Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
What about the other planets? Just like how dinosaurs are not mention in the bible because the people back then haven't discovers the fossilized evidence yet. The same goes for the other planets in our solar system. A God supposedly had created a massive and most likely endless space of vastness and not a single mentioning of other planets.

Why is that?

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
The other planets were assumed to be created with the stars, most likely. Keep in mind ancients didn't think of planets and stars how we do now-everything revolved around the earth. They knew other planets existed but they were more like wandering stars. I don't think this is a good argument against creationism-issues with the flood and the effects of inbreeding on populations would be better like the cheetah.
Hikarulawl
Why is that?

Because it is a lie.
Hikarulawl
What about the other planets? Just like how dinosaurs are not mention in the bible because the people back then haven't discovers the fossilized evidence yet. The same goes for the other planets in our solar system. A God supposedly had created a massive and most likely endless space of vastness and not a single mentioning of other planets.

Why is that?
Creationists believe God made the entire universe, and all it contains. They disagree with Darwinists on evolution, and time.

Interesting Citizen

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Fermionic
Hikarulawl
Why is that?

Because it is a lie.

I concur.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Fermionic
Hikarulawl
Why is that?

Because it is a lie.

No s**t. I just wanted to hear the ridiculous excuse for it. Hopefully they be a little more creative this time. Unlike the excuse they used for the dinosaurs thing.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Eponishta
Hikarulawl

Why is that?
Creationists believe God made the entire universe, and all it contains. They disagree with Darwinists on evolution, and time.

And amongst other things that contradicts with their fabricated story.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Hikarulawl
Eponishta
Hikarulawl

Why is that?

And amongst other things that contradicts with their fabricated story.
I think most likely they would explain the entirety of space as being included with the heavens in the creation of "the heavens and the earth" or the stars and planets would be made with the sun and the moon.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Fermionic
Hikarulawl
Why is that?

Because it is a lie.

"Lie" implies intent to deceive. I don't think that's exactly the case.
I assume that other planets would be included with the universe, such as other stars and whatnot. Also Leviathan and Behemoth are mentioned as creatures in Job. I've heard interpretations saying that Leviathan is an alligator and a Behemoth could be an elephant or hippopotamus, but there are other interpretations as well. That Leviathan is a sea monster of sorts (who knows what it was) and that they could be some ancient extinct creatures, like dinosaurs.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
bogosghost1
I assume that other planets would be included with the universe, such as other stars and whatnot. Also Leviathan and Behemoth are mentioned as creatures in Job. I've heard interpretations saying that Leviathan is an alligator and a Behemoth could be an elephant or hippopotamus, but there are other interpretations as well. That Leviathan is a sea monster of sorts (who knows what it was) and that they could be some ancient extinct creatures, like dinosaurs.

So what's the Ziz?
Xiam
bogosghost1

So what's the Ziz?

Not sure I'd have to research that one
Xiam
Fermionic
Hikarulawl
Why is that?

Because it is a lie.

I do, often.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Fermionic
Xiam
Fermionic
Hikarulawl
Why is that?

Because it is a lie.

I do, often.

It must really be hell for you.

Conservative Regular

Hikarulawl
A God supposedly had created a massive and most likely endless space of vastness and not a single mentioning of other planets.

It does the word 'star' up until the Middle Ages meant anything bright in the sky

So in Genesis 1, when it states "He made the stars also," that would be entirely inclusive of any light bearing or reflecting object in the sky as seen from earth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff