Welcome to Gaia! ::

... 1 100.0% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Because that seems to be my current religious leaning.

I'm an Atheist because, Realistically, I don't believe in the existence of Gods.

I'm an Apatheist because, if Gods were proven to exist, I really wouldn't give a rat's a** about it anyway aka Humans are better anyway.

And I'm (suspecting, anyway) that I'm Lokean because, out of all the other Gods, I feel as though I connect with him best, to the point of him being my muse when it comes to artistic expressions. Though that relationship might be hampered somewhat with my doubts of his existence.

I'm actually perfectly okay with this combination, it's just I have no idea how I'm meant to express it.

I know there are Atheistic pagans, who claim to be both Atheist and Pagan complete with their own patron god/s, but beyond that claiming, I've yet to see a more detailed outline of it. Should I do rituals/offerings, even if I believe it's kind of going to waste?

Advice? Insults that I'll ignore anyway? Criticisms that will go the same way as the insults?

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Degreenified Elphaba

I'm an Atheist because, Realistically, I don't believe in the existence of Gods.

I'm an Apatheist because, if Gods were proven to exist, I really wouldn't give a rat's a** about it anyway aka Humans are better anyway.

And I'm (suspecting, anyway) that I'm Lokean because, out of all the other Gods, I feel as though I connect with him best, to the point of him being my muse when it comes to artistic expressions. Though that relationship might be hampered somewhat with my doubts of his existence.

I'm actually perfectly okay with this combination, it's just I have no idea how I'm meant to express it.

I know there are Atheistic pagans, who claim to be both Atheist and Pagan complete with their own patron god/s, but beyond that claiming, I've yet to see a more detailed outline of it. Should I do rituals/offerings, even if I believe it's kind of going to waste?

Advice? Insults that I'll ignore anyway? Criticisms that will go the same way as the insults?

You can be an apatheist atheist; in fact, apatheism implies atheism, as you require an active belief to be a theist, whereas you do not require an active disbelief to be an atheist. You are not a Lokean, also. Lokeanism is the belief in Loki as a construct (or physical being) that is within existence. As you have already stated that you are an atheist, you cannot be a Lokean.

Overall, given the fact that you doubt his existence, I would call you, at best, an agnostic apatheist.

Devout Fairy

If you don't believe in gods and don't care about them, how are you draw to one?

Also, a God is not a god.

That being said, I have heard of people working with gods as archetypes as opposed to actual beings, but it gets into a bunch on neo-pagan stuff that I neither understand nor care about.

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Degreenified Elphaba

Atheist + Loki (Divine Being) = WTF

Greedy Consumer

Prince Baldr
Degreenified Elphaba

Atheist + Loki (Divine Being) = WTF=wtf

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Degreenified Elphaba

Care to explain this position?

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Prince Baldr

...What?

He's saying it makes no sense, because Loki, being a god, would (under an atheist's stance) not exist. So why follow a being you don't believe to exist?

And don't give that Satanist "archetype" bullshit, if you want to follow an archetype as a model for living, you don't give it a name, just follow the archetype it represents. In this case (and, to be honest, the Satanist case as well) it's a Trickster archetype.
Xiam
And don't give that Satanist "archetype" bullshit, if you want to follow an archetype as a model for living, you don't give it a name, just follow the archetype it represents. In this case (and, to be honest, the Satanist case as well) it's a Trickster archetype.

Satanism is more the Devil archetype.

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Xiam
Degreenified Elphaba

Care to explain this position?

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Prince Baldr

...What?

He's saying it makes no sense, because Loki, being a god, would (under an atheist's stance) not exist. So why follow a being you don't believe to exist?

Right. You don't get to have the fun of hokey religions, if all you have is a good blaster by your side. If you want to follow a god, then do so. But you don't get to if you don't think they exist. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Familiar Smoker

Procto-Onkelos
Oh, look, another one of these threads.
Oh look, another one of these posts.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam

Satanism is more the Devil archetype.

And what is the Devil archetype?

Prince Baldr
Right. You don't get to have the fun of hokey religions, if all you have is a good blaster by your side. If you want to follow a god, then do so. But you don't get to if you don't think they exist. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Well... I suppose you could for the fun of it, but you wouldn't really have any intellectual or spiritual progress unless you find that reason for motivation.
Xiam
And what is the Devil archetype?

"Evil incarnate, this character offers worldly goods, fame, or knowledge to the protagonist in exchange for possession of the soul."
- Flashcards: Hero Archetypes- Character Archetypes
It seems I unintentionally trolled. XD I thought I was clear in my assessment of myself but I suppose not...

Logically and Realistically, I don't believe Gods (Fine, I'll capitalise the ******** G), exist, making me Atheist. If I'm wrong, I actually don't care and it won't change anything major in my life thus making me Apatheist. In all honesty, I'm closer to Apatheist than Atheist as my whole stance on Gods and Religion is 'If it's not hurting anyone, I don't really care."

Now, the romantic artist (Or just the artist, really) in me has no problem with the idea of gods. (******** the capitalization). I'm actually deeply interested the Supernatural in the 'Investigative' sort of way. The idea of spirits, ghosts, monsters, and other such things makes me smile. I don't believe they exist but I give them the benefit of the doubt because I honestly think doing so isn't going to hurt anything. But my stance is still "Not real until proven otherwise."

Which leads to my Lokean tendencies. I have a muse, or rather, just random thoughts that seems to have their own personality. They chirp up with their own opinions about things, jokes, just general.

I named it Loki because it felt right.

And reading around, my partial insanity seems to match a lot of other people's insanity that goes by the name of - you guessed it - Loki. Same personality, behavior, etc.

Now, people would ask "But surely that is proof of a God! How can you be atheist still?"

All this proves is that I have a very popular imaginary friend. Loki agrees.

Familiar Smoker

Procto-Onkelos
TANRailgun
Procto-Onkelos
Oh, look, another one of these threads.
Oh look, another one of these posts.

Oh, look, a fan.
Oh look, an unoriginal ******** hack who doesn't know how to use proper punctuation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff