Welcome to Gaia! ::

Uta's King

Interstellar Pirate

The farmer
some funny misunderstandings.. like it's against the mormon faith use caffene, or a roadway for Jesus... or a stairway to heaven...

More against the mormon practice than the faith, but I see where you're going.
Terrant

Chaoschic, I remember reading somewhere once the Saints were building a highway for Jesus to come down when the Second Coming happens..is that true?
I'm glad to hear that you think most of us are friendly since that is how we should be regardless of our religion. As to the highway question, this is not true.
double post. :3
Akiameko
evilweevil
I have a couple questions ... I've heard/learned that Mormons believe that after someone dies, they can still be baptized into the Mormon church. If this isn't true, then disregard the next part of this post.

As far as I know (again, this might not be true.) Mormons believe anyone who isn't Mormon goes to Hell. Does this mean that if a non-Mormon dies and goes to Hell, there's a chance that out of nowhere, they'll be lifted out of Hell and plopped into Heaven, because one of their ancestors or somethign had them baptized?
Yes, we do perform baptisms for the dead. No, we do not just perform the baptisms and plop them out of hell. First of all, we believe not in heaven and hell, but in three kingdoms; Celestial Kingdom, Terrestial Kindom, Telestial Kingdom. And also within each kingdom there are three more degrees. When we perform a baptism for a deciesed relative, it is only making the choice available to them to move up a degree within the kingdom. ((You can only move up in degrees within your kingdom, with the exeption of the Clelestial Kingdom, the top one, where once you're in the kingdom you can't move any degrees at all)) They don't have to accept the ordinance if they don't want to, they will just recieve blessings if they do. ((BTW you will have the same attitude about religion in the afterlife that you did in life)) So, no, we don't just plop them into heaven. smile

That makes a lot more sense, thank you. :3

What's this about kingdoms, then? Who goes to waht kingdom and how is this division decided?
By saying we will "have the same attitude," do you mean that a Buddhist will still be Buddhist? Do you believe that, keeping with the Buddhist example, a Buddhist will see the afterlife as they believe it to be, or is it straightforward just these kingdoms?
evilweevil

Who goes to what kingdom after death, then? How is this decided?
When you die, you will go to the Spirit World and wait to be resurrected and judged. At the final judgement, you will be put into the kingdom you deserve according to your works and your heart. (if you have any questions about what type of people go to which kingdoms or about anything I say, please feel free to pm me and I will do my best to help you out)
Chaoschic
evilweevil

When you die, you will go to the Spirit World and wait to be resurrected and judged. At the final judgement, you will be put into the kingdom you deserve according to your works and your heart. (if you have any questions about what type of people go to which kingdoms or about anything I say, please feel free to pm me and I will do my best to help you out)
Wait. No one's in the Kingdoms until the Final Judgement?
evilweevil
Chaoschic
evilweevil

That's correct.
Chaoschic
evilweevil
Chaoschic
evilweevil

That's correct.
Oh. Er. Then Akiameko must have been mistaken. Okay. That clears up some of my confusion. :3
She was just trying to give you more of the gist of things. I also gave only the broad idea, but in depth enough for you to understand...I hope.
DescendMeltdown
Also what are your views on sexual taboos like masturbation, underage sex, pre-marital sex, how bad are they according to you , and what is needed to be forgiven?
Sex is something that is considered sacred and should ONLY BE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IN THE BONDS OF MARRIAGE. anything outside of marriage is not ordained of God

Uta's King

Interstellar Pirate

Killswitch218
DescendMeltdown
Also what are your views on sexual taboos like masturbation, underage sex, pre-marital sex, how bad are they according to you , and what is needed to be forgiven?
Sex is something that is considered sacred and should ONLY BE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IN THE BONDS OF MARRIAGE. anything outside of marriage is not ordained of God

Yah know...stuff like that just pisses me off.
Ms. Cherrie
Killswitch218
DescendMeltdown

Why?

Uta's King

Interstellar Pirate

Chaoschic
Ms. Cherrie
Killswitch218
DescendMeltdown

Why?

WHY? Oh come now...surely you can imagine why something like that might piss someone off. Use your imagination.
Ms. Cherrie
Chaoschic
Ms. Cherrie
Killswitch218
DescendMeltdown

Why?

WHY? Oh come now...surely you can imagine why something like that might piss someone off.
This is a topic about Mormon beliefs. That is one of our beliefs.

Uta's King

Interstellar Pirate

Chaoschic
Ms. Cherrie
Chaoschic
Ms. Cherrie
Killswitch218
DescendMeltdown

Why?

WHY? Oh come now...surely you can imagine why something like that might piss someone off.
This is a topic about Mormon beliefs. That is one of our beliefs.

And that particular one bothers me a lot. Sure, you're welcome to your beliefs...but I've found that the one you're talking about causes a lot of censure and close minded behavior among members of the LDS church in my area.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff