Welcome to Gaia! ::

*sighs * i dont' get why you ppl even fight about this stuff its pointless, ur being just like the guy in the movie "God's Army " the one missionary who goes off and never comes back, cause he reads all the anti mormon stuff.

Honestly i should just get my Bishop to come and prove all the stuff you say wrong.
MormonSeebs
Honestly i should just get my Bishop to come and prove all the stuff you say wrong.

Wow, that's really meaningful. And I should get Abraham Lincoln to come in here and prove him wrong.

What have we learned today, kids? This sort of nonsense means nothing unless you back it up with an argument. All you're doing is shouting "OMG UR RGUMANT IS SO DUM!!!!!" without disproving anything.

That would be a logical fallacy.
sheehandan
Ryujo
Okay...this may have been asked before, but I don't want to read through the 100 previous pages...and, honestly, I should know this, sense I was a mormon (before we got the boot), and my mom could tell me...but why not ask here.

Did John really look into a hat?

Joe, and yes.

My very first post in this thread was about that. It's on LDS.org. It's in the Ensign. It's in the Journal of Discourses. Yes, Joseph Smith really, honestly, truly did look into a hat.

^_- Thanks for correcting me, and thanks for clearingthat up! heart
MormonSeebs
*sighs * i dont' get why you ppl even fight about this stuff its pointless, ur being just like the guy in the movie "God's Army " the one missionary who goes off and never comes back, cause he reads all the anti mormon stuff.

Please do. I bet 100 gold he tells you to quit talking to us, and not ask non-edifying questions about mormonism.
Eteponge: interesting. I may have to study a bit on this.
look i dunno i only just started reading the mormon bible for a laugh. However in the beginning it talks about how Nephi, the good son, stole a steel sword in roughly 591 b.c.. Which is fine and all except the iron age started in 1000 b.c., and at that time steel was rare and could only be processed in incredibly small amounts. That struck me as bullshit, and when the book of mormon started talking about moses and the red sea. I had to laugh because that was proof that it was all a lie. Moses did not cross the red sea, he crossed the reed sea a smaller sea that was actually on the way to mount sinia. It was all a translation error this has been proven courtesy of the dead sea scrolls, which are not bullshit. And as for the mormon skin color thing as far as i can tell the mormons accept it. And as a native american i find this to be bullshit, I believe it does mention it in their bible. Either way it was obviously a scam by john smith, oh and for christ sake people it was not a pair of glasses it was two seer stones. And their were also the brass and silver plates why don't they get any love. It seems like it would be hard to fit the book of mormon on metal plates it's not exactly a small book you know.
Woodlock
MormonSeebs

Please do. I bet 100 gold he tells you to quit talking to us, and not ask non-edifying questions about mormonism.

lmao thats exactly what I thought too.
Woodlock
Eteponge: interesting. I may have to study a bit on this.

As for the verses condemning various forms of Magick, some of which were ironically still used and practiced by some Biblical Prophets and Biblical Figures in the same context in which they were condemned in the old Jewish Law, yet God didn't forbid or rebuke them from doing it.

It would appear to be that in Truth those practices were condemned when used and practiced outside of God's Realm. Meaning, God had to be the *source* of the "Magick", or else it would fall under the clause of the Law.

Joseph openly practiced Divination and was not condemned by God:

In Genesis 44:5, Joseph's household manager refers to a silver drinking cup "...in which my lord drinketh and whereby indeed he divineth". Later, Joseph accuses his brothers of stealing the cup, saying "that such a man as I can certainly divine [the identity of the thieves]". These passages show that Joseph engaged in scrying. This is an ancient occultic method of divination in which a cup or other vessel is filled with water and gazed into. This technique of foretelling the future was used by Nostradamus and is still used today.

Notice: "That such a man as I can certainly divine". Meaning he was such a man bestowed upon by the Power of God, being embued by God with the Power to Divine (Divination). Meaning the Elect can practice "Magick" as drawn from the Power of God but not from outside of the Power of God. God is the "Magick". Practicing such "Magick" outside of God as the Source seems to be what is truely forbidden. It would appear that the Elect *can* practice "Magick", even those condemned by the Law, if God is the Source of "Magick" from which they draw, and not from outside forces. This is apparent from the various "uses" of Pagan Magick by Biblical Prophets and Biblical Figures (Including Jesus Christ) who practiced such but were not condemned from practicing such by God, because they drew from God in their Practice of it. Jesus Christ and the Apostles saw and spoke with the Deceased Moses and Elijah on the mountain, Jesus Christ and the Apostles raised the dead, as did the bones of the Prophet Elijah in the Old Testament. This would seem to fall under condemnation of the Law, but it was from the Power of God and not apart from the Power of God, so it was flagged as acceptable before God.
MormonSeebs

According to your First Presidency. . . . You shouldn't even be looking at these forums. Stupid bitches claim to be mormon, but don't do what their leadership tells them to do.

And, Eteponge, just because I am a fanatic when it comes to proper spelling and grammar. . . . Spell magic the way it should be spelled. I mean this with all the non-aggravating fibers in my body. Both of them.
Darkslider
And, Eteponge, just because I am a fanatic when it comes to proper spelling and grammar. . . . Spell magic the way it should be spelled. I mean this with all the non-aggravating fibers in my body. Both of them.

And you're talking to a person who has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). xd

Although it no longer has the same control over me as it use to, I have "battled" it for awhile now in the right direction.

Anyway...

M A G I C K

xp
Darkslider
MormonSeebs

According to your First Presidency. . . . You shouldn't even be looking at these forums. Stupid bitches claim to be mormon, but don't do what their leadership tells them to do.

Both of them! Wow!

YOUR ******** GETTING MARRIED! IT BLOWS MY MIND!!!

I say that with every non-sexual fiber in my body... You know, the short one...
Darkslider

actually, it is spelled magick when dealing with actual witchcraft. Magic is prestidigitation, or sleight-of-hand, like magicians use to make the bird appear.
Woodlock
actually, it is spelled magick when dealing with actual witchcraft. Magic is prestidigitation, or sleight-of-hand, like magicians use to make the bird appear.

Not necessarily.

"Magic" can refer to stage magic and 'real' magic, where "magick" was invented to only refer to 'real' magic.

The word 'magick' is most often used by fluffbunnies and the like, so it has gotten a bad reputation. It's unnecessary anyways, since it is easy to tell the difference in any given situation between 'real' and stage magic.
TheNinjaGod
However in the beginning it talks about how Nephi, the good son, stole a steel sword in roughly 591 b.c.. Which is fine and all except the iron age started in 1000 b.c., and at that time steel was rare and could only be processed in incredibly small amounts.

You do realize that B.C. dates go backward, so 1000 B.C. is before 591, by 409 years. That's long enough for it to become more commonplace.

1000 B.C. ----> 591 B.C. ----> 0 A.D. ----> 591 A.D. ----> 2004 A.D.

TheNinjaGod
it was not a pair of glasses it was two seer stones.

I know, but he basically used them to get 'clear vision', which is the same reason we wear glasses today.

TheNinjaGod
And as for the mormon skin color thing as far as i can tell the mormons accept it. And as a native american i find this to be bullshit, I believe it does mention it in their bible.

1) Racist remarks were was removed in the 1930 revision. Before that time is said that that dark skinned people that converted turned 'white and delightsome', but now it reads either bright or clear.

2) Mormons use the KJV bible, the book of mormon is a seperate document. However, Joseph Smith did do an "Inspired" revision of the bible, in which he wrote himself into revelation (poorly) and removed the song of solomon. I never did figure out why they continue to use the KJV if Joseph Smith revised it...

3) One of their prophets got a revelation around the civil rights movement (ironically, I didn't know God buckled to social pressures) that the curse that gave them black skin had been lifted. They believe that the reason people have dark skin is because they were the angels that didn't fight in the war between satan and God, and it was a mark of God's disapproval (Like the mark on Cain). So I guess my question is, if God lifted His curse from dark skinned people, why didn't they all turn white immediately? Answer: dark skin is an adaptation to sunny climates, look at anyone with a tan. The difference is that those born darker skinned have a genetic predisposition towards it. Nothing more.
Eteponge
Darkslider

And you're talking to a person who has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). xd

Although it no longer has the same control over me as it use to, I have "battled" it for awhile now in the right direction.

Anyway...

M A G I C K

xp

Oh... so, you're Obsessively a ******** genius?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff