Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
That which is unattainable is often granted unreasonable amounts of power.

When looking up before space travel, it's comprehensible that there was some mystery to that which could not be reached.

You could say it was fear or hope for the answer to an unanswered question that makes people give the unknown more power than it truly holds, but not many agree with that view who still believe.
stealthmongoose

When looking up before space travel, it's comprehensible that there was some mystery to that which could not be reached.

You could say it was fear or hope for the answer to an unanswered question that makes people give the unknown more power than it truly holds, but not many agree with that view who still believe.

Lots of things are unattainable, not just heights.

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
I Refute Berkeley Thus
stealthmongoose

Lots of things are unattainable, not just heights.

I can say lots of things were unattainable, but much has been gained since that time. The Sun is no longer God, neither is Lightning, the Wind, Tsunamis, or Fire.

Despite our knowledge of these things, some will insist otherwise. This is why the realm of the divine is often reconciled with the unknown, especially concerning the afterlife and the unperceived or incompletely studied. It is until we perceive these things that theists seem to attribute a sacred and untouchable nature to it.

I assert that this is counterproductive to the furthering of our development and that of our environment as well, as perceiving the unknown and unattainable as that which is forever lost and sacred against our comprehension is a farce. This, however, is just a view that i share with others who have seen much of what operates within our environment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff