Welcome to Gaia! ::

I believe if you just believe in god, and Jesus you are Christian
I never go to church, I curse a lot, I don't see why you have to pressure others to be Christian, or religions. I support gay rights, because I don't give a s**t about what others do with their lives. I think in certain scenarios abortion is okay, especially for rape victims. Or early on stages.
I joke about my beliefs a lot. I'm very respectful of others beliefs also.
Does this make me Christian? Or even religious? My whole family is Christian.

Shameless Mystic

If you don't follow the teachings of Jesus, you aren't a Christian.

Following a church or religion doesn't qualify you, in my book, nor does distancing yourself from them disqualify. You're a Christian if you follow Jesus's teachings, the rest is... debatable.
False Dichotomy

Following a church or religion doesn't qualify you, in my book, nor does distancing yourself from them disqualify. You're a Christian if you follow Jesus's teachings, the rest is... debatable.

I obey the Ten commandments? Hahah.
meh, Fundamentalists are sudo-christians so you're nothing new.

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Born of Aphrodite

Pseudo?

Adored Admirer

The New Wineskin
Born of Aphrodite

Pseudo?

You called?

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
The New Wineskin
Born of Aphrodite

Pseudo?

You called?

xd

Shameless Mystic

Xandistra
False Dichotomy

I obey the Ten commandments? Hahah.
Jesus didn't teach the 10 commandments, although most of what he said falls directly in line.

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Xandistra
I believe if you just believe in god, and Jesus you are Christian
I never go to church, I curse a lot, I don't see why you have to pressure others to be Christian, or religions. I support gay rights, because I don't give a s**t about what others do with their lives. I think in certain scenarios abortion is okay, especially for rape victims. Or early on stages.
I joke about my beliefs a lot. I'm very respectful of others beliefs also.
Does this make me Christian? Or even religious? My whole family is Christian.
Yes you'd be a Christian. The only thing that isn't answered is if you'd be a good Christian or not. The topics of gay rights and abortion are being debated within Chrisitiandom right now. Some say they are okay, some say they aren't. This question is largely dependent on what views you subscribe to. If you subscribe to Catholicism or certain Protestant sects you'd be considered a bad Christian. If you are part of a more progressive Protestant sect, like the Episcopals, you're just fine.

Conservative Citizen

Well, a Christian is someone who believes in and accepts Jesus as the Messiah and lives to follow his teachings.

Do you feel that you have and are truthfully doing this?

You mentioned your viewpoints on a few controversial issues and I would suggest you look into what the Bible has to say, even if not directly, about these issues. Also, if you go to church, you'd be able to talk to someone about these things.

Cursing certainly doesn't make you any less of a Christian, but do you feel it honors God? You should aim to honor God with all that you do, which may involve giving up some things that the world has accepted as fine. Basically, you should try to do things and represent yourself in a way that pleases God.

♥

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The only requirement to being registered and recognized as a Christian is to adopt the figurehead Jesus as your "Lord and Savior", figuratively or otherwise.

Hitler, for example, was baptized Roman Catholic during his infancy in Austria. During his lifetime, he committed many great atrocities and abominable acts in the name of God on par with many violent saints within the Bible.

Hitler was never formally excommunicated, nor has he renounced his faith prior to his death. The Catholic Church worked closely with him, and never denounced him for murdering the Jews or otherwise.

The only requirement to being a Christian is to be gullible enough to accept the character of Jesus as your figurehead deity.

If not, then i welcome any church to excommunicate Hitler. It's not too late, just because he's dead.

Adored Admirer

The New Wineskin
Pseudo-Onkelos
The New Wineskin
Born of Aphrodite

Pseudo?

You called?

xd

^_^

Interesting Citizen

Only by the profession of your mouth.
Your heart doesn't seem to be in it, though. Nor do your described actions seem to show it.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
xXZirkannia
Only by the profession of your mouth.
Your heart doesn't seem to be in it, though. Nor do your described actions seem to show it.

You should formally excommunicate people who only confess with their mouths.

That would solve a history's worth of problems, wouldn't it?

But then you'd be excluding people who have a right to be Christian on the basis of messianic belief.

Well, at least you can be quite confident in one thing...

Widow

Tipsy Dog

I may suggest, that you might fit the infamous description of a lukewarm Christian. Shoot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff