Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible says it took seven days to creat the earth, what if gods day is more than one of ours? it says no were in the bible how long it is, so how long do you think IT is. 1 of our days? 7? 100? even 1,000,000? tell me what you think.
God doesn't have His own personal "days". When He began creating, He began time. After that, it simply took seven days to create the rest of the world.
As long as he wants it to be. 2 Peter 3:8 clearly shows that our concept of time is not applicable with him (8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.). Clearly, as God isn't bound to the earth, the time it takes for it to revolve around it's own axis has no bearing on him.
Deep Vermillion
As long as he wants it to be. 2 Peter 3:8 clearly shows that our concept of time is not applicable with him (8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.). Clearly, as God isn't bound to the earth, the time it takes for it to revolve around it's own axis has no bearing on him.

I hope you're not saying that to God, a day is a thousand years.
Theopneustos
Deep Vermillion

That's funny, since isn't that what the Bible says in the very passage which he just quoted?

But, no, if you actually read the last sentence of his post, he clearly isn't saying that.
Theopneustos
Deep Vermillion

No, like Sinner said, I'm saying that our concept of time is meaningless to God.
Sinner
That's funny, since isn't that what the Bible says in the very passage which he just quoted?

True, that's what it does say. But sometimes, people tend to take it at face value.

Sinner
But, no, if you actually read the last sentence of his post, he clearly isn't saying that.

I've read what DV wrote...all of it. Oh well.
Theopneustos
True, that's what it does say. But sometimes, people tend to take it at face value.

Oh, yes, I can certainly see why you'd feel that taking the Bible to mean what is says is a bad thing.
Sinner
Oh, yes, I can certainly see why you'd feel that taking the Bible to mean what is says is a bad thing.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Not at all. Actually, some things should be taken literally, while others figuratively or symbolic. So, it's not a bad thing, just a misconception.
The seven days that God took to create the Earth is just an expression. The Bible doesn`t have the same use as a science text book you use at school. It is merely a book of faith, for faith, and about faith.
xx__melona
The seven days that God took to create the Earth is just an expression. The Bible doesn`t have the same use as a science text book you use at school. It is merely a book of faith, for faith, and about faith.

No, it's not. If you had faith in God you would believe what He says is true. If you believe what He says is true, you would believe Him when He says that the bible is His word, and that He does not lie. If He said He made it in seven days, It's not an expression.
It means He made it in seven days.
Blak Adder
No, it's not. If you had faith in God you would believe what He says is true. If you believe what He says is true, you would believe Him when He says that the bible is His word, and that He does not lie. If He said He made it in seven days, It's not an expression.
Yes, God (in the form of Jesus) certainly never used metaphors or parables. rolleyes
Blak Adder

I'm sorry. I can't bring myself to believe that God can't be smart enough to use metaphors and similes. I also can't believe that you are smart enough to know without doubt what God thinks, seeing as all you knwo about him is based on stories from a book you may not have even read the entirety of.
Blak Adder
xx__melona

Robin Williams
Could "let there be light." be a metaphor for the big bang?
(in the voice of a fundimentalist) "No, god just went click."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces