Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xiam
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam
Guys? Is there a proper term for that kind of fallacy? A sort of "look it up" fallacy? I've been wondering that for a while. Where someone can't actually prove what they're saying is true, so they request the opponent to look it up instead, as if to prove their argument correct purely because "Oh, you don't know? How sad. Read up and then come back later when you're as well-learned as I am"

Ipse dixit?

Oh, maybe... I saw that, but I wasn't entirely certain what I was reading. I think I was really damn tired at the time.

rpglol101
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam
Guys? Is there a proper term for that kind of fallacy? A sort of "look it up" fallacy? I've been wondering that for a while. Where someone can't actually prove what they're saying is true, so they request the opponent to look it up instead, as if to prove their argument correct purely because "Oh, you don't know? How sad. Read up and then come back later when you're as well-learned as I am"

Ipse dixit?
Hey I have a math formula that has been proven for decades. It's math people not some crazy a** bible.

I notice you didn't post the mathematical formula.
I thought peopel were smart enough to use google sorry I was wrong.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
rpglol101
Xiam

No, see, there it is again. You're making other people do your work for you. Rather than presenting any proper discussion or evidence you want us to go "look it up." That's lazy, dude. You're claiming we're "not smart enough" but you're just covering for the fact that you're pulling this all out of your a**.

You're like those people who just post a YouTube video in their first post of a thread and then expect us to build an entire discussion on the video we're supposed to watch. No, man. This isn't high school, and we're not here to do any ******** homework before you discuss it in class.

So don't belittle our intelligence unless you're willing to prove your own: cite your sources like a rational human being or get the ******** out.
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam

No, see, there it is again. You're making other people do your work for you. Rather than presenting any proper discussion or evidence you want us to go "look it up." That's lazy, dude. You're claiming we're "not smart enough" but you're just covering for the fact that you're pulling this all out of your a**.

You're like those people who just post a YouTube video in their first post of a thread and then expect us to build an entire discussion on the video we're supposed to watch. No, man. This isn't high school, and we're not here to do any ******** homework before you discuss it in class.

So don't belittle our intelligence unless you're willing to prove your own: cite your sources like a rational human being or get the ******** out.
Work? are you serious right now?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam

It's not work if you're already making the claim. This isn't Supernatural where we already assume you to be full of s**t - when you post in here we expect that you've already found an article or some page about it, and that's why you're talking about it.

It's called "burden of proof," dude. And we're not supposed to be the ones proving your claim.

It's basic etiquette in any debate.
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam

It's not work if you're already making the claim. This isn't Supernatural where we already assume you to be full of s**t - when you post in here we expect that you've already found an article or some page about it, and that's why you're talking about it.

It's called "burden of proof," dude. And we're not supposed to be the ones proving your claim.

Do documentaries count?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam

Do documentaries count?

Really depends on who made the documentary. But if it's a mathematical formula like you claim, and has been around for as long as you claim, there should be an article somewhere, preferably someplace with .edu at the end, but really, even Wikipedia should consider this notable enough for a page.
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam

Do documentaries count?

Really depends on who made the documentary. But if it's a mathematical formula like you claim, and has been around for as long as you claim, there should be an article somewhere, preferably someplace with .edu at the end, but really, even Wikipedia should consider this notable enough for a page.
To be honest even George Price didn't want to believe in it. I think he committed suicide. Wikipedia should have him displayed. "Dark Matters Twisted but True". A series of documentaries that have been reinacted events throughout history. They bring in actual know scientist, science journalist on the show. I never knew science's cruelty until I've found Dark Matters.

You might be religious for all I know, but the science is there. Fact's aren't like morals that a person could decide to believe or not.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Xiam

Do documentaries count?

To be honest even George Price didn't want to believe in it. I think he committed suicide. Wikipedia should have him displayed. "Dark Matters Twisted but True". A series of documentaries that have been reinacted events throughout history. They bring in actual know scientist, science journalist on the show. I never knew science's cruelty until I've found Dark Matters.

You might be religious for all I know, but the science is there. Fact's aren't like morals that a person could decide to believe or not.

So... why didn't you link it?

User Image

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
rpglol101
Copyrights.

Wikipedia copyrights?
Xiam
rpglol101
Copyrights.

Wikipedia copyrights?
I meant the documentary silly. I don't like quoting from wikipedia much.I really don't see the point.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Xiam
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam

Ipse dixit?

Oh, maybe... I saw that, but I wasn't entirely certain what I was reading. I think I was really damn tired at the time.

Shifting Burden of Proof would be my gut reaction on this.
Appeal to Ignorance? I can't remember what made me think this, may be 06.50itis
Appeal to Silence? I have no proof I'm wrong, therefore I'm right?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
rpglol101
Xiam
rpglol101
Copyrights.

Wikipedia copyrights?
I meant the documentary silly. I don't like quoting from wikipedia much.I really don't see the point.

Quoting? I didn't say anything about quoting. I'm talking about linking.

The point is to prove you're actually making an effort. I mean, yes, I could just Google all these things, but you know what is more efficient for every single person who comes in and reads, and then skips back out again? If you post your own damn links, and make it look like you actually care about fact-checking before you say something.

And believe it or not, Wikipedia is actually a very reliable source, because unlike you, they cite their s**t.

CuAnnan
Xiam
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam

Ipse dixit?

I don't know. emo
CuAnnan
Xiam
Lucky~9~Lives
Xiam

Ipse dixit?

Are you quoting someone?

Shy Cutie-Pie

9,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
rpglol101
George Price a profound Mathematica came up with a formula to track the chromosome which holds kindness. To The day he died George could not disprove his own formula and neither can the scientists to this day. Everything you do is because of your genetic make up.

I disagree. I knew this one girl who had 2 completely awful people as parents. They were drug abusers and just horribly cruel people...but she was the nicest person in the world. I'm not saying genetics doesn't play a part in behavior but i do not believe "kindness" is something that we inherit genitically

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff