Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

is anything possible?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on February 4, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

I think because of the bery omnipotent nature of God, that anything is possible. That's one of the facets of being God, you can do anything, unless it contradicts your own nature, like doing evil or committing sin.
i do believe God can do anything if u ask it of him in faith. i always find myself asking him for help with my friends, with my family and stuff. but rarely thanking him and praising him for all the stuff he's done for me and for everyone. but yeah, i believe God cna do anything, and he does naswer al l prayers, just sometimes not in the way we eect. i know that cnat be TOO reassuring, but it is to me.,..i dunno
light_76
what if your ability was unnatural? and it was from Him. would you except it?

The gifts He gives us are in a way unnatural. The are talents in this world but they are to be used for something greater, in the spiritual realm.
Fiddlers Green
LostinLiving
Fiddlers Green
LostinLiving
God has given my no gifts in the "holy spirt"form or whatever...I asked him to help me be strong with my father dying then my mother....I got no comfort nothing...I was still slone doing it by my self

Did you endure? Somtimes it is harsh but, if you have the strength within you, then your prayer was granted, whether thru outside interferance or the will of your own soul.

No I havent.....It has been7 years since my dad 3 since my mom and it is no easier than the day before.....I hold it to be strong for my sister.......and cry in the dark alone it was not granted

I'm sorry, I may not have propperly worded that. The pain probably won't go away, even if time does take some of the bite out, which it may not. Sounds like you've had to keep this pretty much bottled up, and I know that's not good.... For all the applause I may give you for being there for your sister, that doesn't address the real issue. I don't think I'll be able to give you a satisfactory answer right now, other than you have done very well to make it this far, and don't forget your friends or other family. You can't be there for someone all the time, if no ones there for you....

What I'm perceiving this as is that you are not letting Him help you. If you decide to stay mad at Him and hold it against Him He cannot help you. Do you believe with all your heart when you pray that he will help you? If you don't then why do you pray? Also He has His own time of doing things. What you want right now may come much later.
Gabbers_squirrel
i do believe God can do anything if u ask it of him in faith. i always find myself asking him for help with my friends, with my family and stuff. but rarely thanking him and praising him for all the stuff he's done for me and for everyone. but yeah, i believe God cna do anything, and he does naswer al l prayers, just sometimes not in the way we eect. i know that cnat be TOO reassuring, but it is to me.,..i dunno

You cannot forget to thank Him and praise Him for all he does for you. It's very important that you do, otherwise he will think that you are ungreatful.
Agh, no, don't preach the wrong stuff. If it is in accordance with God's will then He will grant it. I mean, He wouldn't just give you a million dollars just because you want it.
Glug
Agh, no, don't preach the wrong stuff. If it is in accordance with God's will then He will grant it. I mean, He wouldn't just give you a million dollars just because you want it.

Um duh. Sometimes though if you keep asking although you know it's contrary to His will, He will give it to you anyway just ot teach you a lesson: to be careful what you ask for. I've been there myself once or twice.
light_76
What kind of gifts do you think that God gives us. Could they be anything? It seems as if with enough faith in God anything is possible.
Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you,whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have recieved it, and it will be yours.

ha ha ha
no it has to be for a justifiable reason as well.
This may not sound profound but I believe that I have received God's gifts in the form of my parents, my brother, my extended family, mynew baby cousin, my fiance.

I consider myself very happy and fortunate.
Westonian
I think that God gifts us with random proselytization threads.

I think that God gifts those threads with unnaturally long lifespans, and endurance for suffering beyond belief.
he will only give us things that we don't want out of selfishness. selfishness is praktikally the biggest hinderance to prayer. so yeah. he's not gonna give you a 2005 mustang just 'cause you pray for it. so yeah.
I believe the One True God is a good on impossiblities that there is nothing that he can not over power. To have true Faith, and to truely believe that it is God's will for it to happen then it will. God gave us two wonderful gifts to aid us in this, 1) Jesus Christ 2) the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit says speaks these words one should listen and do as asked and the Pray and desire will come to pass or into being. Jesus died and rose again giving us the ability to be free from sins, and to do deeds the even exceed his own.

John 15: 1-8

The Vine and the Branches

1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
t0paz
Gabbers_squirrel

You cannot forget to thank Him and praise Him for all he does for you. It's very important that you do, otherwise he will think that you are ungreatful.

nah...not ungrateful, God wouldnt thinmk that ^___^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces