Welcome to Gaia! ::

denkosensei
Entropy is essentially the decay of the universe through lost energy in any kind of energy transformation. Basically, every time you do ANYTHING, even breath, you move the Universe closer to a literal universal meltdown.

In regards to the first post, I find your idea very interesting. Certainly logical. I like it! xd Heh. Personally, I believe the circular time theory, which is very similar to the scenario you discribed, Rachael.

Wow, don't I feel special. I had no idea I was that powerful. xd

So what is circular time theory, exactly? Does that mean the exact same thing happens over and over again? Even our lives? Exactly the way it is? Like, eventually I'll be typing this message again?

How boring. neutral

Familiar Citizen

I read the first post and i just have this to say. It is a good theory and very logical at that. I don't think you should fear death though, and yes I know most people do it is a natural thing. But I do not see how you can say everything you did and still be afraid. If you believe in life after death then you should believe it and try not to question it, it will give you much more comfort that way. And in that little bout of scientific theory there, Then either way this life isn't the end. I must express my joy at hearing your love of life, I feel the same way. My words here were not meant to be bashing on you or anything, I just find myself confused a little.

I just want you to say that you should believe in whatever theories you may have and leave it at that. The embrace of death cannot be so cold if you believe it is not the end. I'm sorry if i sound like I'm criticising your fear, for a long time I felt the same. But I have come to a new belief and I feel more comforted now. I still worry from time to time, not for myself mind but for other people, but I'm jsut a worrier by nature i guess. I don't know what I am trying to say. I'm sorry I had a point to this but I guess i lost it in my rambling.

*Hugs* I just don't like seeing someone so obviously intellegent to feel such a way. Just remember that this is not the end, you said yourself you believe so, so take comfort in that fact. And depend on it more. Let it ease your doubt and confusion. And everything will be okay. ^_^
Awww... *hugs back* Don't worry about me. I don't spend my life fearing death. It's just a feeling, every now and then. And if, like, I were in a car and it spun out, yes, I would be afraid.

But other than that, I'm a very happy person.

Familiar Citizen

Little Rachael
Awww... *hugs back* Don't worry about me. I don't spend my life fearing death. It's just a feeling, every now and then. And if, like, I were in a car and it spun out, yes, I would be afraid.

But other than that, I'm a very happy person.

aw that's good^_^ Like I said I'm a worrier by nature....I figured it was just a chance thing but still. Thought I should say something!

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
Good for you. Personally I believe in reincarnation myself, and that's what I find comfort in. That, and chocolate.

Mmmm...chocolate........

Familiar Citizen

Skasha
Good for you. Personally I believe in reincarnation myself, and that's what I find comfort in. That, and chocolate.

Mmmm...chocolate........

Chocolateness is just below Godliness!
I am not afraid of dying, cuz i do also believe in reincarnation, but I have always thought if after i die, there is no life after death, there is nothing , you just die...And that is the scary part for me...
Lots of people say they're not afraid to die...I don't think that's true. I think everyone's afraid to die at some point in their life, to some extent. Anyone who says otherwise is either brave, stupid, or lying.

Wheezing Gekko

Hey there Little Rachael. Long time no see.
Death doesn't scare me life does. i believe there is something after death. But I commend myself to the mercy of their being a higherpower with grace and love for broken souls.
Vryko Lakas
Hey there Little Rachael. Long time no see.

Thanks. xp Now tell me what you think of my theory.

I think it's the most scientific thing I've thought up...which is pretty pathetic, if you ask me. sweatdrop
I don't fear death because I know it's inevitable.

Death, and the emergence of new things, is exactly what change is. Everything changes. One day, there will be no more humans. But maybe, different intelligences will descend from humanity.

The Andromeda galaxy will collide with ours in three billion years. Will any people survive that? I am skeptical.
Thanks for this post Little Rachael; I personally believe in life after death, but I don't think that such an idea is necessary for life to be beautiful and worth living. It's important to not let a belief in an afterlife become a crutch. It's also a wonderful thing to become comfortable with the idea of death apart from a conviction that an afterlife exists.
One man's opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces