Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dezran
Well, it's a question of faith. You cannot "prove" that God (or whoever it is that someone believes in) exists, you have to have faith. Personally, I'm not sure why I have faith in God and my religion, but it makes sense to me, and so I trust it.

its never good to not know why you believe in God, but it is good that you do believe. i believe in him because of the general revelation that everyone knows about (like us; our body systems have such an advanced and complicated way of doing things as simple as healing a small cut and having all the nerves in exactly the right places and everything else so perfectly balanced that it is impossible that it happened by accident.) and his added revelation through the bible and Christ.
AyanamiRei

If you believe your way is teh only way, and any other way leads to unpleasant stuff, naturally you don't think well of other ways.. It's not nastyness, it's concern for people who jepordize themselves by going other ways.
That explains it sometimes. I ofetn wonder though where the extrimists and crazies that preac in the streets come from that dont even bother to listen to why people feel the other way.

AyanamiRei

Sure, a few wiccans get teased or bullied or get their altars wrecked. Unpleasant, but no worse than what a kid might face for being fat or unpopular, or an immigrant.
Yup. Its never happened to me but I;m sure that there have been wiccans and pagans out there who have had that happen to them. I guess I just seem to luck out for some reason...
AyanamiRei

People who complain about being social outcastes or teased for religion... All i have to say is: Go tell the teacher or SUCK IT UP. pleanty of kids survive such teasing, though often they are teased for other reasons, you have no grounds for bitching all over GAIA because of it.
and I dont and never have. I inwardly laugh at those that have. Its one thing if they are hsrading the story and have a point to it, but its another to just complain about it to try and get attention or to look for compassion.

Its worse when they say that in ED its the only "safe place they have" for doing so. I wouldnt Say that ED is a safe place for that any more. Probabaly never was in my thoughts.

Now I dont mind if it has to do with a topic at hand like discussing how to deal with people that confront you for your belifs and the like, but it doenst mean that it belongs all iver the place like you said.

Thats what the journals are for.

Rei, I just heart talking to you. I get so much satisfaction as your posts lead me to see an understanding of your views on life and religion and other things.
Shinji-Katawane
AyanamiRei

If you believe your way is teh only way, and any other way leads to unpleasant stuff, naturally you don't think well of other ways.. It's not nastyness, it's concern for people who jepordize themselves by going other ways.
That explains it sometimes. I ofetn wonder though where the extrimists and crazies that preac in the streets come from that dont even bother to listen to why people feel the other way.

AyanamiRei

Sure, a few wiccans get teased or bullied or get their altars wrecked. Unpleasant, but no worse than what a kid might face for being fat or unpopular, or an immigrant.
Yup. Its never happened to me but I;m sure that there have been wiccans and pagans out there who have had that happen to them. I guess I just seem to luck out for some reason...
AyanamiRei

People who complain about being social outcastes or teased for religion... All i have to say is: Go tell the teacher or SUCK IT UP. pleanty of kids survive such teasing, though often they are teased for other reasons, you have no grounds for bitching all over GAIA because of it.
and I dont and never have. I inwardly laugh at those that have. Its one thing if they are hsrading the story and have a point to it, but its another to just complain about it to try and get attention or to look for compassion.

Its worse when they say that in ED its the only "safe place they have" for doing so. I wouldnt Say that ED is a safe place for that any more. Probabaly never was in my thoughts.

Now I dont mind if it has to do with a topic at hand like discussing how to deal with people that confront you for your belifs and the like, but it doenst mean that it belongs all iver the place like you said.

Rei, I just heart talking to you. I get so much satisfaction as your posts lead me to see an understanding of your views on life and religion and other things.

heart you too. you're the only regular wiccan poster who i see real fath in, and whom I can well respect.
AyanamiRei
Shinji-Katawane
AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

heart you too. you're the only regular wiccan poster who i see real fath in, and whom I can well respect.
A-lot of that has to deal with me learning the truth on my own recently and by the truth I mean the history and what Wiccas really is. Though I do think its kinda sad that the medium that got my attention was a messgae board via Nuri and Deo.
Shinji-Katawane
AyanamiRei
Shinji-Katawane
AyanamiRei

A-lot of that has to deal with me learning the truth on my own recently and by the truth I mean the history and what Wiccas really is. Though I do think its kinda sad that the medium that got my attention was a messgae board via Nuri and Deo.

*Shrug* That's life. I'm just glad you're here where you are now. wink

Educations is imprtant in trully following your religion, and i hope that Gaia will also help others get their lives and paths in order.

but now i'm off. G'night
Dezran
Well, it's a question of faith. You cannot "prove" that God (or whoever it is that someone believes in) exists, you have to have faith. Personally, I'm not sure why I have faith in God and my religion, but it makes sense to me, and so I trust it.
Dezran faith is a wonderful thing. Real faith that is genuine and trully believes in what you believe in is rare. Treasure it.

You should meditate to figure out why you believe what you do. I dont have my full set of belifs established yet and I dont know if I ever will. I am constantly learning new things in my pagan faiths.

What I dont understand or I'm not clear about I question and discuss with others that are likeminded or just want to discuss it. So thats an important thing about my spiriotuality.
I know that what I believe in is correct because I've seen proof of it.
AyanamiRei

*Shrug* That's life. I'm just glad you're here where you are now. wink
Yup. I am. I got hete through another message board believe it or not.

AyanamiRei
Educations is imprtant in trully following your religion, and i hope that Gaia will also help others get their lives and paths in order.
Maybe. I've seen otheres learn the truth and chnage thier views. I think that as long as they are willing to keep and open mind to how every one believes and their views on their religions that Gaia can be a useful tool.

AyanamiRei
but now i'm off. G'night
Latter.
kitcricket
What proof do you have of your faith that others might not have? I have faith my self. The real question is how can you tell when people have egnuine faith in their religion and when they are just putting on a mask.

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
The thing is that you can't really know what a person has faith in. Words are misleading, and actions can be as well. In the Bible it says something similar to the fact that you will know a true Christian by his fruits, his actions as a Christian are supposed to proclaim the love of Jesus that he has. This is all well and good, but sometimes, people fake it. People pretend to be what they are not all the time.

My point, I suppose, is this. Why does it really matter what another person has faith in? I believe that faith creates your reality. You have faith that your religion is the only one that counts, than for you, it's the only one that counts. You see? *shrugs* I don't think it matters what the world around you believes in, but what you yourself believe in.
SlaineWildfire
The thing is that you can't really know what a person has faith in. Words are misleading, and actions can be as well. In the Bible it says something similar to the fact that you will know a true Christian by his fruits, his actions as a Christian are supposed to proclaim the love of Jesus that he has. This is all well and good, but sometimes, people fake it. People pretend to be what they are not all the time.
Thats the real sad thing isnst it? That people pretend to be something that they are not. I dont really understand it. Words shouldnt be misleading and neither should be actions. Its not right. Its like they are wearing a mask.

OT:My dorm roo smells like friutloops.. stare

SlaineWildfire
My point, I suppose, is this. Why does it really matter what another person has faith in? I believe that faith creates your reality. You have faith that your religion is the only one that counts, than for you, it's the only one that counts. You see? *shrugs* I don't think it matters what the world around you believes in, but what you yourself believe in.
It doesnt matter what a person has faith in or believes in. The problem lies with in the fact that people that dont have a real faith or a real beif. It should only count to your self, but when you fake it and talk to others about it your only hurting them and your self by not being truthfull.

At least thats my take on this topic.
I guess in the big look of things faith no matter how you look at it is still faith in some way or another. But does this mean that the faith is 100% genuine? I dont know. maybe I've been thinkin to much, or maybe I just need to get away from gaia for a bit. Either way its something thats been on my mind.
It's not always easy to tell if someone is being genuine or not. From my experience, someone who is having issues with their faith are usually the loudest people in the church. You get people who practically scream out YES I'M DOING GOD'S WORK by running groups, organizing events and what not, because they feel the need to reassure everyone that yes, they are good Christians (or whatever religion they're a part of)

Some of the most genuine people I've seen are very quiet about their good deeds. It doesn't matter if the entire congregation sees what they're doing. The people that visit the sick in hospitals or sit down and repair torn choir robes... that's dedication to one's faith.

Someone who is secure in their beliefs does not need to validate themselves by making sure that everyone is aware they are doing good deeds. If your god knows, that is good enough. I just noticed it as a trend when I used to attend church. Feel free to debate me on this one, but I think it holds true for a lot of people.
SleepyKelvina
It's not always easy to tell if someone is being genuine or not. From my experience, someone who is having issues with their faith are usually the loudest people in the church. You get people who practically scream out YES I'M DOING GOD'S WORK by running groups, organizing events and what not, because they feel the need to reassure everyone that yes, they are good Christians (or whatever religion they're a part of)

Some of the most genuine people I've seen are very quiet about their good deeds. It doesn't matter if the entire congregation sees what they're doing. The people that visit the sick in hospitals or sit down and repair torn choir robes... that's dedication to one's faith.

Someone who is secure in their beliefs does not need to validate themselves by making sure that everyone is aware they are doing good deeds. If your god knows, that is good enough. I just noticed it as a trend when I used to attend church. Feel free to debate me on this one, but I think it holds true for a lot of people.
I agree with you on many of those points. There is nothing wrong ith discussing them if some one asks, but you dont need to brag.
kitcricket

Funny, so did Son of Sam. And Charles Manson.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff