Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ever since the begining of time, almost every culture has had different gods. The Native Americans: Kitchimanitou (sp?)/ Manitou The Egyptians: Anubis and Isis, just to name a few. And now, the Lord. God. Whatever. Does anyone see my point as this god is just a passing phase, and 1000 years from now, people will be looking at us in the history books and reading about this God person that people worshiped, just like the egyptians and the romans and everyone.
Ryu Takeshi
Ever since the begining of time, almost every culture has had different gods. The Native Americans: Kitchimanitou (sp?)/ Manitou The Egyptians: Anubis and Isis, just to name a few. And now, the Lord. God. Whatever. Does anyone see my point as this god is just a passing phase, and 1000 years from now, people will be looking at us in the history books and reading about this God person that people worshiped, just like the egyptians and the romans and everyone.
You are ignoring the fact the Egyptian, Romn, Native American, etc. gods are still worshipped.
By whom? Yes, I suppose the natives' gods are still worshiped.
Ryu Takeshi
By whom? Yes, I suppose the natives' gods are still worshiped.
Never heard of Neo-paganism? The majority of neo-pagan religions worship those gods. Astruar worship Norse gods. Hellenic Recons worship Greek gods. Etc etc.
yeah, who am I worshipping, if not the Gods of Hellas?
Yes, but Christians say those people are silly for believing in those gods, and vice-versa for the Neo-Paganists.
Ryu Takeshi
Yes, but Christians say those people are silly for believing in those gods, and vice-versa for the Neo-Paganists.
Christians, sure alot of them do. Your point? As for pagans most of them seem to accept there are other gods.

It seems your post would imply that since the Hindu gods have been worshipped the longest they are the correct ones. rolleyes
Ryu Takeshi

And why do they say that? It's built into their religion to dismiss any other Gods or Goddesses. But not all members of either of these religions show such disrespect to other faiths. And of course the agnostic says belief in any sort of divine thing is silly. That doesn't make it silly. Tis just an opinion, ne?

I seriously doubt if Christianity is going to loose its hold upon the population. No religion that goes out and actively converts people is going to die out in our lifetime. It's those that don't actively convert that may die out.
Exactly. Everyone has different ideas concerning "higher powers."

And you seem to think of a philosophy that's existed for thousands of years and spread across the globe as a passing phase.
Starlock
Ryu Takeshi

And why do they say that? It's built into their religion to dismiss any other Gods or Goddesses. But not all members of either of these religions show such disrespect to other faiths. And of course the agnostic says belief in any sort of divine thing is silly. That doesn't make it silly. Tis just an opinion, ne?

I seriously doubt if Christianity is going to loose its hold upon the population. No religion that goes out and actively converts people is going to die out in our lifetime. It's those that don't actively convert that may die out.

Agnostic means neither believing or disbelieving. Atheism is active disbelief. And Islam doesn't actively convert people, and it's the second largest religion in the world.
Why is it, every time it's a thread entitled "ZOMGZ DID J00 THNIK 'BOUT THIS?/// ROFLOLMAO" or an equally as vague topic, it's pretty much trash that we've all come across, and thought to be terribly absurd.

I am just at my wit's end with ED trash threads. domokun
von Dubyacrunch
And Islam doesn't actively convert people, and it's the largest religion in the world.

Oh really? Now where are you getting these statistics from? Here's several sites that would disagree with you:

Site 1
Site 2
Site 3

So yeah... I'm really wondering where you got the Idea that Islam is the largest religion in the world... sweatdrop
Starlock
von Dubyacrunch
And Islam doesn't actively convert people, and it's the largest religion in the world.

Oh really? Now where are you getting these statistics from? Here's several sites that would disagree with you:

Site 1
Site 2
Site 3

So yeah... I'm really wondering where you got the Idea that Islam is the largest religion in the world... sweatdrop

Second largest, it was a typo that I corrected just before your post. Sorry for the confusion.
von Dubyacrunch

Second largest, it was a typo that I corrected just before your post. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahh, it's okay. Me using agnostic instead of athiest was a dumb mistake too... hehe. But new surveys are done all the time, so I was curious if they had changed from these ones.
Starlock
von Dubyacrunch

Ahh, it's okay. Me using agnostic instead of athiest was a dumb mistake too... hehe. But new surveys are done all the time, so I was curious if they had changed from these ones.

Two things I'm curious about; you don't have to answer if you don't want to.
One, what is your religion/belief/cult/delusion? Just wondering.
Two, you said "ne?" earlier. Do you know what it means? I see people use it a lot and no one seems to know the definition or where it's from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff