Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Perhaps a few of you have noticed that there are many instances in the bible where God promotes slavery. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Luke, and Colossians all show verses where God is okay with man owning his fellow man as property. In Genesis he even goes over the logistics of buying and selling slaves. He said that the Israelites may not enslave their own people, but they are allowed to go to neighboring countries and take people and keep them for life as slaves and even pass them down to their children.

Now I realize that atleast one of you jackass Christians is going to see this and say "Oh, well that's old testement, so it doesn't count. The new testement is what you should be reading." My response to that anticipated statement is this.

If God is always right and never changes, then he still promotes slavery, and the new testement was written by man, so why would you take the word of man over the word of your God? Oh and one more thing. THE TEN ******** COMMANDMENTS ARE OLD TESTEMENT! So if the old testement doesn't count then that means that you don't have to follow the ten commandments. I would absolutely love to hear whatever bullshit you're about to say to me about this because I would love nothing more than to watch you try to explain this s**t and be at a loss.

I am not a Christian, just for the record. I am an atheist; however, this argument begs the question. If the Christian God is evil, then why does He allow good to exist in the world?

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Perhaps a few of you have noticed that there are many instances in the bible where God promotes slavery. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Luke, and Colossians all show verses where God is okay with man owning his fellow man as property. In Genesis he even goes over the logistics of buying and selling slaves. He said that the Israelites may not enslave their own people, but they are allowed to go to neighboring countries and take people and keep them for life as slaves and even pass them down to their children.

Now I realize that atleast one of you jackass Christians is going to see this and say "Oh, well that's old testement, so it doesn't count. The new testement is what you should be reading." My response to that anticipated statement is this.

If God is always right and never changes, then he still promotes slavery, and the new testement was written by man, so why would you take the word of man over the word of your God? Oh and one more thing. THE TEN ******** COMMANDMENTS ARE OLD TESTEMENT! So if the old testement doesn't count then that means that you don't have to follow the ten commandments. I would absolutely love to hear whatever bullshit you're about to say to me about this because I would love nothing more than to watch you try to explain this s**t and be at a loss.

Slavery doesn't work and God proves it in the Bible through many of his people lives. Its been a mess and nightmare since Adam and Eve sinned and it's no different today when man is leading man.
The ten commandments do still count for christians. One of the apostles added to the ten, something about not wanting to overburden Gods people with all sorts of laws but he added, stay away from eating things strangled (because of the blood issue) and from fornication (well that's pretty straight forward). I think on the heals of his words in this part he said, "Good health to you."

Btw, I'm a lousy example of a christian, though I believe strongly in God and the advice warnings he gives us in the Bible.

Incredible Genius

13,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
Listen believing in god is all well and good, but what I'm stating is that the abrahamic god is not good in the bible. What my idea is is that we all have a huge misconception of god if he does exist, and that he is nothing like what we make him out to be. Maybe he doesn't know everything, maybe he isn't all powerful, maybe he isn't everywhere. Maybe god is just like us, only older and wiser. Or maybe there is no god and it's all a bunch of mythical gobbletygook to keep our minds off of the thought of death meaning everything fades to black and that's it. Who knows, but the bible is not the place where you want to look for answers because it causes a lot of problems, and nobody can deny that.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Cosmo_Shinden
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

I am not a Christian, just for the record. I am an atheist; however, this argument begs the question. If the Christian God is evil, then why does He allow good to exist in the world?

Because, you need good people's lives to ruin, for the evulz?
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

The moment you find someone spelling testement and not testament....

(Awkward...)

Anyways, God is not evil, but he allows evil. Big difference.
Cosmo_Shinden
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Isn't that a good quality question. God is good.
Blood Valkyrie
Cosmo_Shinden
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Because, you need good people's lives to ruin, for the evulz?

Not necessarily. It's because discernment is required to tell what is good, from what is evil. Without good, evil will never find the difference between evil, and the same concept as good, can never find the true concept of what's evil. In the beginning, ignorance is blissful and because of that, evil was acknowledged as another idea to understand good and evil, which was the tree of knowledge. Teehee

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Also his entire concept of sin and worship relied entirely on Adam & Eve not listening to him.

Incredible Genius

13,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
Deflesh
Also his entire concept of sin and worship relied entirely on Adam & Eve not listening to him.

Oh what a load of horse s**t. If God knows all then he knew what they were going to do before they even existed, and since apparently everything goes according to Gods plan, that kind of narrows it down for you.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The disciple_Leon Camero
Cosmo_Shinden
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Not really, unless you think genocide and slavery is good.
Blood Valkyrie
The disciple_Leon Camero
Cosmo_Shinden
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Provide evidence of this?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The disciple_Leon Camero
Blood Valkyrie
The disciple_Leon Camero
Cosmo_Shinden
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Provide evidence of this?

Noah's Ark. Genocide.
Even children know about that story.

As for slavery ...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+25%3A44-46&version=ESV

Yep. Your god promoted slavery. That is not okay.

Bible 101, dude.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces