Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyone in my home town of Sochoczew, Poland knows about this wonderful church that my family and I have gone too all my life. I've been an open gay since 2009, and everybody in my church knows.... They still give me warm welcomes, and sang happy birthday for me this past year October 17th.....that's how a church should be. =)

I wanted to share that, that's been on my mind recently....

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
God doesn't love or hate anyone, it is other people that do.
You shouldn't need a church though.
I tried, and it just was never for me, but that doesn't stop my spirituality.
But the fact that you do have a place to go to that is totally welcoming and accepting is great.
To me, a church that doesn't welcome everyone seeking what it has to offer is not worth much.
Kelso The Great
But the fact that you do have a place to go to that is totally welcoming and accepting is great.
To me, a church that doesn't welcome everyone seeking what it has to offer is not worth much.

Yeah! I'm not a "Jesus Freak" I go to church every Sunday and do my thing. I was raised Roman Catholic like my parents, and their parents before them. I pray from time to time but I'm not making a preaching career any time soon, hahaha. I'm very spiritual though, my daddy was and still is a hippy at heart. A hash loving, tree hugging, granola munching hippy strait from the mud pit of Woodstock. LOL. So he raised me very free spirited and fun loving with a taste for music I wouldn't trade anything for! Church to me is really just a safe place for free thought and free care....though I could feel that most places, it also provides me with a iota of faith that everything will always be alright....=)

Hey! Thanks for commenting, I was worried my post would go unnoticed! I put "God's Gays" as the title obviously, I can't believe that wasn't a race to the link kinda attention grabber. XD

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Area 25
Kelso The Great

Yeah! I'm not a "Jesus Freak" I go to church every Sunday and do my thing. I was raised Roman Catholic like my parents, and their parents before them. I pray from time to time but I'm not making a preaching career any time soon, hahaha. I'm very spiritual though, my daddy was and still is a hippy at heart. A hash loving, tree hugging, granola munching hippy strait from the mud pit of Woodstock. LOL. So he raised me very free spirited and fun loving with a taste for music I wouldn't trade anything for! Church to me is really just a safe place for free thought and free care....though I could feel that most places, it also provides me with a iota of faith that everything will always be alright....=)

Hey! Thanks for commenting, I was worried my post would go unnoticed! I put "God's Gays" as the title obviously, I can't believe that wasn't a race to the link kinda attention grabber. XD

Lol "Jesus Freak" I have always just been a freak.
My youth left my with psychological scars in a way that I always felt an outcast in a world of outcasts. I just keep a very unique look at the world, very objectively and from an outside perspective. I have the most unrealistic quest to know everything, but I know it is impossible. But in that I have learned so much about religion and morality and knowledge. "God" as you think you know it is not even what we can even begin to fathom. Hinduism has a very good grasp on it, with all their dieties. But Brahma is "the unchanging reality amidst and beyond the world" according to google... But he is creation and life personified as one entity. He is both artist and the art, they are one in the same and inseparable. The way I see it, "god's plan" has plenty of room for evil. It just depends how it manifests within us. I was just talking with a friend earlier about Faust, and some of the deeper religious connotations and impacts it uses. The Satanic figure of Mephistopheles and the possibility of him being homosexual and even effeminate qualities.
And then I was reading This Article from the Rolling Stone about a school's policy that allowed harassment of gay students and even some students who weren't gay, because of a neutrality policy forced upon the teachers, and many parent's anti-gay religious sentiments. These attitudes still prevail much of American Society, especially considering that less than a generation ago, gay hate crimes were still being overlooked by authorities. I had a great uncle who was murdered for being gay, his killers were never found, this must have left such a great impact on my grandmother, because she taught my father to be accepting of all people of all religions and colors. For the sake of social progress, all people have the same universal rights, the same fundamental rights that govern the universe at large. The right to live, love, and be happy however they see fit, it is up to them to live their lives. They will deal with whatever comes of it.
As much of Christianity as you have studied, there are so many other and older religions out there. And If you are one of those that believe that there is one true God, well you are right in a sense, but he is also comprised of all gods, all people, all stars, all galaxies, on such a scale we cannot comprehend, do you really think he cares enough to toy with humanity the way it is in the bible? Ha no. "God" is passive to our struggles. And if you believe that anyone who doesn't believe in your god is lesser than you, then I cannot help you.

I try to reply to all friends topics that seem relevant to my interests. I am much better with threads usually than private messages. I am an odd bird. But otherwise I don't imagine that this forum gets a lot of traffic, come to think of it I don't think I have ever entered here. And this is a topic I always blather on about. Usually to other friends and in my CB thread THE APOCALYSE PARTY! where I like to talk about the fundamentals of creation and destruction. but I don't get much action on that front.

Ghost Trader

Firstly, I'd like to say thank-you to Kelso. I was absorbed in reading your last message, truly, I admire your perspective on the world and more so, religion!

As for your original post (and of course, this thread!) , Area 25, I find it utterly remarkable that you've stayed faithful, even with the mass amount of pressure from religion (due to the views of the leaders dominant predecessors...), and kudos to your church! I agree, that is how a church should be.You a true asset to the church, but more so, to the Earth! smile

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Now if only we could edit the Bible to reflect what Kelso the Great's church believes in.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm glad they're treating you kindly

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
On the one hand I'm glad you found a place that accepts you.
On the other hand, I think that gay people who accept Christianity really need to actually study more.

I remember someone once said that while he loves the gay accepting Christians, they don't have biblical texts to support their behavior, and the Westboro Baptist Church has more biblical evidence to act the way they do than a lot of normal Christians.

I don't know about the bible enough to say that, exactly, but I do know enough to say I'm staying the ******** away from Christianity.
stealthmongoose
Now if only we could edit the Bible to reflect what Kelso the Great's church believes in.
That'd just make everyone believe end of the world prophecies even more lol if it worked globally. Then imagine, though it won't happen, but imagine the religion gets entirely transformed into a peaceful and ideal one, then one day the actual abrahamic god shows up and is like. 'DUDE YOU ALL GOIN TO HELL' xd

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
stealthmongoose
We could. Jefferson edited the Bible omitting Revelation (he thought it was the ravings of a maniac and was glad a scholar found that it might not have been written by John the apostle but someone else much later) and all the miraculous bits. Martin Luther tried to throw out several books of the New Testament his followers kept in and he succeeded in throwing out some others. If we edit the Bible let's throw out Revelation first. It barely made it into the New Testament, has been questioned by bible scholars and theologians throughout history and is the one with the "don't edit or remove anything or god will hurt you" part which really only applied to it. If we throw it out unaltered then we can continue with the editing process with no qualms.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
AliKat1988
stealthmongoose
We could. Jefferson edited the Bible omitting Revelation (he thought it was the ravings of a maniac and was glad a scholar found that it might not have been written by John the apostle but someone else much later) and all the miraculous bits. Martin Luther tried to throw out several books of the New Testament his followers kept in and he succeeded in throwing out some others. If we edit the Bible let's throw out Revelation first. It barely made it into the New Testament, has been questioned by bible scholars and theologians throughout history and is the one with the "don't edit or remove anything or god will hurt you" part which really only applied to it. If we throw it out unaltered then we can continue with the editing process with no qualms.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
stealthmongoose
AliKat1988
stealthmongoose

But I just want to do what Martin Luther and Thomas Jefferson did. They are very admirable people. Christians already cherry-pick the bible plenty. It is why they don't cook the bread Ezekiel 4:9 properly or admit it was part of a bizarre protest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff