Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  hell

do you believe in hell? why? what kind?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on February 27, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I guess that's where the Catholic belief comes from.

Christians tend to think there is no coming back from Hell, though.

I'd like to hear those passages when you've got the time.
Fiddlers Green
Axioma
Because being away from an omnipresent God makes sense.

eek my mind...it just broke....

Good point tho, unless the omnipresent has limits (which would make it non-omni).... of course this is the same problem with reconciling Omniscience and free will (if anything already knows everything, then doesn't that mean decisions have already been set in stone, otherwise it would ruin the omni for that title too....).
the omniscince can mean that he knows all the choices that every person can make and what the outcomes will be, and a person just has to make that choice, but the person makes every possable choice because there are that many realities each one branching off when a choice can be made.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Silina
Fiddlers Green
Axioma
Because being away from an omnipresent God makes sense.

eek my mind...it just broke....

Good point tho, unless the omnipresent has limits (which would make it non-omni).... of course this is the same problem with reconciling Omniscience and free will (if anything already knows everything, then doesn't that mean decisions have already been set in stone, otherwise it would ruin the omni for that title too....).
the omniscince can mean that he knows all the choices that every person can make and what the outcomes will be, and a person just has to make that choice, but the person makes every possable choice because there are that many realities each one branching off when a choice can be made.

Yes, but they're talking about omnipresent, not omnipotent. Omnipresent means being present in all places, not knowing all things.
well i was thinking, if "god loves you" even if you have comitted a sin then why would there be a hell??
To the 'our best is not enough' statement, that is true, we can never be purfect by ourselves but by puting your faith in Christ it dosn't matter, he washes away your inperfection and makes you perfect for God. Nomatter how good a person is they will not be able to go to heaven unless they accept Christ as their savior, and have faith that that is all they need.
2 Thessalonians 1:9 to the one with the broken mind. "They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power."
Ah, hell, another of Bible's contradictions.

Seriously, if I were christian, I would rather trust words of Jesus who spoke "...until returns everything" than some apostole, who was merely his follower.
Well I'm athiest in the first place, but if I did beleive in god I would not beleive in heaven or hell. Every person has a different idea of what those two things would be, and if god made heaven and hell he would be extremely illogical, and would not know anything about the humans he "created".
lets just say im looking forward to it if it even exists
thisisalex12345

You're looking forward to isolation?
AyanamiRei
thisisalex12345

You're looking forward to isolation?

maybe out of intellectual curiosity?

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Hell's more of a state of mind then being. Think about it. When you die, you realize how stupid you were in life and feel misrible(sp). Therefore you're in "hell". Pretty simple.
This is probably out of tangent of what is currently being talked about at the moment, but after taking a religions and history courses i have learned that people look for an after life.They want to know what is to become of them when they die and if they learn that there is no after life, they become focused on living till their life's extension and not putting any faith into it, but if they learn that beleiving in a certian diety will allow them to live beyond their physical form then they will stick to that faith.
I believe it may just be a natural thing for people to want to be able to live forever and that just be why in the survey that more people believe in a heaven than God.
Okay frankly I dont care if you say what I say is weird....But I dont believe in hell. You know 'ghosts' I dont care if you believe in them or not, but I 'think' remember I 'think'. If you die, you can go to heaven, or you can go to hell. The hell I'm talking about has nothing to do with fire and brimstone. I'm talking about you die, you dont go to heave, and you come back to earth as a ghost to wonder around forever. Cause if you think about it, earth might as well have a label on it that says 'hell' I mean, look at all the horrible things that have happened in the past, and think of what could happen in the future. Know I know your probable going to say something like 'well look at all the good things as well' and then I could say 'yeah well for every good thing you pick out, i can name two bad things.' I dont care if you dont believe in what I'm saying, I just want some not rude half a** opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff