Gold, yo. 0.11428571428571 11.4% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 35 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Sparkly Smoker

8,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Most teenagers do not, from what I've found.
But a lot of adults do. I think because it's illegal, people think it's immoral.
_Weirdo_0.o
Most teenagers do not, from what I've found.

Where have you looked?
Weed being illegal does not automatically make it immoral.

You should try the "bad" stereotypes of weed instead. Supposedly, it makes you dumber, it kills people (like alcohol), and it leads to more serious drugs, like METH.

I would argue that even though most of these accusations are wrong, irrelevant and biased, people always see "weed" as a poor choice, a poor lifestyle, and a result of mixing in with the "Bad people". And because of that, it must be "immoral" or the cause of immorality.

Morality is based off of so many different things. Even when smoking weed becomes legal, it will still have a "bad" stereotype somewhere. Like cigarettes and alcohol. Legalizing weed might force people to accept that some of these stereotypes are wrong, but not all will openly admit that is any less immoral.
No. There's really no good reason to call it immoral.

It's a bad idea to use it though. Although not so much because of the effects of the drug itself as because the government seems determined to prove it ruins lives by ruining the lives of people who use it.
I try to avoid making such silly head-thoughts.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
IronySandwich

It's a bad idea to use it though. Although not so much because of the effects of the drug itself as because the government seems determined to prove it ruins lives by ruining the lives of people who use it.

Erm... what he said, I guess?

I don't suppose I'd really anything is immoral. "Stupid" is a word I'd probably use first.

Although I would point out the affects. They're not as bad as anti-drug people would have you believe (check out Reefer Madness for a hilarious example), but it's not exactly helping. And really, if people are going to go on about how it's not addictive... why do they keep smoking it?

"I can quit any time I want" is something an addict would say. While they refuse to quit.

Doesn't even have to be chemical dependency, really. Apple customers are the same way. sweatdrop

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
I do not think it is immoral, but I do not think it is exactly right either.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Henry Hobo-Master

You should try the "bad" stereotypes of weed instead. Supposedly, it makes you dumber, it kills people (like alcohol), and it leads to more serious drugs, like METH.

I would argue that even though most of these accusations are wrong, irrelevant and biased, people always see "weed" as a poor choice, a poor lifestyle, and a result of mixing in with the "Bad people". And because of that, it must be "immoral" or the cause of immorality.

Morality is based off of so many different things. Even when smoking weed becomes legal, it will still have a "bad" stereotype somewhere. Like cigarettes and alcohol. Legalizing weed might force people to accept that some of these stereotypes are wrong, but not all will openly admit that is any less immoral.

So basically, all of the stereotypes that DARE officers teach you in grade school is what people go off of when it comes to deciding whether or not smoking marijuana is good or bad.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Xiam
IronySandwich

Erm... what he said, I guess?

I don't suppose I'd really anything is immoral. "Stupid" is a word I'd probably use first.

Although I would point out the affects. They're not as bad as anti-drug people would have you believe (check out Reefer Madness for a hilarious example), but it's not exactly helping. And really, if people are going to go on about how it's not addictive... why do they keep smoking it?

"I can quit any time I want" is something an addict would say. While they refuse to quit.

Doesn't even have to be chemical dependency, really. Apple customers are the same way. sweatdrop

It's not chemically addictive, but it can be psychologically addictive. People like the "high" they feel, so some people don't always want to give that up. But the body doesn't feed off of it. Quitting cigarettes cold turkey, and quitting marijuana cold turkey...Chances are, you're gonna have a bad time with quitting the cigarettes as opposed to quitting reefer.
Ontological Empiricism
Henry Hobo-Master

So basically, all of the stereotypes that DARE officers teach you in grade school is what people go off of when it comes to deciding whether or not smoking marijuana is good or bad.

Kinda like that. PE and Health teachers from grade school (k-12) will also throw in their "opinions" about how pot is bad, and drugs are bad... etc.

Our system of education is slightly biased, and it probably will be for a number of years. Teachers don't exactly have to tell the truth, but they will talk about what they think is right or wrong.
In Islam anything that Disrupts Clear Thinking and hazards the body is immoral and forbidden (This includes alcohol,weed,and smoking)
Khalid Ibn Walid
In Islam anything that Disrupts Clear Thinking and hazards the body is immoral and forbidden (This includes alcohol,weed,and smoking)

You forgot all forms of meat.

Oh wait, Islam doesn't forbid all types of meat? I guess your logic of "disrupts clear thinking" is failed then, and you are now a liar.

For once, just stop putting "Islam does this and that" in every thing you say. You end up saying some really unintended things.

In case you do not read the source... it is speculated that eating any meat causes mental illness.
Henry Hobo-Master
Khalid Ibn Walid

Oh wait, Islam doesn't forbid all types of meat? I guess your logic of "disrupts clear thinking" is failed then, and you are now a liar.

For once, just stop putting "Islam does this and that" in every thing you say. You end up saying some really unintended things.

In case you do not read the source... it is speculated that eating any meat causes mental illness.

What does meat have anything to do with weed?

We Muslims don't smoke weed because it disrupts our thinking
Khalid Ibn Walid
Henry Hobo-Master
Khalid Ibn Walid

What does meat have anything to do with weed?

We Muslims don't smoke weed because it disrupts our thinking
Khalid Ibn Walid

Jihad?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces