Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Prophet

Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Jesus said he was the Son of God when asked, but that does not inherently mean that he is the only son, let alone the only child. If we are all God's children, then what separates Jesus as a son from the rest of men and/or women?

Jesus's divine birth, separates His birth from the ordinary human. Mary conceived without a man's sperm, or sexual intercourse; therefore, making His birth a "virgin birth". He is God's divine son. We are all His (God the Father's) children. 3nodding Jesus is like our big brother. The angels were also called the "sons of God" too; but Jesus is The Son, He is above angels. He is the only being of His kind.

Quote:
It says "...has come and given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; as we are in him who is true" which would mean that Jesus demonstrated the healing power of God, the Christ nature. It's contradictory to say that the Son of God has come, and then within the same context to say that the Son of God is God, which would also be the Father.

The son is not the father, the father is not the son; they are two separate beings. This chart might help.
User Image

Quote:
It seems false and sacrilegious to say that a human was God. So I stand firm, was Jesus just not the human vehicle used to demonstrate the healing power of God and Christ, that Jesus himself, the human, was not God or Christ, but that he understood both more than anyone else.
The godhead is the trinity, yes? But then who is to say that God is the father, The Holy Ghost is the message or word, and Jesus, the human, is the son? If it really was a godhead, wouldn't it be Christ as the son? Not jesus, a human?

Jesus is not fully human, he was part divine while he was on earth. He is the Son in the trinity/Godhead. (The Son of The Father) Christ is just a Greek inspired term for the word messiah, Jesus Christ is one name/person. Jesus is the Messiah.

SO then what is the basis for this godhead? What makes it so that the godhead trinity is true?
That chart says that the three are separate, yet all are God. That's contradictory. If the son is god, the father is god, and the holy spirit god. Then the father would also be the son and the holy spirit, etcetera.

So why can't they be one, and the father not the son?

what? the father can't be the son. For the same reason that the mother can't be the daughter.

You got it.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
JediDillon
Is there any scripture in the Bible where Jesus outright or explicitly says that he is God? To worship Jesus as if he were God?
I've always been under the impression that Jesus and Christ were separate. Jesus was the human man and Christ was the Divine Nature that he was teaching and spreading. That Christ was the power and Jesus was only the vehicle.
I've met a lot of Christians who will tell me that Jesus is God.
But then, if Jesus is God, isn't that the same as worshipping a man?

I think Howard Storm who is a former atheist could explain it best:

eh

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah

Jesus's divine birth, separates His birth from the ordinary human. Mary conceived without a man's sperm, or sexual intercourse; therefore, making His birth a "virgin birth". He is God's divine son. We are all His (God the Father's) children. 3nodding Jesus is like our big brother. The angels were also called the "sons of God" too; but Jesus is The Son, He is above angels. He is the only being of His kind.

The son is not the father, the father is not the son; they are two separate beings. This chart might help.
User Image

Jesus is not fully human, he was part divine while he was on earth. He is the Son in the trinity/Godhead. (The Son of The Father) Christ is just a Greek inspired term for the word messiah, Jesus Christ is one name/person. Jesus is the Messiah.

SO then what is the basis for this godhead? What makes it so that the godhead trinity is true?
That chart says that the three are separate, yet all are God. That's contradictory. If the son is god, the father is god, and the holy spirit god. Then the father would also be the son and the holy spirit, etcetera.

what? the father can't be the son. For the same reason that the mother can't be the daughter.

You got it.

So then you agree with me; that Jesus is not God?

Familiar Prophet

Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah

User Image

You got it.

I don't get why it's so concrete? The Son can't be God because the Father is? If the Father wanted to make His divine Son, God, He could. Jesus inherited everything from His Father when He died, including full God capabilities.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah

You got it.

I don't get why it's so concrete? The Son can't be God because the Father is? If the Father wanted to make His divine Son, God, He could. Jesus inherited everything from His Father when He died, including full God capabilities.

How? And then if that's even so, when the rest of "God's children" die in the human, do they not gain the Christ capabilities or continue on a spiritual journey to acquire such abilities?

Familiar Prophet

Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah

You got it.

How? And then if that's even so, when the rest of "God's children" die in the human, do they not gain the Christ capabilities or continue on a spiritual journey to acquire such abilities?

Jesus's death was not ordinary. He died and was resurrected, he has an immortal body. When we die, we (our souls) go to Paradise or Sheol. We will have bodies like the angels when the rapture, judgement, and new earth occurs. We will be more like Him, but not Gods. Read the Bible, it'll tell you more.

Distinct Seeker

Christien Chalfant
IVovacane
Christien Chalfant
IVovacane
This is one of my favorite topics in the bible. Well, here it goes...

When Jesus claimed to be God incarnate, either:

1. He was telling the truth. 2. He was lying -- He wasn't God and knew it. 3. He was a lunatic -- He wasn't God but thought He was.

You chose to believe it or not.

I'm not gonna quote all those verses.
But in respect to the passaged from John; couldn't those be saying that the Christ, the Divine Nature of God, is what Jesus was representing and showing to the people? When he said for when you see me you see God, couldn't that mean "the healing that I do is the work of God, not of me"?
So Jesus was never saying that he was God Incarnate but only showing the power of God to men. The same as when he said "I and the Father are one." If all humans are the children of God, then aren't we all one with God in the same way Jesus was? It's just that Jesus demonstrated the power of God, the Christ nature, better than anyone else in human history?
In respect to Revelations:
Revelations is the only book in the Bible that I feel has no credit. It's not "historical" like the rest of the Bible, it's a vision, or a prophecy of sorts. When John was exiled, he could have gone loony and just wrote down his hallucinations.
So all I'm saying is that, Revelations, basically means diddly squat for me as a Christian compared to the rest of the Bible. I feel like it's give or take, you either believe it or don't.

If we were "one" with God, we wouldn't be able to sin. Yet we do. And God cannot sin.
Of course Jesus gave God-The Father credit because he was a man at that time. God-The father was above him. If you consider the Bible historical, why won't you claim Revelation to be? Isn't that basically doubting it will happen? If you doubt anything in the Bible, why not doubt the whole thing?

Other prophecies came true in the bible, why won't that?

Because the rest of the Bible is a documentation of events, an inclusion of prophecies that came true. There could've been many other said prophecies that were never included because they didn't happen.
Eh. I don't believe in sin. Evil is nonexistent for me. I believe in it's nothingness. That fear tries to control the human, but if the human stays in the proper spiritual sense then the human is fine.
But I believe in three separate realms. The Spiritual, The Human, and the Material. The human is not bad nor is it good. It just depends whether the human lowers or raises themself based upon their fear or their spiritual awareness.
Because Revelation is a prophecy with no conclusion to it. The others had conclusion, correct?

If only there wasn't any sin. Wait are you christian or not? I'm confused. That's a whole bucket full of contradictory and irony if you are a christian. So you wouldn't consider the guy who killed the kids in connecticut "evil"? You wouldn't consider Hitler "bad"?
Are you kidding me? Revelation is the conclusion. Have you ever actually read it? :l
Just go on google and you will see the same conclusion all over.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah

You got it.

Jesus's death was not ordinary. He died and was resurrected, he has an immortal body. When we die, we (our souls) go to Paradise or Sheol. We will have bodies like the angels when the rapture, judgement, and new earth occurs. We will be more like Him, but not Gods. Read the Bible, it'll tell you more.

You say read the Bible, yet you don't give a verse that says we the children are not as good as another child, Jesus.
There have been others that have died and resurrected. Many cross-over experiences that have been documented in the medical field and such. Are those people the same special kind of child as Jesus?
Do we not have immortal bodies? Who's to say that we do or don't?
Besides, there can only be one God, and that the is Father Mother God. Not Jesus. Jesus was a human who demonstrated the healing power of Christ. He himself was not Christ, just a vehicle. Just like Paul was not Christ, but demonstrated the powers of healing with it.
Just like Peter briefly walking on water for a moment, demonstrating the powers of Christ.
Christ is the Divine Nature of God. Jesus is not Christ. God is God, the Christ is the spiritual nature of the Divine, and the Holy Spirit is the message and word.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
IVovacane
Christien Chalfant
IVovacane
Christien Chalfant
IVovacane

1. He was telling the truth. 2. He was lying -- He wasn't God and knew it. 3. He was a lunatic -- He wasn't God but thought He was.

But in respect to the passaged from John; couldn't those be saying that the Christ, the Divine Nature of God, is what Jesus was representing and showing to the people? When he said for when you see me you see God, couldn't that mean "the healing that I do is the work of God, not of me"?
So Jesus was never saying that he was God Incarnate but only showing the power of God to men. The same as when he said "I and the Father are one." If all humans are the children of God, then aren't we all one with God in the same way Jesus was? It's just that Jesus demonstrated the power of God, the Christ nature, better than anyone else in human history?
Revelations is the only book in the Bible that I feel has no credit. It's not "historical" like the rest of the Bible, it's a vision, or a prophecy of sorts. When John was exiled, he could have gone loony and just wrote down his hallucinations.
So all I'm saying is that, Revelations, basically means diddly squat for me as a Christian compared to the rest of the Bible. I feel like it's give or take, you either believe it or don't.

If we were "one" with God, we wouldn't be able to sin. Yet we do. And God cannot sin.
Of course Jesus gave God-The Father credit because he was a man at that time. God-The father was above him. If you consider the Bible historical, why won't you claim Revelation to be? Isn't that basically doubting it will happen? If you doubt anything in the Bible, why not doubt the whole thing?

Because the rest of the Bible is a documentation of events, an inclusion of prophecies that came true. There could've been many other said prophecies that were never included because they didn't happen.
Eh. I don't believe in sin. Evil is nonexistent for me. I believe in it's nothingness. That fear tries to control the human, but if the human stays in the proper spiritual sense then the human is fine.
But I believe in three separate realms. The Spiritual, The Human, and the Material. The human is not bad nor is it good. It just depends whether the human lowers or raises themself based upon their fear or their spiritual awareness.
Because Revelation is a prophecy with no conclusion to it. The others had conclusion, correct?

If only there wasn't any sin. Wait are you christian or not? I'm confused. That's a whole bucket full of contradictory and irony if you are a christian. So you wouldn't consider the guy who killed the kids in connecticut "evil"? You wouldn't consider Hitler "bad"?
Are you kidding me? Revelation is the conclusion. Have you ever actually read it? :l

Revelations in short: Visions of St. John the Divine of what he see's to come, prediction of future events, which may or may not refer to actual people or events, which is an allegory of the struggle between good and evil.
I am a Christian. But not a mainstream denomination. This is a problem I have with people, a lot of them think that when you say Christian, that there's a set of things that we all believe. Ugh not true.
Adam Lanza the human was not evil. Hitler the human was not bad. It was their actions that were bad. Forgiveness and love, is what I believe in, is what conquers fear and even the belief in sin.

Familiar Prophet

Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah

You got it.

You say read the Bible, yet you don't give a verse that says we the children are not as good as another child, Jesus.
There have been others that have died and resurrected. Many cross-over experiences that have been documented in the medical field and such. Are those people the same special kind of child as Jesus?
Besides, there can only be one God, and that the is Father Mother God. Not Jesus. Jesus was a human who demonstrated the healing power of Christ. He himself was not Christ, just a vehicle. Just like Paul was not Christ, but demonstrated the powers of healing with it.
Just like Peter briefly walking on water for a moment, demonstrating the powers of Christ.
Christ is the Divine Nature of God. Jesus is not Christ. God is God, the Christ is the spiritual nature of the Divine, and the Holy Spirit is the message and word.

Well don't feel jealous, the Bible warns against covetousness. It's one of the 10 commandments. Does God show favoritism? No. (Ephesians 6:9) He loves all of us. "For God so loved the world, that he gave His begotten son" (John 3:16), world = meaning people of the world as well.

Unfortunately we all fall short of the glory of God, because of the original sin (through Adam and Eve's error), we are all sinners; though, Jesus was sinless. (That does not mean God does not love us; that's why He sent His son to pay the price). God made Him to be this way, on purpose, so he could save us. Jesus said if you want to be "good", obey the commandments. Jesus said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you want to enter into life, obey the commandments." Matthew 19:17
Your soul is immortal; your human body, on this earth, is not. The only one who can destroy both your soul and body is God. Matthew 10:28

In response to what you've said about Paul and Peter above; Paul and Peter were not resurrected, and they were both martyred for their faith. One of the reasons they could do those things you mentioned is because of the Christ inherited, "Holy Spirit".John the Baptist quote: “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Are you Muslim by any chance?
IVovacane

Umm... This is all interpreted nonsense, based in a different time period that doesn't make much sense to modern western philosophy.

You are forgetting 3 important things about the Bible:

-There is no such things as an original transcript, nor does this change the fact that the Bible has been changed in so many ways, there is no telling what it originally said or meant. Monks LOVED to change the Bible to better fit their "inspiration". The monks are a bunch of illiterate fools, who make mistakes all of the time. The religious organizations of the time could have changed the Bible to better suit their beliefs.

-The Bible is an Biography, created years and years AFTER Christ had died. Meaning, the Gospels were created by men whom may have not even been any physical contact with Christ. The Gospels could have been created by men whose memories were fading drastically. Christ could have said "I'm not God", and the gospel writers could have written "And Christ said he was God". This is a possibility.

-Christ could have been referring to a number of things in each quote. If you ask someone who is an expert in Greek/Hebrew linguistics, and isn't "biased", I would be more interested in trying learning. I am assuming you are not one. Yes?

My main point is, that your little "Jesus is either telling the truth, or is a lunatic" is far from being completely honest. Nobody knows. Anyone who claims they know, probably isn't educated enough to actually declare such things. Sure, you can believe all you want that God and Jesus are the same being, but don't go dragging the "Bible says so" card into this.

Distinct Seeker

Christien Chalfant
IVovacane
Christien Chalfant
IVovacane
Christien Chalfant
IVovacane

Revelations in short: Visions of St. John the Divine of what he see's to come, prediction of future events, which may or may not refer to actual people or events, which is an allegory of the struggle between good and evil.
I am a Christian. But not a mainstream denomination. This is a problem I have with people, a lot of them think that when you say Christian, that there's a set of things that we all believe. Ugh not true.
Adam Lanza the human was not evil. Hitler the human was not bad. It was their actions that were bad. Forgiveness and love, is what I believe in, is what conquers fear and even the belief in sin.

You don't have to be denominational. I'm non demominational right now. What are you talking about? Jesus came to liberate people from sin. Also, firstly you have to accept that you are a sinner in order to accept jesus and what he did for you. If there's no sin. Why did jesus die?
That's like having a salad without any lettuce and vegetables (lol I'm not including egg salad, macaroni salad ect ect) it defeats the whole purpose of its meaning.

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” John 8:24 ESV

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 ESV

Is what you believe more important than what the bible says?

Distinct Seeker

Henry Hobo-Master
IVovacane

Umm... This is all interpreted nonsense, based in a different time period that doesn't make much sense to modern western philosophy.

You are forgetting 3 important things about the Bible:

-There is no such things as an original transcript, nor does this change the fact that the Bible has been changed in so many ways, there is no telling what it originally said or meant. Monks LOVED to change the Bible to better fit their "inspiration". The monks are a bunch of illiterate fools, who make mistakes all of the time. The religious organizations of the time could have changed the Bible to better suit their beliefs.

-The Bible is an Biography, created years and years AFTER Christ had died. Meaning, the Gospels were created by men whom may have not even been any physical contact with Christ. The Gospels could have been created by men whose memories were fading drastically. Christ could have said "I'm not God", and the gospel writers could have written "And Christ said he was God". This is a possibility.

-Christ could have been referring to a number of things in each quote. If you ask someone who is an expert in Greek/Hebrew linguistics, and isn't "biased", I would be more interested in trying learning. I am assuming you are not one. Yes?

My main point is, that your little "Jesus is either telling the truth, or is a lunatic" is far from being completely honest. Nobody knows. Anyone who claims they know, probably isn't educated enough to actually declare such things. Sure, you can believe all you want that God and Jesus are the same being, but don't go dragging the "Bible says so" card into this.

So you're teliing me to not believe anything in the Bible

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah
Christien Chalfant
Ameixah

Well don't feel jealous, the Bible warns against covetousness. Does God show favoritism? No. (Ephesians 6:9) He loves all of us. "For God so loved the world, that he gave His begotten son" (John 3:16), world = meaning people of the world as well.

Be humble; unfortunately we all fall short of the glory of God, because of the original sin (through Adam and Eve's error), we are all sinners; Jesus was sinless. (That does not mean God does not love us; that's why He sent His son to pay the price). God made Him to be this way, on purpose, so he could save us. Jesus said if you want to be "good", obey the commandments. Jesus said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you want to enter into life, obey the commandments." Matthew 19:17
Your soul is immortal; your human body, on this earth, is not. The only one who can destroy both your soul and body is God. Matthew 10:28

In response to what you've said about Paul and Peter above; Paul and Peter were not resurrected, they could not turn water into wine, and they were both martyred for their faith. One of the reasons they could do those things is because of the Christ inherited, "Holy Spirit".John the Baptist quote: “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Are you Muslim by any chance?

I'm not jealous. I'm trying to figure out why people think Jesus, a human, is God.
I don't believe in Adam and Eve existing. I believe that's an allegory not a real story. I don't believe in original sin because I don't believe in the existence of sin.
While I agree in eternal consciousness, Soul being eternal identity and Spirit being eternal substance, I don't believe in a destructive God who destroys the identity of his children if needed.
Ok. You clearly missed me when I said that in those moments, they were demonstrating the power of Christ. I'm only saying that Jesus, in the course of human history, has demonstrated the power of Christ far better than any other human. But just because he's demonstrated it better does not inherently mean he is Christ or that he is God.
No. I'm not muslim. I'm a Christian.
A lesser known denomination, but Christian nonetheless.
I just don't understand other Christians who believe in a God who was a human. I'm trying to understand and learn that point of view so I can understand other Christians better.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
IVovacane
Christien Chalfant
IVovacane
Christien Chalfant
IVovacane

You don't have to be denominational. I'm non demominational right now. What are you talking about? Jesus came to liberate people from sin. Also, firstly you have to accept that you are a sinner in order to accept jesus and what he did for you. If there's no sin. Why did jesus die?
That's like having a salad without any lettuce and vegetables (lol I'm not including egg salad, macaroni salad ect ect) it defeats the whole purpose of its meaning.

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” John 8:24 ESV

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 ESV

Is what you believe more important than what the bible says?

The Bible is open for interpretation.
I don't have to accept I'm a sinner because I was not born or around at the time that Jesus sacrificed himself for the sake of man.
I believe that Jesus was demonstrating the power of Christ. The resurrection was a demonstration.
I don't have to accept Jesus because Jesus is a human. I accept the Christ, I accept God, I accept the Holy Ghost.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff