Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Informer

Hello, I have returned from a three year long journey in the grace of God. And now, I have returned. I am now looking for Friends whom are Christ followers themselves. Do add a brother. I'm willing to have you around! To those who don't believe, that is fine as well. I hope you don't mind me giving my two cents in any conversation I'm in. Take care! Hope to read from ya!

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
_Leon Camero_
Hello, I have returned from a three year long journey in the grace of God. And now, I have returned. I am now looking for Friends whom are Christ followers themselves. Do add a brother. I'm willing to have you around! To those who don't believe, that is fine as well. I hope you don't mind me giving my two cents in any conversation I'm in. Take care! Hope to read from ya!

Threads like this are not exactly in line with purpose stated in the rules of the forum, but I think you can find the type of fellowship you're looking for by searching the Guilds.

If there is not one to your satisfaction (although in my opinion this is unlikely) let me know via PM and I will consider sponsoring your purchase if you do not have the necessary funds to begin an appropriate guild.

Of course you're welcome to chime in on the discussions,

Friendly Informer

The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_

Threads like this are not exactly in line with purpose stated in the rules of the forum, but I think you can find the type of fellowship you're looking for by searching the Guilds.

If there is not one to your satisfaction (although in my opinion this is unlikely) let me know via PM and I will consider sponsoring your purchase if you do not have the necessary funds to begin an appropriate guild.

Thank you for your reply. However, I have tried guilds before I have posted this in the forums. Is this not the "religion and morality" forum? And is not "Followers of Christ" considered a religion to many? I hope you see why I've placed it in this forum. However, once again, I do indeed say thank you for your reply. Take care and God bless yes?

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
_Leon Camero_
The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_

Thank you for your reply. However, I have tried guilds before I have posted this in the forums. Is this not the "religion and morality" forum? And is not "Followers of Christ" considered a religion to many? I hope you see why I've placed it in this forum. However, once again, I do indeed say thank you for your reply. Take care and God bless yes?

Well, there is always Friends Chat, maybe? It is the Religion and Morality Subforum of the Extended Discussion Forum, which usually means debate and argument.

Forum Specific Rules
Extended Discussion (or ED for short) is intended for in-depth discussions and debates on a variety of topics. What makes a thread appropriate for ED is not subject matter alone, but the level of discussion and debate the thread topic generates.

I am presuming FoC is some denomination of Christianity, and while that certainly qualifies it as a religion, your thread is not really appropriate for the ED unless your purpose here is to engage in debates and discussions about your belief system which are likely to be less about making friends than being required to engage rationally and provide evidence, in which case you are in the right place and have met one of your future opponents.

I resubmit my offer to fund a guild for you to safely discuss your religion in a place where it will not be subject to debate, and welcome you to ED should you choose to stay.

Friendly Informer

The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_
The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_

Well, there is always Friends Chat, maybe? It is the Religion and Morality Subforum of the Extended Discussion Forum, which usually means debate and argument.

Forum Specific Rules
Extended Discussion (or ED for short) is intended for in-depth discussions and debates on a variety of topics. What makes a thread appropriate for ED is not subject matter alone, but the level of discussion and debate the thread topic generates.

I am presuming FoC is some denomination of Christianity, and while that certainly qualifies it as a religion, unless your purpose here is to engage in debates and discussions about your belief system which are likely to be less about making friends than being required to engage rationally and provide evidence, in which case you are in the right place and have met one of your future opponents.

I resubmit my offer to fund a guild for you to safely discuss your religion in a place where it will not be subject to debate, and welcome you to ED should you choose to stay.

Followers of Christ is not a denomination. This I can give as an useful information about this topic. Secondly, it is written that if you are not a Christian, you are welcome to debate in this topic as you well please. I do not mind any discussion nor any debates. Since we are discussing this, this subject is qualified to stay within this forum. And secondly, if I may add, that even your opponents will be willing to add their debators, and are willing to be friends with them. That is also qualified to be able to stay in this forum. However, once again, thank you for your concern and reply. I hope to read from you once more. And thank you for offering to help me gain gaia coins to create a guild. That is really kind of you. However, I dont need gold. All I care for, is your well being.
Take care and God bless.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
_Leon Camero_
The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_
The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_

Forum Specific Rules

I am presuming FoC is some denomination of Christianity, and while that certainly qualifies it as a religion, unless your purpose here is to engage in debates and discussions about your belief system which are likely to be less about making friends than being required to engage rationally and provide evidence, in which case you are in the right place and have met one of your future opponents.

Followers of Christ is not a denomination. This I can give as an useful information about this topic. Secondly, it is written that if you are not a Christian, you are welcome to debate in this topic as you well please. I do not mind any discussion nor any debates. Since we are discussing this, this subject is qualified to stay within this forum. And secondly, if I may add, that even your opponents will be willing to add their debators, and are willing to be friends with them. That is also qualified to be able to stay in this forum. However, once again, thank you for your concern and reply. I hope to read from you once more. And thank you for offering to help me gain gaia coins to create a guild. That is really kind of you. However, I dont need gold. All I care for, is your well being.
Take care and God bless.

I suppose I will see you around then, but I am still not convinced this is a good place for seeking friendship via religion so much as a place to debate the topic.

Your risk, your funeral. Oh well.

Please elaborate on how Followers of Christ is not, in fact, a denomination or sect of Christianity.

Friendly Informer

The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_
The Legendary Guest
_Leon Camero_
The Legendary Guest

Forum Specific Rules

Take care and God bless.

I suppose I will see you around then, but I am still not convinced this is a good place for seeking friendship via religion so much as a place to debate the topic.

Your risk, your funeral. Oh well.

Please elaborate on how Followers of Christ is not, in fact, a denomination or sect of Christianity.

May I rest in peace.

Anyways, followers of Christ did not spring out as a new denomination. It is a non denominational term that follows the bible accordingly and without any cherry picked idealisms. Each scriptures are fulfilled by the grace of God and according to scriptures, followers of Christ are called: disciples, sons and daughters of God, peace makers, selflessness, no pride, no condemnation to those whom follows him and whom doesn't just talk about the Bible, but lives by it, according to what scriptures say. Followers of Christ doesn't have to abide in the words, in fact, the word abides in us and for us, that we may do the will of God, in his time.

This is non denominational. The real way of Christianity.

Ohhh, that's why... no no, I'm not talking about that denomination. However, that is news to me...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
The reason why this doesn't belong in the M&R section is because your topic is basically just you announcing your return...there is no discussion or debate to be had based on just your OP (aside from the obvious "this doesn't belong here" discussion). Now, if you change your OP to something that at least offers some kind of discussion related to the forum, then it'd fit, but right now, this is little better than a status update, which clearly doesn't belong in this forum.

Friendly Informer

Rumblestiltskin
The reason why this doesn't belong in the M&R section is because your topic is basically just you announcing your return...there is no discussion or debate to be had based on just your OP (aside from the obvious "this doesn't belong here" discussion). Now, if you change your OP to something that at least offers some kind of discussion related to the forum, then it'd fit, but right now, this is little better than a status update, which clearly doesn't belong in this forum.

Hello there, and thank you for your reply. I have already discussed this with the person above. If you do not feel that it doesn't belong here, do read the discussions given. We have already discussed about that. Thanks and God bless.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
_Leon Camero_
Rumblestiltskin

Hello there, and thank you for your reply. I have already discussed this with the person above. If you do not feel that it doesn't belong here, do read the discussions given. We have already discussed about that. Thanks and God bless.

I did read...and she didn't point out WHY it was misplaced...which is why I did it for her...namely, cause you're still acting like this thread belongs here when it doesn't. I'm just suggesting that you change your OP so that it isn't some self-centered status update, and provides actual discussion more fitting for the forum rather than just reporting it so that it gets moved anyway.

Friendly Informer

Rumblestiltskin
_Leon Camero_
Rumblestiltskin

I did read...and she didn't point out WHY it was misplaced...which is why I did it for her...namely, cause you're still acting like this thread belongs here when it doesn't. I'm just suggesting that you change your OP so that it isn't some self-centered status update, and provides actual discussion more fitting for the forum rather than just reporting it so that it gets moved anyway.

Why report, when you're debating about a religion topic? That is considered contradictory you know.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
_Leon Camero_
Rumblestiltskin
_Leon Camero_
Rumblestiltskin

Why report, when you're debating about a religion topic? That is considered contradictory you know.

Because, if you actually understood reading comprehension, we aren't debating a religion topic....we're discussing whether this is in the proper forum or not...which it clearly isn't, and which I clearly addressed in the first post. Quit acting like this isn't a misplaced thread...it clearly is.

Friendly Informer

Rumblestiltskin
_Leon Camero_
Rumblestiltskin
_Leon Camero_
Rumblestiltskin

Because, if you actually understood reading comprehension, we aren't debating a religion topic....we're discussing whether this is in the proper forum or not...which it clearly isn't, and which I clearly addressed in the first post. Quit acting like this isn't a misplaced thread...it clearly is.

If you're talking about reading comprehension, do reread the beginning. I did say even non believers can post here, and I hope I can add my two cents. What we are doing now, is called a debate and argument, which is qualified by the gaia forum rules. And this is talking about Christ, which is a religious aspect in your sight. Because you're only looking at one perspective, it may not look like it belongs here, however, it does. If I may, I am indeed qualified to let this stay here. Which is why if you're reporting this, there is no cause for it to be moved. If they read what we are discussing, this topic may get a negative vote, because of non believers, however, it is indeed qualified to stay.

Thanks for reading carefully.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
_Leon Camero_
If you're talking about reading comprehension, do reread the beginning. I did say even non believers can post here, and I hope I can add my two cents.

Well, thank you for saying anyone can post here when they already can in the first place, but that still doesn't change the fact that your topic offers NO DISCUSSION...at least not one that is fit for the M&R forum. So again, if you want to avoid having your pointless, glorified status update moved, I suggest changing your OP to something that actually invites discussion suitable for the forum.

Quote:
What we are doing now, is called a debate and argument, which is qualified by the gaia forum rules.

AS LONG AS IT APPLIES TO THE SUB FORUM. If we started talking about what summer blockbuster we think is going to do the best this year in terms of box office, it clearly wouldn't go in this forum and would be moved to somewhere in the entertainment forum. This topic offers no actual discussion on religion nor morality, hence, it shouldn't be in this sub forum.

Quote:
And this is talking about Christ, which is a religious aspect in your sight.

No....your entire post is essentially "hey, I'm back and I'm looking for friends"...THAT DOESN'T BELONG HERE...

Quote:
Because you're only looking at one perspective, it may not look like it belongs here, however, it does.

No...it doesn't. Because the perspective I'm looking at is "what is this topic about"...if this topic had any religious or moral discussion to it, then you'd have a point. It doesn't. This is little better than you begging for attention.

Quote:
If I may, I am indeed qualified to let this stay here.

No...you aren't. In fact, you are in no way qualified to determine what stays in this forum. If you were, there'd be a little title under your name...something other than "community member."

Quote:
Which is why if you're reporting this, there is no cause for it to be moved. If they read what we are discussing, this topic may get a negative vote, because of non believers, however, it is indeed qualified to stay.

No, it really isn't. You may feel self-important enough to try and delude yourself into thinking that your pathetic attempt at garnering attention is justification for your pretentious thread to stay here...but you're wrong. The title of the sub forum isn't "Leon is back and looking for friends"...it's Morality and Religion...a subject this thread has not even addressed once.

Quote:

I always find it funny when I meet people in here who try to be condescending while not having a clue as to why they're an idiot.

Friendly Informer

Rumblestiltskin
_Leon Camero_
If you're talking about reading comprehension, do reread the beginning. I did say even non believers can post here, and I hope I can add my two cents.

Well, thank you for saying anyone can post here when they already can in the first place, but that still doesn't change the fact that your topic offers NO DISCUSSION...at least not one that is fit for the M&R forum. So again, if you want to avoid having your pointless, glorified status update moved, I suggest changing your OP to something that actually invites discussion suitable for the forum.

Quote:
What we are doing now, is called a debate and argument, which is qualified by the gaia forum rules.

AS LONG AS IT APPLIES TO THE SUB FORUM. If we started talking about what summer blockbuster we think is going to do the best this year in terms of box office, it clearly wouldn't go in this forum and would be moved to somewhere in the entertainment forum. This topic offers no actual discussion on religion nor morality, hence, it shouldn't be in this sub forum.

Quote:
And this is talking about Christ, which is a religious aspect in your sight.

No....your entire post is essentially "hey, I'm back and I'm looking for friends"...THAT DOESN'T BELONG HERE...

Quote:
Because you're only looking at one perspective, it may not look like it belongs here, however, it does.

No...it doesn't. Because the perspective I'm looking at is "what is this topic about"...if this topic had any religious or moral discussion to it, then you'd have a point. It doesn't. This is little better than you begging for attention.

Quote:
If I may, I am indeed qualified to let this stay here.

No...you aren't. In fact, you are in no way qualified to determine what stays in this forum. If you were, there'd be a little title under your name...something other than "community member."

Quote:
Which is why if you're reporting this, there is no cause for it to be moved. If they read what we are discussing, this topic may get a negative vote, because of non believers, however, it is indeed qualified to stay.

No, it really isn't. You may feel self-important enough to try and delude yourself into thinking that your pathetic attempt at garnering attention is justification for your pretentious thread to stay here...but you're wrong. The title of the sub forum isn't "Leon is back and looking for friends"...it's Morality and Religion...a subject this thread has not even addressed once.

Quote:

I always find it funny when I meet people in here who try to be condescending while not having a clue as to why they're an idiot.

Oh good! The old message splitting tatic! I haven't seen that in years.

Now here's a question: (split here)

Is this a religious topic or not? (Split here)

If no, you're saying (split here)

Christ is not a religion.

If yes (split here)

This topic stays.

And by the way, no discussion?

We're literally talking up a storm here XD

"I always find it funny when I meet people in here who try to be condescending while not having a clue as to why they're an idiot."

Oh how true in my perspective.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces