Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Greenday has bad morals?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on February 5, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 >

Does the band Greenday have bad morals? My parents (who are overly controlling morons) won't let me buy their CD American Idiot because of the songs.
InuCheyenne
Does the band Greenday have bad morals? My parents (who are overly controlling morons) won't let me buy their CD American Idiot because of the songs.

Tell your parents to burn in hell. Green Day are awesome.
I would say no, and your parents are being overly restrictive/opressive.
A good way to fix your parents controllingness would probably be to tell them (bonus points if it's true) that you have multiple ******** buddies of both genders. Also say you worship some god with a funny sounding name, and you sacrifice small furry creatures to it. Then wanting a Green Day CD will sound tame biggrin

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
InuCheyenne

There's nothing wrong with Green Day's morals. I have their new CD, and I've listened quite a bit to it (its quickly becoming one of my favorites) and I have to tell you there isn't anything immoral about Green Day as far as their lyrics go that I can off handily point out.

What specific moral dilemnas do your parents have with the band. Is it the first song "American Idiot"? Do they feel that the band is being unpartiotic, which many feel is morally wrong. Are they conservative people who think that Green Day's life style is immoral and there for you shouldn't support it by buying a CD? I mean what exactly are their qualms? If you knew them, then I bet you could agrue them accurately enough to get yourself a CD... and even if you didn't get your CD, you would know your agruement held water while their's didnt. Being right is almost worth it, even if the people who are wrong have power over you.
Kalista Fick
A good way to fix your parents controllingness would probably be to tell them (bonus points if it's true) that you have multiple ******** buddies of both genders. Also say you worship some god with a funny sounding name, and you sacrifice small furry creatures to it. Then wanting a Green Day CD will sound tame biggrin

My dad would beat me.
InuCheyenne
Kalista Fick

My dad would beat me.

Damn... that's ******** up.
No, they don't. But frankly, that's too bad for you. Your parents feed you, they clothe you, they buy you s**t. Don't complain.

It is a great album though. Kinda sad. But still.
InuCheyenne
Kalista Fick

My dad would beat me.

If your father beats you, the last thing you should be worrying about is a freaking CD.
Triste Morningstar
InuCheyenne
Kalista Fick

My dad would beat me.

If your father beats you, the last thing you should be worrying about is a freaking CD.

Meh, the CD must be the current issue. Which she could get beaten over, ya know?
Kalista Fick
Triste Morningstar
InuCheyenne
Kalista Fick

My dad would beat me.

Meh, the CD must be the current issue. Which she could get beaten over, ya know?

If she could get beaten over it, it would be a really, really good idea to shut up about it. Just let it go. You'll survive somehow without the CD.
I'm getting the CD for my birthday (the 15th of this month), when I get it I could send you the songs over the internet. I dunno if your parents check your computer, but if I can help then I'd love to smile
Kalista Fick
I'm getting the CD for my birthday (the 15th of this month), when I get it I could send you the songs over the internet. I dunno if your parents check your computer, but if I can help then I'd love to smile

Dude, she could get beaten over it. Is it really worth the risk?

Just live without it. It's not a big deal.
Triste Morningstar
Kalista Fick
Triste Morningstar
InuCheyenne
Kalista Fick

My dad would beat me.

If she could get beaten over it, it would be a really, really good idea to shut up about it. Just let it go. You'll survive somehow without the CD.

Yeah, good point. But people's parents shouldn't dictate what they can or cannot listen to.
Kalista Fick
Triste Morningstar
Kalista Fick
Triste Morningstar
InuCheyenne
Kalista Fick

My dad would beat me.

Yeah, good point. But people's parents shouldn't dictate what they can or cannot listen to.

Whether or not they shouldn't, they can, and they are. If you're a girl living with abusive parents, going behind their backs just to get a CD isn't a great idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff