Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Give me evidence for God that doesn't include holy scripture that also cannot be disproven by science or common logic.

Aaaaaaand
Go.
Deflesh
Give me evidence for God that doesn't include holy scripture that also cannot be disproven by science or common logic.

Aaaaaaand
Go.

You believe in science studies as facts, right?

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The disciple_Leon Camero

Ones that are validated by observation and study, yes.
Deflesh
The disciple_Leon Camero

No point converting someone who has their heart for mammon.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The disciple_Leon Camero
Deflesh
The disciple_Leon Camero

That word doesn't really apply here.

You're stating I can either have logic, or blind faith.
Those are my options?
Deflesh
The disciple_Leon Camero
Deflesh
The disciple_Leon Camero

That word doesn't really apply here.

You're stating I can either have logic, or blind faith.
Those are my options?

To have logic, one must think why one should believe in something they themselves don't do themselves. Blind faith, is just believing, because you're only have an external source and trust it. It's called mammon, due to the idea that this is your gold of knowledge. Which is not worth casting pearls before swine.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The disciple_Leon Camero

To have logic, one must think why one should believe in something they themselves don't do themselves. Blind faith, is just believing, because you're only have an external source and trust it. It's called mammon, due to the idea that this is your gold of knowledge. Which is not worth casting pearls before swine.
This is an assumption.

To have logic, all one needs is observation and understanding of the material world. Stating that religion is an external source is silly, because they are demonstrably created by man.
Also to insult a man by stating "If they don't believe what I do, they must be lesser," what sort of loving group reaches such utter disrespectful nonsense?
Deflesh
The disciple_Leon Camero

This is an assumption.

To have logic, all one needs is observation and understanding of the material world. Stating that religion is an external source is silly, because they are demonstrably created by man.
Also to insult a man by stating "If they don't believe what I do, they must be lesser," what sort of loving group reaches such utter disrespectful nonsense?

Woah, hold on... whom said that bold line? Because I myself was a former neutral, that did not believe in God, nor science. Nor did I believe in myself. I'm lesser than you. If I can say that, who is telling you different?

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The disciple_Leon Camero

Woah, hold on... whom said that bold line? Because I myself was a former neutral, that did not believe in God, nor science. Nor did I believe in myself. I'm lesser than you. If I can say that, who is telling you different?
When you made the claim of casting pearls before swine.
Which in and of itself is a very bold claim. Who is right to claim what is worthy of being considered a 'pearl'? What defines the swine? It's all subjective and easily interpreted to however the user wants it to be.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I should also add that the 'pearls before swine' line is a bible quote. Didn't I state none of that in the original post?
Deflesh
The disciple_Leon Camero

When you made the claim of casting pearls before swine.
Which in and of itself is a very bold claim. Who is right to claim what is worthy of being considered a 'pearl'? What defines the swine? It's all subjective and easily interpreted to however the user wants it to be.

The term casting your pearls before swine, does not mean the bold. It means, if you're not interested in God, there's no reason to give you a reason. Like I said, I'm no better than you.
Deflesh
I should also add that the 'pearls before swine' line is a bible quote. Didn't I state none of that in the original post?

Well excuse me. I believe the words because it was proven to be true.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The disciple_Leon Camero

The term casting your pearls before swine, does not mean the bold. It means, if you're not interested in God, there's no reason to give you a reason. Like I said, I'm no better than you.
You're making more assumptions now. I am interested, it's why I'm here. Disbelief does not equate to disinterest.
Deflesh
The disciple_Leon Camero

You're making more assumptions now. I am interested, it's why I'm here. Disbelief does not equate to disinterest.

That wasn't an assumption. A lot of Atheism does say that. But then again, you already believe men as gods. If you're interested, then see in yourself, who you truly are.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The disciple_Leon Camero

That wasn't an assumption. A lot of Atheism does say that. But then again, you already believe men as gods. If you're interested, then see in yourself, who you truly are.
I don't claim men are gods. We simply exist, no deities attached.

It was an assumption. You assumed something about my way of thinking. You do not know me, do not pretend to.

I'm asking for proof. Not some personal epiphany or some such thinking asking those lines.

Give me empirical evidence.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces