Welcome to Gaia! ::

Too bad not everyone in the world has access to this page. Kinda wish they did for all the negative stuff that's spread about mormons. I was one at one point but i got sick of it all, no offense. It just wasn't for me. But it is good to hear the faqs and gist of it all being spread. Just as long as you're not some missionary we'll all be fine.

here's something funny:
one friend told me (me) that mormons weren't christian... that was the stupidest of all things. They believe in the same god, the same people, and yet they're turned away b/c they have different ideas about what happened. *eye roll*

another friend thought that mormons killed other people who didn't convert to their ways. Which is silly, no one can make you convert if you don't want to. Who's stronger? A boxer or the bishop?

anyway i'm out... dun like talking about mormon related topics
Ms. Cherrie

And that particular one bothers me a lot. Sure, you're welcome to your beliefs...but I've found that the one you're talking about causes a lot of censure and close minded behavior among members of the LDS church in my area.
Well, we aren't perfect. That happens with many things and other religions too.

Uta's King

Interstellar Pirate

Chaoschic
Ms. Cherrie

And that particular one bothers me a lot. Sure, you're welcome to your beliefs...but I've found that the one you're talking about causes a lot of censure and close minded behavior among members of the LDS church in my area.

No, you aren't perfect. I'm not perfect, nobody is perfect. However, when you claim that your sexual relationship is ordained by god, and another person's relationship is not...well, you have my rancor.

Quotable Informer

Ms. Cherrie
Chaoschic
Ms. Cherrie

No, you aren't perfect. I'm not perfect, nobody is perfect. However, when you claim that your sexual relationship is ordained by god, and another person's relationship is not...well, you have my rancor.
MARRAIGE is orained by God. And it is even if you aren't mormon. Sex outside the bonds of marraige is a preversion of a sacred right. I don't mean that to be harsh....read my other post about it.

Quotable Informer

MahiaStar
DescendMeltdown
Also what are your views on sexual taboos like masturbation, underage sex, pre-marital sex, how bad are they according to you , and what is needed to be forgiven?

We believe that sex is Sacred to Marraige, and that to treat it casually is wrong. It is not something to be given freely, or in affection. It is an act of love, and a part of the ssacredness of marraige. It is Sacred, because it results in the co-creation of life with God the Father, our creator. As such, we are also against masterbation, as it is demeaning towards the Sacredness of creating life. Underage relationships are a moot point, considering that we base it more upon marrage, and some people do get married that young.

Forgiveness is, as Chaoschic said, something one should talk with their Bishop about. But, as in all things regarding repentance, I would follow the answer given above:

Your Heavenly Father wants you to be happy. Sin, or wrongdoing, makes people unhappy, for "wickedness never was happiness" (The Book of Mormon, Alma 41:10).

Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father has provided a way for you to repent and be forgiven for things you have done wrong.

To repent, it is necessary to:

* Confess your sins to God.
* Feel sincere sorrow for your sins.
* Ask God to forgive you.
* Do all you can to correct the problems your actions may have caused.
* Turn away from your sins and not repeat them.
Through the Atonement of Christ, sincere repentance brings forgiveness and greater peace in this life. It prepares you to live with your Heavenly Father in the life to come
If that doesn't clear it up, then you just are not being open-minded.

Quotable Informer

And, no, I'm not a missionary trying to convert you. I'm only 17. I just got tired of explaining things over and over again on other topics, so I figured that anyone who really wants to know can come here. And if I run into people who aren't sure, I can just give them a link.
Why do people hate Mormons so much?
Crisa Rei
Why do people hate Mormons so much?

Not everyone hates mormons...who are you refering to?
Oh just sixty percent of the population in my school
Crisa Rei

Well, probably many different reasons depending on the person...

Sometimes, because they don't know much about the religion, or they don't like the rumors they hear about it.

Other times, because they are annoyed by some mormons/mormon missionaries who may try to get them to join the church.

Some just stereotype ALL mormons and hate them just because or the fact that they are mormon.

Some don't agree with the beliefs/practices/ believe it's a cult

etc, etc, etc...
Why do people hate people? Why do people hate other people only because of their religion/race/gender/social status, etc.? We just tend to generalize...

I am assuming the people at your school just hate mormons in general..

Quotable Informer

Crisa Rei

I agree. I mean, look how many people hate Muslims because of 9-11. Not ALL Muslim people are suicide bombers, and many of them are very decent folk. That's just the way people are. They discriminate.
I agree wholeheartedly Mahia. They judge us just because of polygamy or rumors

Uta's King

Interstellar Pirate

MahiaStar
MahiaStar
DescendMeltdown
Also what are your views on sexual taboos like masturbation, underage sex, pre-marital sex, how bad are they according to you , and what is needed to be forgiven?

We believe that sex is Sacred to Marraige, and that to treat it casually is wrong. It is not something to be given freely, or in affection. It is an act of love, and a part of the ssacredness of marraige. It is Sacred, because it results in the co-creation of life with God the Father, our creator. As such, we are also against masterbation, as it is demeaning towards the Sacredness of creating life. Underage relationships are a moot point, considering that we base it more upon marrage, and some people do get married that young.

Forgiveness is, as Chaoschic said, something one should talk with their Bishop about. But, as in all things regarding repentance, I would follow the answer given above:

Your Heavenly Father wants you to be happy. Sin, or wrongdoing, makes people unhappy, for "wickedness never was happiness" (The Book of Mormon, Alma 41:10).

Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father has provided a way for you to repent and be forgiven for things you have done wrong.

To repent, it is necessary to:

* Confess your sins to God.
* Feel sincere sorrow for your sins.
* Ask God to forgive you.
* Do all you can to correct the problems your actions may have caused.
* Turn away from your sins and not repeat them.
Through the Atonement of Christ, sincere repentance brings forgiveness and greater peace in this life. It prepares you to live with your Heavenly Father in the life to come
If that doesn't clear it up, then you just are not being open-minded.

No offense, but A) I was not refering to your post and B) if that doesn't clear it up I am not being open minded? Who are you to decide that? Marriage is both a civil and religious union, but that does not mean that one can not hold the belief that god supports love (and in this case, sex) of all kinds. Also, some people like myself are not christian and believe that the gods consider sex to be sacred, in particular fertility gods.
The post is what adresses the question, or really, the statement that you made. The forgiveness part is uneeded for you, but it was there for the previous question. This part is the part that answers.

Quote:

Yes, it is what we believe that sex is only supported within the bonds of marriage, and not outside. And what she meant by not being open-minded, is that you're not seeing 'our side' of it.

Uta's King

Interstellar Pirate

*shrugs* I can see your side of it, but that doesn't mean that I agree with it...I held no quarrel with her post, indeed...it was another one that bothered me. What is with this teaming up? When you treat every word I type as an attack, as a group, there is little positive discussion. I myself am not supported by any such tag team. Do you honestly need eachother's help to disagree with my opinions? I doubt that, some how. Let me make something very clear. I am an ex-mormon. This means I was at one point a member of your church and I know its standpoints. This does not mean that I agree with them, but I know them and respect the fact that you believe in them. However, I myself do not. I have thought this over very carefully and have sound reasoning for thinking the way I do. I do not myself respect these beliefs, but that does not mean that I can not accept that others do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff