Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
unerring dogma
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Im happy to report that I am a devoted Catholic who supports gay rights, as anyone can tell from my signature. Yes, homosexuals are sinners, but not because of their sexuality. They are sinners because they are part of the human population, and every human being who has ever graced this planet has sinned before. Being honest and open about your sexual preferences is no sin. Homosexuality is not a sin at all. And all the proof I need for this is that Jesus loved practically everyone he met, even the prostitutes or tax collectors or thieves.

I don't know what church you go to, but the Church and the man who speaks for the Father say that homosexuality is not a sin, but homosexual sex is. If you ******** another woman then you need to confess to never do it again.

My priest never preached that. I'm brave enough to have a mind of my own without the assistance of clergy. My priest is, however, pretty neutral about the gay rights stuff. We never discuss it in homilies.
And honestly, fighting over how and how to not have sex is foolish. We have bigger problems than that. If we are fighting over whether or not a certain type of sex is sinful, we've solved all the problems in the world. But it appears all the problems in the world are not solved, so honestly, why should we be worrying about what people do in the bedroom? What ever floats your boat, fine. Go ahead and have any kind of sex you like; I really don't care as long as you don't boast about it.
Sunshine Peach-Heart

See, people seem to think that they need to know what's morally right and wrong by way of religion; they need it to guide them. In reality, how could they not figure out that killing, adultery, etc. are wrong on their own?

You are claiming to be Catholic and saying that what the Church teaches should be ignored? I would say more, but won't because I am not Pope Benedict.

Sunshine Peach-Heart
You are starting to sound like my aunt now, who I love dearly, but seems to think she must listen to everything the Bible has to say. If the Bible said you should go to work on the first Wednesday of the month dressed up as a clown singing "On Top of Old Smokey" while gargling mineral water, she would do it.

If Jesus or the Pope had said you should do it, then you really should do it. That guy you are replying to is a Muslim by the way.

[quote"Sunshine Peach-Heart"]You say I should be ashamed to call myself Christian? Well, honestly, I'm ashamed to discover people such as you can be so narrow-minded. Who are you to judge my faith? God alone has the power to do that. If He thinks I'm devoted enough, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too.

He is Muslim. Not God as God is All, but the guy you are replying to.

[quote"Sunshine Peach-Heart"]And don't try speaking on behalf of God. That's the problem with people like you; they always seem to think they are closer to God than anyone else. In reality, we're all around the same page with Him--even the clergy.

No, we are not all around the same page with him. That fat disgusting slob Limbaugh who ignores the teachings of Jesus. If he was a Catholic, I would pray that the Speaker of the Lord would excommunicate his a** all over the place. I would also pray that someone who says the teachings of the Church get kicked out as well.

[quote"Sunshine Peach-Heart"]All in all, I'm blessed. I'm not homeless, hungry, malnourished, or anything. As long as I have that, I'm not afraid of listening to judgmental individuals such as yourself.

Some of the most blessed people I know are homeless. Oh wait, you are meaning that God has gifted you instead of spirituality. My mistake.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart

I'm not cherry-picking. I love Christ and all His followers. I believe and support nearly all of Jesus' preachings.

That's cherry Picking right there.

Quote:
I'm just much more willing to accept the fact that the Bible has a few mistakes, contradictions, etc. Keep in mind, the Bible was not written by God himself, but His worshipers. Human beings are capable of error,. A lot of these things in the Bible about homosexuality aren't God's thoughts; they are just accounts of laws that Roman and Jewish officials enforced.

They most certainly are not, these dated back in practice to 1300BC in there inception.

Quote:
No Christian is going to agree with 100% of what the Bible says,

Wrong, Millions of Christians are complete biblical literalists, they have true faith and if the Bible says Jump, my God they Jump.

Just because you don't have the courage or personal integrity to follow your own faith, doesn't mean you should think everyone else is as degraded as you.

Quote:
so if you're going to judge my faith in God, why not judge every other Christian's faith in God?

I do judge every other Christians Faith in God, but that's because I judge that faith to be blasphemous.

At least they "Have" it though.

You by openly admitting to be ignoring God's work, and the Holy Churchs edicts, are pretty much commiting Apostasy.

I am not ignoring it. What are you even talking about, "apostasy"? There really is no such thing anymore. When someone begins to question their own faith, they simply establish a new one building upon the ideas of their previous faith and making slight changes to the things they don't agree with. That's what Buddha did, as well as Jesus, Martin Luther, or Mohammad. It's nothing new.
Heck, we wouldn't have all these different sects of Christianity if it weren't for apostasy.

No you wouldn't, true Christianity hasn't existed since about the 2nd century AD

Quote:
And all of these people who claim to believe everything the Bible says haven't read everything.

Oh oh, are you going to bring Pork and shellfish?

Quote:
The Bible says not to eat shellfish, not to wear clothes with multiple types of fabric in it, a widow must immediately marry her brother-in-law after her husband dies, it's okay for your husband to get your lady-in-waiting pregnant when you're infertile, etc.

SCORE

Here is a peice of knowledge, And Orthodox Jews do "all of that" they don't eat Shellfish, or wear polyesters.

The only reason Christians Don't is because...well if you knew even the first thing about Christianity you would know this FUNDEMNETAL piece of Theology.

That they are exempt from it by the New Covenant, as clearly laid out in the New Testament works.
Tada..that's Christians Following the Bible there.

Quote:
The main idea of Christianity is that Jesus is the Son of God, and he was born to a virgin and performed many great miracles and was crucified and rose from the dead three days later. The main ideas of Christianity are basically the verses found in the Nicene Creed. As long as you believe that, you are a Christian.

The first line of the Nicean Creed, necistates a complete Belife in God and the last line necesitates a complete Belief in the CHURCH.

By ignoring the Bibles stance on Homosexuality and ignoring the Church s stance on Homosexuality you are denying those two aspects of the creed.

Take a step back and listen to yourself, you are saying "I belive in Jesus and I follow him" but you are also saying you don't believe in EVERYTHING he taught, or everything God laid out in the Old and New Testament, you are a fallible weak and meager human, are throwing out Gods Holy Law as you see fit?

More-over you as a Catholic are ignoring the Church?

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Christian.

That's like me saying "Im a Muslim...but I don't believe in that Surah...and I don't really follow the Hadith" it's absolute nonsense.

To have "Faith in God" you need to have complete faith, not just faith where it's suitable for you...or faith in the bits you "agree" with.

See, people seem to think that they need to know what's morally right and wrong by way of religion; they need it to guide them. In reality, how could they not figure out that killing, adultery, etc. are wrong on their own?

Killing isn't wrong though...murder is.
That's also in the Bible by the way

Quote:
You are starting to sound like my aunt now, who I love dearly, but seems to think she must listen to everything the Bible has to say. If the Bible said you should go to work on the first Wednesday of the month dressed up as a clown singing "On Top of Old Smokey" while gargling mineral water, she would do it.

If the Qur'an told me to do that...so would i.

The fact that you as a Christian "wouldn't" do what the Bible tells you to do is absolutely shocking.

And rather sad to be honest.

Quote:
You say I should be ashamed to call myself Christian? Well, honestly, I'm ashamed to discover people such as you can be so narrow-minded.

So doing as God commands is narrow minded?
Best of luck explaining that one on the Day of Judgement

Quote:
Who are you to judge my faith?

Another Human being, with powers of reasoning and deduction, if we were not meant to Judge another by there actions we would not have been given guidelines to do as much.

The New Testament itself commands Christians to shun poor Christians and Hypocrtys and judge them by there faith and actions.

The Qur'an tells us to judge amongst ourselves by the Laws God has laid down.

Free will and intellect, gifts from God, that's what gives me the right

Quote:
God alone has the power to do that. If He thinks I'm devoted enough, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too.

God get's the final decision, but it's a responsibility of mankind to set straight misguided individuals.

Quote:
And don't try speaking on behalf of God. That's the problem with people like you; they always seem to think they are closer to God than anyone else. In reality, we're all around the same page with Him--even the clergy.

Im further from God than most, however at least I have the common sense and integrity to be able to do as he commands, and not just pick and choose what is easy for me and ignore what is hard for me.

Quote:
All in all, I'm blessed. I'm not homeless, hungry, malnourished, or anything. As long as I have that, I'm not afraid of listening to judgmental individuals such as yourself.

Then if you are listening, apply what you are hearing.

Im no Christian, but if "You" are going to be one, then for petes sake, at least do the basic things your Religion asks of you, and not just pick and choose, and plug your ears.

Follow the Bible and Follow the Church...stop making excuses to not pull your weight, do your work, and please God.

It's embarassing to watch a person of the Book act like this.
Sunshine Peach-Heart
unerring dogma
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Im happy to report that I am a devoted Catholic who supports gay rights, as anyone can tell from my signature. Yes, homosexuals are sinners, but not because of their sexuality. They are sinners because they are part of the human population, and every human being who has ever graced this planet has sinned before. Being honest and open about your sexual preferences is no sin. Homosexuality is not a sin at all. And all the proof I need for this is that Jesus loved practically everyone he met, even the prostitutes or tax collectors or thieves.

I don't know what church you go to, but the Church and the man who speaks for the Father say that homosexuality is not a sin, but homosexual sex is. If you ******** another woman then you need to confess to never do it again.

My priest never preached that. I'm brave enough to have a mind of my own without the assistance of clergy. My priest is, however, pretty neutral about the gay rights stuff. We never discuss it in homilies.
And honestly, fighting over how and how to not have sex is foolish. We have bigger problems than that. If we are fighting over whether or not a certain type of sex is sinful, we've solved all the problems in the world. But it appears all the problems in the world are not solved, so honestly, why should we be worrying about what people do in the bedroom? What ever floats your boat, fine. Go ahead and have any kind of sex you like; I really don't care as long as you don't boast about it.

You entered a thread about Christianity and Homosexuality and are trying to say that the topic doesn't matter? If it doesn't matter, why did you feel the need to share your views?

Oh and just because your priest doesn't mention it doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant of the teachings. Using that as an excuse just shows that you haven't studied the issue.

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy

That's cherry Picking right there.

They most certainly are not, these dated back in practice to 1300BC in there inception.

Wrong, Millions of Christians are complete biblical literalists, they have true faith and if the Bible says Jump, my God they Jump.

Just because you don't have the courage or personal integrity to follow your own faith, doesn't mean you should think everyone else is as degraded as you.

I do judge every other Christians Faith in God, but that's because I judge that faith to be blasphemous.

At least they "Have" it though.

You by openly admitting to be ignoring God's work, and the Holy Churchs edicts, are pretty much commiting Apostasy.

I am not ignoring it. What are you even talking about, "apostasy"? There really is no such thing anymore. When someone begins to question their own faith, they simply establish a new one building upon the ideas of their previous faith and making slight changes to the things they don't agree with. That's what Buddha did, as well as Jesus, Martin Luther, or Mohammad. It's nothing new.
Heck, we wouldn't have all these different sects of Christianity if it weren't for apostasy.

No you wouldn't, true Christianity hasn't existed since about the 2nd century AD

Quote:
And all of these people who claim to believe everything the Bible says haven't read everything.

Oh oh, are you going to bring Pork and shellfish?

Quote:
The Bible says not to eat shellfish, not to wear clothes with multiple types of fabric in it, a widow must immediately marry her brother-in-law after her husband dies, it's okay for your husband to get your lady-in-waiting pregnant when you're infertile, etc.

SCORE

Here is a peice of knowledge, And Orthodox Jews do "all of that" they don't eat Shellfish, or wear polyesters.

The only reason Christians Don't is because...well if you knew even the first thing about Christianity you would know this FUNDEMNETAL piece of Theology.

That they are exempt from it by the New Covenant, as clearly laid out in the New Testament works.
Tada..that's Christians Following the Bible there.

Quote:
The main idea of Christianity is that Jesus is the Son of God, and he was born to a virgin and performed many great miracles and was crucified and rose from the dead three days later. The main ideas of Christianity are basically the verses found in the Nicene Creed. As long as you believe that, you are a Christian.

The first line of the Nicean Creed, necistates a complete Belife in God and the last line necesitates a complete Belief in the CHURCH.

By ignoring the Bibles stance on Homosexuality and ignoring the Church s stance on Homosexuality you are denying those two aspects of the creed.

Take a step back and listen to yourself, you are saying "I belive in Jesus and I follow him" but you are also saying you don't believe in EVERYTHING he taught, or everything God laid out in the Old and New Testament, you are a fallible weak and meager human, are throwing out Gods Holy Law as you see fit?

More-over you as a Catholic are ignoring the Church?

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Christian.

That's like me saying "Im a Muslim...but I don't believe in that Surah...and I don't really follow the Hadith" it's absolute nonsense.

To have "Faith in God" you need to have complete faith, not just faith where it's suitable for you...or faith in the bits you "agree" with.

Killing isn't wrong though...murder is.
That's also in the Bible by the way

Quote:

If the Qur'an told me to do that...so would i.

The fact that you as a Christian "wouldn't" do what the Bible tells you to do is absolutely shocking.

And rather sad to be honest.

Quote:
You say I should be ashamed to call myself Christian? Well, honestly, I'm ashamed to discover people such as you can be so narrow-minded.

So doing as God commands is narrow minded?
Best of luck explaining that one on the Day of Judgement

Quote:
Who are you to judge my faith?

Another Human being, with powers of reasoning and deduction, if we were not meant to Judge another by there actions we would not have been given guidelines to do as much.

The New Testament itself commands Christians to shun poor Christians and Hypocrtys and judge them by there faith and actions.

The Qur'an tells us to judge amongst ourselves by the Laws God has laid down.

Free will and intellect, gifts from God, that's what gives me the right

Quote:
God alone has the power to do that. If He thinks I'm devoted enough, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too.

God get's the final decision, but it's a responsibility of mankind to set straight misguided individuals.

Quote:
And don't try speaking on behalf of God. That's the problem with people like you; they always seem to think they are closer to God than anyone else. In reality, we're all around the same page with Him--even the clergy.

Im further from God than most, however at least I have the common sense and integrity to be able to do as he commands, and not just pick and choose what is easy for me and ignore what is hard for me.

Quote:
All in all, I'm blessed. I'm not homeless, hungry, malnourished, or anything. As long as I have that, I'm not afraid of listening to judgmental individuals such as yourself.

Then if you are listening, apply what you are hearing.

Im no Christian, but if "You" are going to be one, then for petes sake, at least do the basic things your Religion asks of you, and not just pick and choose, and plug your ears.

Follow the Bible and Follow the Church...stop making excuses to not pull your weight, do your work, and please God.

It's embarassing to watch a person of the Book act like this.

I'm going to believe whatever I believe. Stop judging me. I'm a decent person. You are not going to agree with me, and I'm not going to agree with you. Simple as that. As a fellow member of an Abrahamic religion, you should learn to respect the opinions of others. There is no way you can persuade me, and there is no way I can persuade you. Our beliefs are too strong. There is no right or wrong opinion here. Different does not equal wrong or unjust.

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
unerring dogma
Sunshine Peach-Heart
unerring dogma
Sunshine Peach-Heart

You entered a thread about Christianity and Homosexuality and are trying to say that the topic doesn't matter? If it doesn't matter, why did you feel the need to share your views?

Oh and just because your priest doesn't mention it doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant of the teachings. Using that as an excuse just shows that you haven't studied the issue.

No, I said the topic of sex doesn't matter, but the decent rights every human should have does. Gays should have every right that straights have.
And what issue is there to study? There are one or two vague passages in the Bible about how homosexual sex is wrong. But it's very, very vague. Some scholars think it was actually referring to men who molested young men and boys, others think it was about male prostitution, etc.
There isn't very much of an issue here, gays should just be granted the same rights as straights. There's nothing else to it.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Sunshine Peach-Heart
. There is no way you can persuade me, and there is no way I can persuade you. Our beliefs are too strong. There is no right or wrong opinion here. Different does not equal wrong or unjust.

Nonsense, ive seen Vatican Priests convert to Islam, I myself was a horrifically devout Christian prior to becoming a Muslim.

However, im just trying to show you how much of a hypocryt to your own faith you are.

As of this point you have yet to provide a shred of Scriptural Evidence or support to support your position that Homosexual Intercourse is not a sin.

Or how you can call yourself a Catholic while ignoring the Church's decrees.

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
. There is no way you can persuade me, and there is no way I can persuade you. Our beliefs are too strong. There is no right or wrong opinion here. Different does not equal wrong or unjust.

Nonsense, ive seen Vatican Priests convert to Islam, I myself was a horrifically devout Christian prior to becoming a Muslim.

However, im just trying to show you how much of a hypocryt to your own faith you are.

As of this point you have yet to provide a shred of Scriptural Evidence or support to support your position that Homosexual Intercourse is not a sin.

I don't want to have to say anymore. I just want to lay it down that I have my opinions, and you have yours. You should respect mine, and I should respect yours.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart

I don't want to have to say anymore. I just want to lay it down that I have my opinions, and you have yours. You should respect mine, and I should respect yours.

Are you refusing to say any more because you A)Can't justify your position in regards to what your faith actually teaches or B)You can't be bothered

If A do you see that as a problem if B don't you think that makes you hard to take seriously and hurts your position, is there a C

Also, why should I respect your opinion, if your opinion is not grounded in Logic and is contrary to your faith?

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart

Are you refusing to say any more because you A)Can't justify your position in regards to what your faith actually teaches or B)You can't be bothered

If A do you see that as a problem if B don't you think that makes you hard to take seriously and hurts your position, is there a C

Also, why should I respect your opinion, if your opinion is not grounded in Logic and is contrary to your faith?

I honestly have better things to do than argue with you who I know will not agree with me. Stop asking for passages that back up my opinion. Religion is not all about what is written down. It's about ideas. Nobody is going to interpret everything the same way. My opinion is plain and simple: treat others the way you want to be treated. Very little of my values contradict the Scripture, so I honestly have no clue why you are dwelling on one tiny value that might.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart

I honestly have better things to do than argue with you who I know will not agree with me. Stop asking for passages that back up my opinion. Religion is not all about what is written down. It's about ideas. Nobody is going to interpret everything the same way. My opinion is plain and simple: treat others the way you want to be treated. Very little of my values contradict the Scripture, so I honestly have no clue why you are dwelling on one tiny value that might.

Because if you actively contradict scripture...your doing it wrong.

And im sorry to inform you but Catholicism is "very much" about what is written down, because the "ideas" have to conform with scripture and Church Cat's.

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart

And im sorry to inform you but Catholicism is "very much" about what is written down, because the "ideas" have to conform with scripture and Church Cat's.

I'm going to try and end this. I agree to disagree with you.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart
The Irish Economy
Sunshine Peach-Heart

I'm going to try and end this. I agree to disagree with you.

Always a shame to see someone refuse to hold intelligent discussion, or actively explain or support there opinions and notions.

Oh well, your funeral I suppose.
There isn't a hate towards homosexuals more than they don't or maybe can't fix their sinful ways.

Precious Feeder

zekkie
Homosexuals are sinners, just like liars and lusters, murderers and thieves. When it comes to sin, we are all on the same level. Therefore, we should respect Jews, Muslims, and Homosexuals. those who don't respect others love to over stretch Jesus's teachings, pick out the sentences they want to follow, and think they are better than everybody else.
(I'm a Christian. I absolutely hate when people don't follow the teaching "He who is without sin cast the first stone". We're all evil. But it's hard for some to accept that.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No Jesus....no you did not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces