Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am pretty sure most religions that deal with supernatural concepts make unfalsifiable claims. Due to this the claims made are useless and can't be proven to be true because there is no way to demonstrate that they are false. Therefore there is nothing that would ever prove them to be wrong by the believers and will always be proven true. Falsifiable claims are important in deriving truth.
Funnycn
Can it be proven to be possible? Can witchcraft be real?

First, define what you mean by witchcraft, and what it is you expect as a result of practicing it.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Funnycn
Its-beezy
Do I believe it is possible that someone can avada kedavra a b***h? No.

But if you look into some wicca practices and compare them to the idea that (and I forget the name for this so please forgive me) if you bring a certain energy - you can expect results similar to that energy, or that through believing something of a certain energy can happen, that it will, then maybe.

Like the practice of writing something (such as a goal) on a candle and letting it burn all day. That candle will be on your mind, making you more determined to meet that goal. That is possible. It can't really be proven that it was the practice that helped you meet that goal however it is a source of determination

So to a degree, some form of witchcraft does exist, is what you're saying?

For the sake of contrast, I will also give my opinion on this conclusion.

The idea of semantics, the power of suggestion, the placebo effect, and motivational drive are all well documented phenomena which can explain what you call witchcraft.

What need does the rest of the community have in using the word witchcraft when words exist that have much more explanatory power?
>does witchcraft have an credibility?

About as much as any other belief structure.

Dapper Citizen

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lady Kariel
It's real but I wouldn't involve myself in it.

This is ED. If you'd like to provide evidence that your assertion of it's validity is accurate, we'll hear it. Otherwise, simply your opinion, which isn't what's being asked for.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff