• Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
I guess, but I have the spare time to be miserable, but my fighting does help me understand different arguements better and how to try and argue my point better. I suppose I was swearing because, well, christianity makes no sense lol, when I am educated it makes no sense anyways. For those people it makes sense because its convenient, and why tolerate them if they are wrong? Like why tolerate rascism (even though you probably see what Im doing as something similar) I would have to simply ignore religious fanatics probably is a more reaonable solution with less conflict. Itd work better too because how can I convince christians, who are most of this damn country, on any issue that seems even slightly anti-christian. So I can pretend its nto related to christianity at all, but really all issues are interconnected itd be dishoenst to approach it that way, but theres no convincing them, they can only convince themselves. i suppose its not entirely hopless, and I should have patience, because gay marriage is slowly being legalized, hopefully thats message enough to give the christians a reason to cool down. But no, they will find something else to slow down on human rights because it goes against their religion or soemething, progress will be slow while we continue having religion, its not a one time problem, its an all the time problem. That is why christianity is stupid, it absolutely ruins lives and progress. But then some would argue atheists pollute more, so christians are actually doing a service because of that. Who knows if thats true, either way religion is like divide and rule, divide and conquer, that sort of stuff. We have no power if we are seperate, as you said, but religion is always going to be seperate. It shouldnt even have a say in politics, I thought we were supposed to have seperation of church and state, that didnt ******** work out. And its just like the Vatican saying not to give african americans condoms, or people saying god hates japan because of their earthquake, reactor, and tsunami incident. Well in that way its similar to guns dont kill people, peopel do. But lets be honest, little boys in africa with assault rifles, if they had machetes instead would be alot easier to fight against. If a weak person can pull a trigger more conveniently than stab someone to death, guns are actually promoting violence, more options means more people picking those options. Weak person could turn to poison isntead or something I suppose. But its so much easier to pull a gun and bang, than research poison, find poison, put poison in food, give it to person and convince them to eat it. So its less likely to be done than shootings, besides how can you covnince an enemy to eat poison? You can't you can only poison a loved one. Religion is the same way because its a tool used to force others, they forced us not to give africans condoms. They will have more people starving, and more people dieing of aids now. And somehow, you think the religious are entitled to their opinion? That its okay for religion to be sexist, soemoen coudl say they were goign to be sexist anyways, well not true. IF thats true they would have the same rate of sexism in those countries compared to atheist countries, which is beyond a doubt not true. Its because sexism is cultural, like religion. So, how am I in the wrong? Its a type of discrimination to hate on religion Im sure, but thats like hating on Hitler, who gives a ******** he was a bad person. Im allowed to hate people who promote bad things in the world. Might nto be healthy, but oh ******** well.

everyone's wrong about something. and like i said, maybe you're wrong too. everyone is probably wrong. that's why i don't bother with it.
but, outside of the bible belt and america, most christians are pretty chill. they're more into church dinners and s**t. they basically go to church to socialize. that's what it's like in canada. i mean, we have a few crazy ones, but we basically use them as comic relief because the people there are so ignorant.
if they just followed the main teaching of their lord jesus, which is to basically love everybody, they wouldn't be so bad.
Except you contradict yourself saying everyone si wrong about something, maybe I am wrong too, because therefore you could be wrong that everyone is wrong about something, which was your justification for ignoring my compeltely well thought out explanation. What if I am right? You shouldnt ignore all of my fantastic arguements, because they might eb wrong,t hats not what this forum, or life is about. Yeah I could also be wrong the earth is round, ******** you.

how am i wrong by saying, "i don't know"? i'm saying no point arguing over something that we can't prove and that we can live without knowing. i mean, say we did prove there was a God or no god. would that really help us in any way? it would probably just cause riots in the streets no matter what the answer. we're best off not knowing.
Okay, well if we are better off not knowing, you should go live in a ******** cave and eat s**t that you dont think is s**t because, its better than knowing its s**t right?

You didnt say 'i dont know', thats the problem. You say, you know that I might be wrong, so then you ignore everything i said basically.

Argeuing over this does help us in any way, just like finding out if god is real would help us. How about the vatican wouldnt exist if god was proven not real, itd be brought down just like hitler for human rights violations. They are sabotaging the efforts at africa for trying to reduce the spread of aids, by preventing condoms from reaching them. Yeah I might be wrong here that they are wrong in doing what they can to help africans. rolleyes But yeah, god might be real, gods even, doesnt meanchristianity has a remote chance of being real, and it doesnt mean their beliefs are justified.
Thing is I am proving it, and people are ignoring the proof. I gave my arguement, so well established that you cannot refute it then you say its an opinion it oculdnt possibly be bulletproof. No you are the hypocrit coughing up opinions, when i am providing for my arguements. I didnt see you refute one point of mine, you are saying the same s**t over and over, so sorry, but what you say isnt really reliable so far.

Also being in this forum saying argueing over s**t solves nothing, is a gross lie, it invalidates everything I have ever learned on this forum, or came to udnerstand on this forum, along with everyoen else. You are speaking for everyone here therefore, its hypocritical when you say I speak against all christians at once wrongly. And you are participating in an arguement right now, another reaosn why youa re being hypocritical, so GTFO or refute something or admit your mistake, you ******** hypocrit.

okay whatever. go be miserable. not my problem.
imma just head on down to the LD and talk to the idiots there instead.
and don't say i don't know, because you thought the Jews invented circumcision.

Greedy Consumer

classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
I guess, but I have the spare time to be miserable, but my fighting does help me understand different arguements better and how to try and argue my point better. I suppose I was swearing because, well, christianity makes no sense lol, when I am educated it makes no sense anyways. For those people it makes sense because its convenient, and why tolerate them if they are wrong? Like why tolerate rascism (even though you probably see what Im doing as something similar) I would have to simply ignore religious fanatics probably is a more reaonable solution with less conflict. Itd work better too because how can I convince christians, who are most of this damn country, on any issue that seems even slightly anti-christian. So I can pretend its nto related to christianity at all, but really all issues are interconnected itd be dishoenst to approach it that way, but theres no convincing them, they can only convince themselves. i suppose its not entirely hopless, and I should have patience, because gay marriage is slowly being legalized, hopefully thats message enough to give the christians a reason to cool down. But no, they will find something else to slow down on human rights because it goes against their religion or soemething, progress will be slow while we continue having religion, its not a one time problem, its an all the time problem. That is why christianity is stupid, it absolutely ruins lives and progress. But then some would argue atheists pollute more, so christians are actually doing a service because of that. Who knows if thats true, either way religion is like divide and rule, divide and conquer, that sort of stuff. We have no power if we are seperate, as you said, but religion is always going to be seperate. It shouldnt even have a say in politics, I thought we were supposed to have seperation of church and state, that didnt ******** work out. And its just like the Vatican saying not to give african americans condoms, or people saying god hates japan because of their earthquake, reactor, and tsunami incident. Well in that way its similar to guns dont kill people, peopel do. But lets be honest, little boys in africa with assault rifles, if they had machetes instead would be alot easier to fight against. If a weak person can pull a trigger more conveniently than stab someone to death, guns are actually promoting violence, more options means more people picking those options. Weak person could turn to poison isntead or something I suppose. But its so much easier to pull a gun and bang, than research poison, find poison, put poison in food, give it to person and convince them to eat it. So its less likely to be done than shootings, besides how can you covnince an enemy to eat poison? You can't you can only poison a loved one. Religion is the same way because its a tool used to force others, they forced us not to give africans condoms. They will have more people starving, and more people dieing of aids now. And somehow, you think the religious are entitled to their opinion? That its okay for religion to be sexist, soemoen coudl say they were goign to be sexist anyways, well not true. IF thats true they would have the same rate of sexism in those countries compared to atheist countries, which is beyond a doubt not true. Its because sexism is cultural, like religion. So, how am I in the wrong? Its a type of discrimination to hate on religion Im sure, but thats like hating on Hitler, who gives a ******** he was a bad person. Im allowed to hate people who promote bad things in the world. Might nto be healthy, but oh ******** well.

everyone's wrong about something. and like i said, maybe you're wrong too. everyone is probably wrong. that's why i don't bother with it.
but, outside of the bible belt and america, most christians are pretty chill. they're more into church dinners and s**t. they basically go to church to socialize. that's what it's like in canada. i mean, we have a few crazy ones, but we basically use them as comic relief because the people there are so ignorant.
if they just followed the main teaching of their lord jesus, which is to basically love everybody, they wouldn't be so bad.
Except you contradict yourself saying everyone si wrong about something, maybe I am wrong too, because therefore you could be wrong that everyone is wrong about something, which was your justification for ignoring my compeltely well thought out explanation. What if I am right? You shouldnt ignore all of my fantastic arguements, because they might eb wrong,t hats not what this forum, or life is about. Yeah I could also be wrong the earth is round, ******** you.

how am i wrong by saying, "i don't know"? i'm saying no point arguing over something that we can't prove and that we can live without knowing. i mean, say we did prove there was a God or no god. would that really help us in any way? it would probably just cause riots in the streets no matter what the answer. we're best off not knowing.
Okay, well if we are better off not knowing, you should go live in a ******** cave and eat s**t that you dont think is s**t because, its better than knowing its s**t right?

You didnt say 'i dont know', thats the problem. You say, you know that I might be wrong, so then you ignore everything i said basically.

Argeuing over this does help us in any way, just like finding out if god is real would help us. How about the vatican wouldnt exist if god was proven not real, itd be brought down just like hitler for human rights violations. They are sabotaging the efforts at africa for trying to reduce the spread of aids, by preventing condoms from reaching them. Yeah I might be wrong here that they are wrong in doing what they can to help africans. rolleyes But yeah, god might be real, gods even, doesnt meanchristianity has a remote chance of being real, and it doesnt mean their beliefs are justified.
Thing is I am proving it, and people are ignoring the proof. I gave my arguement, so well established that you cannot refute it then you say its an opinion it oculdnt possibly be bulletproof. No you are the hypocrit coughing up opinions, when i am providing for my arguements. I didnt see you refute one point of mine, you are saying the same s**t over and over, so sorry, but what you say isnt really reliable so far.

Also being in this forum saying argueing over s**t solves nothing, is a gross lie, it invalidates everything I have ever learned on this forum, or came to udnerstand on this forum, along with everyoen else. You are speaking for everyone here therefore, its hypocritical when you say I speak against all christians at once wrongly. And you are participating in an arguement right now, another reaosn why youa re being hypocritical, so GTFO or refute something or admit your mistake, you ******** hypocrit.

I never once said they invented it retard.
Yeah talk to the idiots, there, see, you are judging just like you tell me not to, have fun hypocrit. Im only miserable because of how stupid you are, where did my first post make me seem miserable? the very first time you responded to me? Cuz I wasn't miserable until you, an asshat, came over and told me Im wrong because I might be wrong. Do you even understand how stupid that is?

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms

Yeah talk to the idiots, there, see, you are judging just like you tell me not to, have fun hypocrit. Im only miserable because of how stupid you are, where did my first post make me seem miserable? the very first time you responded to me? Cuz I wasn't miserable until you, an asshat, came over and told me Im wrong because I might be wrong. Do you even understand how stupid that is?

i ain't got time for this anymore. springer's over and i need to head myself down to micky d's to pick up some happy meals and mcchickens for me, my bf, and my two little girls. because instead of worrying about religion, i take care of my family.

Greedy Consumer

classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms

i ain't got time for this anymore. springer's over and i need to head myself down to micky d's to pick up some happy meals and mcchickens for me, my bf, and my two little girls. because instead of worrying about religion, i take care of my family.
And I care you clog your little girls arteries with tasty instead of healthy food because?

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms

And I care you clog your little girls arteries with tasty instead of healthy food because?

micky d's is healthy. i aint gonna make my little girls eat ******** vegetables. that's ******** cruel. i aint one of those b***h moms. i'm a ******** cool mom.

Greedy Consumer

classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms

micky d's is healthy. i aint gonna make my little girls eat ******** vegetables. that's ******** cruel. i aint one of those b***h moms. i'm a ******** cool mom.
So ******** cool, the mom who ignores facts and gives their kids tasty food because thats the only way she can get her kids to calm down or love her, instead of ensuring that your kids end up healthy in the future. Yeah and you aren't argueing with me at all, because that'd not solve anything. You are just giving me facts to try and convince me you are a good ******** awesome mom who doesnt like argueing. Yeah, we aren't debating over here in a ******** debate forum at all, no we are being merry and having some cool awesome artery clogging pie, yessiree. Not trying to prove each other wrong at all because, thats so uncivil, why if hitler were before me I wouldnt disagree with him at all because it snot my place to say hes a bad person, just like its not my place to refute christians because their god might be correct which might not actually be a murderous jealous god, no christians are blimey perfect because I cannot argue with what they say whatsoever because itd be unfair towards their beliefs that arent so cruelly tested repeatedly like science is. Yes we are just having a real trite merry discussion, not argueing at all. Yes. Thats what we are and were doing. Because if it wasnt so I would actually be a hypocrit as he says, and I dont want to think that Im a bad mom, is inconveivable! Actually all moms cannot be bad, because I dont have the right to tell them if they are wrong! This means Im a good mom! Right? Im a good mom, Im not argueing, Im cool, Im a good person therefore. Yup, thats exactly how Im supposed to reason in just a circumstance, it'd be inconceivable otherwise. What if I am wrong? No I wont think of that. Yup, not argueing with this lad here at all, just expressing differing opinions thats what it is. But this lad is downright being uncool saying Im wrong, how dare he? Doesnt know he is wrong by comparison ebcause he is obviously not cool, he is in a debate forum, Yeah let me go to the LD now, Im saying it because I know he cares yup. No Im not being sarcastic at all. Me saying Im a good mom must surely make him think better of me, if he thinks badly of me I dont have the skills to counterargue it, Im such a bad perosn, I cant let him think i think that though, no sir, he called me a hypocrit, Im just an innocent cool mother. Yup thats all I am, can't be wrong there.

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms

So ******** cool, the mom who ignores facts and gives their kids tasty food because thats the only way she can get her kids to calm down or love her, instead of ensuring that your kids end up healthy in the future. Yeah and you aren't argueing with me at all, because that'd not solve anything. You are just giving me facts to try and convince me you are a good ******** awesome mom who doesnt like argueing. Yeah, we aren't debating over here in a ******** debate forum at all, no we are being merry and having some cool awesome artery clogging pie, yessiree. Not trying to prove each other wrong at all because, thats so uncivil, why if hitler were before me I wouldnt disagree with him at all because it snot my place to say hes a bad person, just like its not my place to refute christians because their god might be correct which might not actually be a murderous jealous god, no christians are blimey perfect because I cannot argue with what they say whatsoever because itd be unfair towards their beliefs that arent so cruelly tested repeatedly like science is. Yes we are just having a real trite merry discussion, not argueing at all. Yes. Thats what we are and were doing. Because if it wasnt so I would actually be a hypocrit as he says, and I dont want to think that Im a bad mom, is inconveivable! Actually all moms cannot be bad, because I dont have the right to tell them if they are wrong! This means Im a good mom! Right? Im a good mom, Im not argueing, Im cool, Im a good person therefore. Yup, thats exactly how Im supposed to reason in just a circumstance, it'd be inconceivable otherwise. What if I am wrong? No I wont think of that. Yup, not argueing with this lad here at all, just expressing differing opinions thats what it is. But this lad is downright being uncool saying Im wrong, how dare he? Doesnt know he is wrong by comparison ebcause he is obviously not cool, he is in a debate forum, Yeah let me go to the LD now, Im saying it because I know he cares yup. No Im not being sarcastic at all.

whatever. i don't have time for this. i'm tryna help my little girl open up her happy meal toy. and steve wilkos is on too.

Greedy Consumer

classic trashic
yeah mcdonalds must be healthy compared to vegetables, saying it makes it true, Ill give you that one, you clever non-arguer.

Greedy Consumer

classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
We Are Organisms

So ******** cool, the mom who ignores facts and gives their kids tasty food because thats the only way she can get her kids to calm down or love her, instead of ensuring that your kids end up healthy in the future. Yeah and you aren't argueing with me at all, because that'd not solve anything. You are just giving me facts to try and convince me you are a good ******** awesome mom who doesnt like argueing. Yeah, we aren't debating over here in a ******** debate forum at all, no we are being merry and having some cool awesome artery clogging pie, yessiree. Not trying to prove each other wrong at all because, thats so uncivil, why if hitler were before me I wouldnt disagree with him at all because it snot my place to say hes a bad person, just like its not my place to refute christians because their god might be correct which might not actually be a murderous jealous god, no christians are blimey perfect because I cannot argue with what they say whatsoever because itd be unfair towards their beliefs that arent so cruelly tested repeatedly like science is. Yes we are just having a real trite merry discussion, not argueing at all. Yes. Thats what we are and were doing. Because if it wasnt so I would actually be a hypocrit as he says, and I dont want to think that Im a bad mom, is inconveivable! Actually all moms cannot be bad, because I dont have the right to tell them if they are wrong! This means Im a good mom! Right? Im a good mom, Im not argueing, Im cool, Im a good person therefore. Yup, thats exactly how Im supposed to reason in just a circumstance, it'd be inconceivable otherwise. What if I am wrong? No I wont think of that. Yup, not argueing with this lad here at all, just expressing differing opinions thats what it is. But this lad is downright being uncool saying Im wrong, how dare he? Doesnt know he is wrong by comparison ebcause he is obviously not cool, he is in a debate forum, Yeah let me go to the LD now, Im saying it because I know he cares yup. No Im not being sarcastic at all.

whatever. i don't have time for this. i'm tryna help my little girl open up her happy meal toy. and steve wilkos is on too.
Yeah, you dont have the time for education, self-honesty, you have the time to watch tv. Actually, tv is obviously so important, so much more than admitting your mistakes. Inf act, watch tv the rest of your happy cool life. smile
We Are Organisms
Yeah, you dont have the time for education, self-honesty, you have the time to watch tv. Actually, tv is obviously so important, so much more than admitting your mistakes. Inf act, watch tv the rest of your happy cool life. smile

OI DUDE. Mod here--you've been violating the rule of respect:

Quote:
o2. Don’t shove your beliefs in their face! Please refrain from using your belief system as a weapon, a means of conversion, or as a means to discredit the opinions and beliefs of others

Please show some respect, or you'll be banned from this thread. I'm really sorry, but I'm not tolerating this kind of behavior and treatment of others in my thread.

Agree to disagree and calm the hell down. You might wanna review the rules in the first post while you're at it.

Distinct Seeker

We Are Organisms
Ate Your Fries
We Are Organisms
Ate Your Fries
We Are Organisms
Ate Your Fries

What did you expect them to do? Ask a newborn baby if he wants some extra skin on his p***s? If I was uncircumcised, who'd care? I wouldn't.

I believe in God because I know He is real and I can feel His presence. The proofs for God, are all around us. We all are not just a body, but we are a person who consists of 3 parts: Body, soul, and spirit. We Christian can "Feel the presence of God" which is part of that discernment of the spirit. If there is spirit in us then there must be the spiritual world, which is eternity because spirit is the energy that cannot be destroyed, it will exist forever and ever. Body is only a shell for us to live on this earth, once the spirit left the body, the body will just rot away to dust again, for it was made from dust, thus come back also to dust.
The bible said spirit was the breath of God, where we were all created in His image, that we are all bestowed with knowledge and creativity to create things on earth. This is another proof how wonderfully God has created us human being. Evidence for God : While absolute proof of the existence of God cannot be realized by any human being, the great weight of evidence, when rationally evaluated, clearly balances the scales heavily in favor of God. We can demonstrate "beyond a reasonable doubt" that "He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Oh we will see if there's an afterlife or not when we die.

Btw do you hate christians or something?

You dont get it, ALOT of people care, 'who cares' is not even close to a sufficient arguement.
People need to make a covenent with god when they are able to comprehend covenants. Not a baby being forced as one, its not about 'extra skin' because that skin has a biological purpose.

What does god feel like then?

No one cares what the bible said, just like you dont ******** care what allah or buddha or shiva ******** said, you dumb ********, that isnt proof.

You ask me if I hate christians. I say why shouldnt I when you bend the idea of reality for convience's ******** sake? This is the opposite of education, people pretending god has the answers so they dont have to think for themselves.

Sorry for cursing, but obviously, there is something wrong what your ideas. You prolly dont even know what foreskin looks like, how can you say it looks better when you avoid d**k like the plague? Foreskin isn't 'extra skin' it has a biological purpose as I already said. Its an unnecesary surgery like plastic surgery, purely cosmetic. But anyways here is the history of circumcision http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_male_circumcision the bible didnt do it for scientific reasons. This is more than obvious. So why even argue for 'scientific reasons' again you dont even bring up the covenent that is the point of christian circumcision. You are ******** stupid.

I hate stupid people, more than I hate christians, as I hate christians when they are being stupid, it should make sense. xp And I hate dishonesty, inaccuracy, bias, things of that nature generally. You already see I have mentioned bias before.

Yet again, you block out what I tell you. You asked me why I believe in God, I answer your question, and so you throw a fit and swear for no reason at all. I'm sorry you cant comprehend the existence of God. A boy at my christian school is uncircumcised. Yes, there's christians who are uncircumcised. Never met one guy who hates being circumcised. There's atheist parents who circumcise their children, you know that right? What are you trying to prove here?

Your trying to complain that you were forced to take part in a covenant with a "god" you don't believe in? Let me ask you this, do you celebrate christmas even though its a christian holiday?

So you do confirm you hate christians, huh? Reminds me of a verse.

Mark 13:13
King James Bible

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

I do my own thinking.
if ye are hated of all men, that includes people who share your beliefs as well.

The christians were being addressed to. Christians can't hate other christians because of jesus's name sake, except if they weren't truly christian.
Where does it say that in the bible? But ok, there are like so many subdivisions of christianity, Im sure some have hated each other in the past. How do you know which subdivision of christianity is the true one?

You constantly ask where in the Bible it says it. Whatever happened to "who cares what the Bible says?" Which part are you talking about, the part that christians shouldn't hate or the part that he's adressing the people who accept him, christians?

Distinct Seeker

Ate Your Fries
We Are Organisms
Ate Your Fries
We Are Organisms
Ate Your Fries

Yet again, you block out what I tell you. You asked me why I believe in God, I answer your question, and so you throw a fit and swear for no reason at all. I'm sorry you cant comprehend the existence of God. A boy at my christian school is uncircumcised. Yes, there's christians who are uncircumcised. Never met one guy who hates being circumcised. There's atheist parents who circumcise their children, you know that right? What are you trying to prove here?

Your trying to complain that you were forced to take part in a covenant with a "god" you don't believe in? Let me ask you this, do you celebrate christmas even though its a christian holiday?

King James Bible

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

I do my own thinking.
if ye are hated of all men, that includes people who share your beliefs as well.

The christians were being addressed to. Christians can't hate other christians because of jesus's name sake, except if they weren't truly christian.
Where does it say that in the bible? But ok, there are like so many subdivisions of christianity, Im sure some have hated each other in the past. How do you know which subdivision of christianity is the true one?

You constantly ask where in the Bible it says it. Whatever happened to "who cares what the Bible says?" Which part are you talking about, the part that christians shouldn't hate or the part that he's adressing the people who accept him, christians?

You mean denominations? There is no true denomination. Forget about what you believe the bible says, read it, and accept what it says itself. There's so many denominations because how people interpret the Bible.

Greedy Consumer

Ate Your Fries
We Are Organisms
Ate Your Fries
We Are Organisms
Ate Your Fries

King James Bible

I do my own thinking.

Because I was trying to use the bible you believe, to show it is contradicting to itself or your beliefs.

'ye shall be hated of all men' is what I was addressing.

I forget much of what we argued over yesterday because its been a long sort of arduous, and sorry for swearing so much. But I still think christianity is bad because I feel christianity holds back some things. Just like how the vatican tries to withhold people sending condoms to africa to reduce the spread of aids and to reduce having babies who are going to just starve. Its not directly related to christianity however, so I should think of more examples. How people don't advocate the use of stem cells for example, because they say its like killing a baby. Them thinking science is faith based, its not really science was made to try and find facts, religion was made for or is used as explanations that facts provide, comparatively. Another thing is forms of christianity promote alot of conflict, such as thinking I could go to hell for masturbation, which is traumatizing. The puritans would whip themselves to remove 'sinful thoughts', I know you are not a puritan, but thats what our ancestors were like. Now if people did that they would be locked away in a mental hospital. And what happens when our feelings promote sinful thoughts? We would punish ourselves, which creates a great internal struggle. I dont think thats righteous.

Our internal struggles can cause us to snap, can cause us to forget those around us. Can cause break-downs. I think its not productive for society, and each generation has to deal with this. I guess I could blame social culture more than religion, because peopel who leave the religion are still passing on some of those corrupt ideals to their children. The bible also says its okay to beat your wife with a stick if she doesnt obey you, doesnt mean its correct. Yet people still try and justify their actions refering to the bible. Its detrimental to society. Bullies tend to be people who were bullied as well, and they do it as a form of coping, they need therapy not jail time, but for some its too late. And god, the one fromt he bible, seems like a bully to me. DO this or you will burn in hell, you must follow me, Im loving but die if you disobey me. Its an authoritative father-like figure, thats why males are so messed up these days, they have ridiculous expectations to be manly, and ignore their feelings. Ignoring feelings causes people to do things they regret, causes them to dislike themselves, even hate themselves. Psychologically, your quote promotes hate, because it is the topic of the quote. It forms our associations of hate. 'ye shall be hated of all men', is also a divide and conquer strategy. It promotes conflict, seperation from other groups. A minor disagreement cna be misconstrued as a judgemental thought and you get defensive trying to defend your belief because of the misunderstanding. Then they think, this guy hates me, I wont have anything to do with this heathen! They seperate. Divide and conquer is used, historically, as a means for war or political gain, by promoting conflict to make groups that normally could rebel against them, smaller and less competent at it, with politics it causes an us vs them mentality.

Also about the quote, christianity is widespread as well, so itd be hard to say that they will be hated by many, christianity was a minority back when the bible was made probably. Now its not the case.
Vestri Umbra

"YOU FORGOT A PERIOD DEKEWK okay I'm done. XD"

:p

Oddly, i did not get a notification about your response. I happened upon it accidentally. <.<

This relates to the discussion in general, but not precisely what we have spoken of. I just have two questions;

Why Christianity?
Why Theism?

But you had a perfect string of grammar and then you ruined it by forgetting a period at the end of the post! My grammar instincts are not okay with this! D:

A huge reason why I've stuck with Christianity is because it's what speaks to me the most. As I became more educated and realized I disagreed with certain aspects of the Catholic Church, I looked at other religions as a solution, but none of it was the same. None of it felt right for me. So of course I had to then go back to my own religion and examine what was there, because some of the things the Church was telling me couldn't possibly be right, because it didn't sit well with my own conscience and what I felt God was telling me personally.

I think theism is also something that appeals to me in general because of how I am, and the fact that I'm a storyteller (which is what I was born to do). A successful story has to have a backstructure, good balance, and a method to it that has kind of a grandeur, and I feel like I've observed the same thing in life.

Things have a way of balancing out in funny and uncanny ways--for example, my one aunt just separated from her husband and they're filing divorce, but my other aunt just got proposed to by her boyfriend. I've found that life is like . . . ironic and tragic and funny all at the same time, but it's also always balanced in some way, and I feel like it's too perfect for someone NOT to be running the show. XD

And if you are right, well. By the time I find out I'll be dead so it won't really matter? It's why I'm okay with the possibility of being wrong--even just this life can be enough. :') And HEY if I'm right all the atheists get a bonus cause seriously I'm sure most of you aren't gonna keep doubting if you're literally in the afterlife. XD
We Are Organisms
Because I was trying to use the bible you believe, to show it is contradicting to itself or your beliefs.

'ye shall be hated of all men' is what I was addressing.

I forget much of what we argued over yesterday because its been a long sort of arduous, and sorry for swearing so much. But I still think christianity is bad because I feel christianity holds back some things. Just like how the vatican tries to withhold people sending condoms to africa to reduce the spread of aids and to reduce having babies who are going to just starve. Its not directly related to christianity however, so I should think of more examples. How people don't advocate the use of stem cells for example, because they say its like killing a baby. Them thinking science is faith based, its not really science was made to try and find facts, religion was made for or is used as explanations that facts provide, comparatively. Another thing is forms of christianity promote alot of conflict, such as thinking I could go to hell for masturbation, which is traumatizing. The puritans would whip themselves to remove 'sinful thoughts', I know you are not a puritan, but thats what our ancestors were like. Now if people did that they would be locked away in a mental hospital. And what happens when our feelings promote sinful thoughts? We would punish ourselves, which creates a great internal struggle. I dont think thats righteous.

Our internal struggles can cause us to snap, can cause us to forget those around us. Can cause break-downs. I think its not productive for society, and each generation has to deal with this. I guess I could blame social culture more than religion, because peopel who leave the religion are still passing on some of those corrupt ideals to their children. The bible also says its okay to beat your wife with a stick if she doesnt obey you, doesnt mean its correct. Yet people still try and justify their actions refering to the bible. Its detrimental to society. Bullies tend to be people who were bullied as well, and they do it as a form of coping, they need therapy not jail time, but for some its too late. And god, the one fromt he bible, seems like a bully to me. DO this or you will burn in hell, you must follow me, Im loving but die if you disobey me. Its an authoritative father-like figure, thats why males are so messed up these days, they have ridiculous expectations to be manly, and ignore their feelings. Ignoring feelings causes people to do things they regret, causes them to dislike themselves, even hate themselves. Psychologically, your quote promotes hate, because it is the topic of the quote. It forms our associations of hate. 'ye shall be hated of all men', is also a divide and conquer strategy. It promotes conflict, seperation from other groups. A minor disagreement cna be misconstrued as a judgemental thought and you get defensive trying to defend your belief because of the misunderstanding. Then they think, this guy hates me, I wont have anything to do with this heathen! They seperate. Divide and conquer is used, historically, as a means for war or political gain, by promoting conflict to make groups that normally could rebel against them, smaller and less competent at it, with politics it causes an us vs them mentality.

Also about the quote, christianity is widespread as well, so itd be hard to say that they will be hated by many, christianity was a minority back when the bible was made probably. Now its not the case.

Thank you for showing respect. c:

It seems like you have a very upset, tragic view of religion, and I can understand where you're coming from. I think there's been a lot that's been done with religion that isn't okay. I don't think the issue is religion in itself, I think the issue is that people think religion is easy because it's an automatic answer to everything . . . when I don't think it is.

I think religion certainly helps a lot, but half the point of religion is that God is challenging you to be the best person you can be. You can't let your own human ego get in the way of doing God's work, thus it's wrong to use your religion to police other people. You can't just shove your beliefs down someone's throat and expect them to follow--that's not loving or caring, that's your human fallacies.

For the record, I don't think the Bible is infallible. It has a lot of REALLY AWESOME things to say, but I believe our human flaws are also in it. So there are mistakes in the Bible and it's not consistent, just like every other thing our human hands have touched.

Does that mean you should discredit it completely? Not necessarily--there have been plenty of mistakes in science too, but our entire society takes what the science community says at face value when much of science is still theory. But that also doesn't mean science has any less value just because it makes mistakes.

I also think religion has warped what sin is quite a lot, again because of human ego. A sin is defined as something that separates you from others and sows isolation, despair, and loneliness. As you've described, a lot of religion creates those things--and that's really sad, since it's doing the opposite of its original intention.

The ultimate point of Christianity is to create a warm, safe, loving environment for everyone you know--to be Christ to others, to love one another and God (hint: by loving others you love God |D). You must do this regardless of the ways someone may have wronged you, the decisions someone has made, or the way they were born.

It's a really simple concept to understand, but astronomically difficult to maintain.

And lastly, I actually interpret that verse in the context of prosecution--ie, when you act in the name of God (whether you realize it or not) and people prosecute you for it, you shall be rewarded with God's eternal love.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff