Gods (Fine, I'll capitalise the ******** G), exist, making me Atheist. If I'm wrong, I actually don't care and it won't change anything major in my life thus making me Apatheist. In all honesty, I'm closer to Apatheist than Atheist as my whole stance on Gods and Religion is 'If it's not hurting anyone, I don't really care."

Now, the romantic artist (Or just the artist, really) in me has no problem with the idea of gods. (******** the capitalization). I'm actually deeply interested the Supernatural in the 'Investigative' sort of way. The idea of spirits, ghosts, monsters, and other such things makes me smile. I don't believe they exist but I give them the benefit of the doubt because I honestly think doing so isn't going to hurt anything. But my stance is still "Not real until proven otherwise."

Which leads to my Lokean tendencies. I have a muse, or rather, just random thoughts that seems to have their own personality. They chirp up with their own opinions about things, jokes, just general.

I named it Loki because it felt right.

And reading around, my partial insanity seems to match a lot of other people's insanity that goes by the name of - you guessed it - Loki. Same personality, behavior, etc.

Now, people would ask "But surely that is proof of a God! How can you be atheist still?"

All this proves is that I have a very popular imaginary friend. Loki agrees.

"Lokean" implies a level of devotion and service to the god Loki. If you aren't worshipping him at all, let alone devoted to him, then no, you're just talking to a person in your head you've given his name. Likewise, if you happened to really like the character Loki from Marvel's Thor, that wouldn't make you a Lokean either, even if you were totally into it and RPed him and wrote fic about him 24/7. Ditto that show Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok or whatever.

It'd be like hanging out with your imaginary friend Jesus, and pretending that that made you a Christian.

Don't believe in him? then you're not a follower.

You might find something interesting in Discordianism, though. That doesn't require you to believe in Eris.

Either that or one day he'll smack you over the head with something.
If you believe in Loki, then you are not an atheist.

Anxious Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam
And what is the Devil archetype?

"Evil incarnate, this character offers worldly goods, fame, or knowledge to the protagonist in exchange for possession of the soul."
- Flashcards: Hero Archetypes- Character Archetypes

I dunno... he seems to do a lot of general ******** with people.

(I guess this would follow Discordianism better though...?)
Xiam
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam
And what is the Devil archetype?

"Evil incarnate, this character offers worldly goods, fame, or knowledge to the protagonist in exchange for possession of the soul."
- Flashcards: Hero Archetypes- Character Archetypes

I dunno... he seems to do a lot of general ******** with people.

Yeah, but more for the evulz than for the lulz.

Xiam
(I guess this would follow Discordianism better though...?)

Your guess is a good as mine.
- sweatdrop

Familiar Smoker

Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos
Oh, look, another one of these threads.
Oh look, another one of these posts.

Oh, look, a fan.
Oh look, an unoriginal ******** hack who doesn't know how to use proper punctuation.
Maybe I should sign up for Twitter, that way you can keep tabs.
If you do let me know, I'll gladly sign up for Twitter just to troll the ******** out of you.
You're not Lokean you just look the concept for inspiration. Problem solved. Nothing new.

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
I propose that OP was saying that he identifies with Loki's mythos as a fictional character much like an impoverished man might identify with Jesus etc.

To say that he is Lokean is false if he is an atheist, but that does not mean that certain principles claimed by Lokeans are not applicable to his way of life.

Familiar Smoker

Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos

Oh, look, a fan.
Oh look, an unoriginal ******** hack who doesn't know how to use proper punctuation.
If you do let me know, I'll gladly sign up for Twitter just to troll the ******** out of you.

Not that I care. You're just another expendable, faceless individual I'll never know personally.
I'm cool with that.

Familiar Smoker

Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos

Not that I care. You're just another expendable, faceless individual I'll never know personally.
I'm cool with that.
It's not like I was the one contacting you in the first place.
I was not aware responding to an asinine comment on gaia qualified as "contacting".

Familiar Smoker

Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos

I'm cool with that.
It's not like I was the one contacting you in the first place.
I was not aware responding to an asinine comment on gaia qualified as "contacting".
I'm glad you can spam, just as I.
You say spam, I say quelling boredom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas