Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elana The Barbarian Queen
Could you please elaborate on that with proof that your Religion as a hole is against it?
Actually, the fact that Catholics openly oppose homosexual acts is considered common knowledge and not in need of citation.
Having said that: The Holy See's online edition of the Catechism
Always our Children
and then there is Memory and Identity, which I can't find an online copy of.

Let's put the breaks on for a second. I can't speak for the person you're addressing, but Catholicism has taught that inaction is tantamount to support. Thus, while Catholics will not support, and may even vote against things like abortion, homosexuality, in vitriol and other issues, that is their right and speaking against it in no way trumps the laws of the US.

Blessed Seeker

ANJell-GoMinam
The Catholic Church feels that they are entitled to defend what they believe is right.
If they see it as a moral issue, they will try to prevent it.

Many might see that as wrong in the America country, but aren't Catholics entitled this freedom of speech?

America will just disregard the religious and the Catholics should continue their protest in the country known for freedom

I just hope this will not cause hate to the Catholics for standing up for what they believe in.
I, as a Catholic, would not hate you for your belief

But for the sake of my belief, I will defend the Church.

I say no to modernism.
Interesting speech so what your saying is your anti-gay because of your religious beliefs? Could you please elaborate on that with proof that your Religion as a hole is against it? Why do you feel this? And why do you think this should trump your laws in a country where state is separate from religion? I apologize if it seems like I'm single you out, its just being Canadian I've heard all the arguments for pro-gay marriage already. We've got past that and have allowed these people their basic rights. What I haven't heard is an argument against it.

I am not anti-gay (I do not hate gays, as my belief has taught me to not hate)
I am against gay marriage for fear of disobedience to God.
And to deny that I am against gay marriage would be so, the same.
Yes, I believe people have the right to freedom and that God respects our freedom
But for me it is the question of freedom to be for or against God's will.
I have grown to believe that we are the cause of our own destruction.
And that great tribulations, calamities and disasters would come with it if we make the wrong choices

The proof would be the teachings of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, It is followed by all the Catholic Churches worldwide.

The Church goes by the natural law, also known to be the law of God (of course then, you have people who do not share the same beliefs)

Traditional Catholics, especially the majority of the older generation will disagree with it (the gay marriage)

No, I do not believe the religion will triumph over the laws of the American states, because laws are passed by the majority of the people
I heard that in America, most are non-religious and the Church's protest should be little, no threat

But I do believe that people are entitled to believe what they want to so as does the Church, if they think it is better that there is no gay marriage then that is their belief and they are entitled to that freedom.

ANJell-GoMinam
ANJell-GoMinam
The Catholic Church feels that they are entitled to defend what they believe is right.
If they see it as a moral issue, they will try to prevent it.

Many might see that as wrong in the America country, but aren't Catholics entitled this freedom of speech?

America will just disregard the religious and the Catholics should continue their protest in the country known for freedom

I just hope this will not cause hate to the Catholics for standing up for what they believe in.
I, as a Catholic, would not hate you for your belief

But for the sake of my belief, I will defend the Church.

I say no to modernism.
Interesting speech so what your saying is your anti-gay because of your religious beliefs? Could you please elaborate on that with proof that your Religion as a hole is against it? Why do you feel this? And why do you think this should trump your laws in a country where state is separate from religion? I apologize if it seems like I'm single you out, its just being Canadian I've heard all the arguments for pro-gay marriage already. We've got past that and have allowed these people their basic rights. What I haven't heard is an argument against it.

I am not anti-gay (I do not hate gays, as my belief has taught me to not hate)
I am against gay marriage for fear of disobedience to God.
And to deny that I am against gay marriage would be so, the same.
Yes, I believe people have the right to freedom and that God respects our freedom
But for me it is the question of freedom to be for or against God's will.
I have grown to believe that we are the cause of our own destruction.
And that great tribulations, calamities and disasters would come with it if we make the wrong choices

The proof would be the teachings of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, It is followed by all the Catholic Churches worldwide.

The Church goes by the natural law, also known to be the law of God (of course then, you have people who do not share the same beliefs)

Traditional Catholics, especially the majority of the older generation will disagree with it (the gay marriage)

No, I do not believe the religion will triumph over the laws of the American states, because laws are passed by the majority of the people
I heard that in America, most are non-religious and the Church's protest should be little, no threat

But I do believe that people are entitled to believe what they want to so as does the Church, if they think it is better that there is no gay marriage then that is their belief and they are entitled to that freedom.

Thank you so much for giving me your honest belief I greatly respect that and you madame are getting a tip. I will make sure to include your arguements in my essay as well as everyone else's here.

Dapper Reveler

Mind vs Matter

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas