Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you get treated unfairly because of religion?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 7, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Authorities meaning cops... Anywho, my friend told me something that upset myself and my sister very much. A cop, in Utah, gave my friends aunt a ticket and sent her to jail for the night. Reason? Well, a man hit her car, which made her hit the nearest telephone pole. Now, both came out all right, but the cop gave her aunt the ticket because she wasn't mormon. Now, I care because we're moving to Overton, which is basicly 'mormonville' in a few months. My sister's a goth and I don't belive in god. My question is, do you think we'd be treated unfairly because of our religion? And, have you ever been treated unfairly because of your religion? I apologize if I seem out of line. This just made me angry...
... Why the [********] did the cop know what religion you were?

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Triste Morningstar
From what I understand, he asked... stare
That's bullshit. I am so calling bullshit on this. There is no law in this country whatsoever that says that it's illegal to not be a given religion, which would be the only way he could give her a ticket. It violates the first amemdment and there is simply no such law on the books anywhere. You are making s**t up, so just stop now.
Triste Morningstar

Seconded.

Furthermore, why doesn't your aunt press charges against the police officer then? Maybe talk to the Chief of Police? Or maybe someone is feeding you (or us) a complete load of bullshit. Maybe your aunt was the one who caused the accident, and preferred to make the cop out to be a "bad guy" instead of sucking it up and admitting she was wrong?

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Chibi Suzaku Kitsune
Triste Morningstar

wtf... why WOULD he ask? he has no legal reason to ask in the first place, and if he discriminates based on religion he could get in deep s**t (contact a friggin' lawyer, sue his a** off for religious discrimination!).
Chibi Suzaku Kitsune
Triste Morningstar

No. I don't think he can legally ask, can he? And even if he can, A) why the ******** would he, and B) why the hell did she answer?

Anyway, your aunt probably lied so she wouldn't look like the bad guy.
Triste Morningstar
No. I don't think he can legally ask, can he? And even if he can, A) why the ******** would he, and B) why the hell did she answer?

It's bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Someone here is just shoveling it on. I don't know if it's the OP or her aunt but someone is just pulling this out of their a**.

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Bacodus
Triste Morningstar

Seconded.

Furthermore, why doesn't your aunt press charges against the police officer then? Maybe talk to the Chief of Police? Or maybe someone is feeding you (or us) a complete load of bullshit. Maybe your aunt was the one who caused the accident, and preferred to make the cop out to be a "bad guy" instead of sucking it up and admitting she was wrong?
It's not my aunt. It's my friends aunt. No idea why she doesn't press charges. I'll ask my friend tommorrow and get back to you...

Tangled Up In Blue
That's bullshit. I am so calling bullshit on this. There is no law in this country whatsoever that says that it's illegal to not be a given religion, which would be the only way he could give her a ticket. It violates the first amemdment and there is simply no such law on the books anywhere. You are making s**t up, so just stop now.
Yes. I'm obviosly making things up. stare Thank you for doubting my world Mr. Blue...

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Triste Morningstar
Chibi Suzaku Kitsune
Triste Morningstar

actually, if her friend's aunt was hit and pushed into a telephone pole then it sounds like maybe she was rearended, which would put the person who hit her at fault. or perhaps she could have been hit from the side and pushed sideways into the pole, which, depending on the circumstances, either one of them could have been responcible for.
Chibi Suzaku Kitsune
Yes. I'm obviosly making things up. stare Thank you for doubting my world Mr. Blue...

If not you, then you're aunt. This story reeks of falsehood.

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Tangled Up In Blue
Triste Morningstar

It's bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Someone here is just shoveling it on. I don't know if it's the OP or her aunt but someone is just pulling this out of their a**.
I really don't like you. whee Please leave. You're really bugging me... If you don't like what I'm telling you, you can PM the friend that told me and bugg him about it. I'll tell you her PM if she lets me...
A typical blame it on the cop because I got fined. That women is an idot. She probally caused the accident and got all hot-headed and said it was because she isnt mormon. WHy do people even live?...Idiots
Wow, Blue, I haven't seen you curse like that until now. sweatdrop
Chibi Suzaku Kitsune
I really don't like you. whee Please leave. You're really bugging me... If you don't like what I'm telling you, you can PM the friend that told me and bugg him about it. I'll tell you her PM if she lets me...

Oh! I'm sorry. I never meant to be unpleasant. All I was saying is that this story is so completely buggered that it wouldn't be credible under any circumstances whatsoever. Do you have any concept of how fast a law saying that you could be ticketed for not being Mormon would have reached the national scene if it were true? Do you? It would be at the Supreme Court by now if it hadn't been repealed out of pure shame. There is no credibility here whatsoever. Read a copy of the Constitution.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff