Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adored Admirer

DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Pseudo-Onkelos

What original sin? Not all ascribe to this Augustinian doctrine. Get with the times.

The one I quoted?

That's not original sin.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos

What original sin? Not all ascribe to this Augustinian doctrine. Get with the times.

The one I quoted?

That's not original sin.

So Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit was not the original sin, then? Or not to some people?

I want to get this correct, if I can.

Adored Admirer

Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos

The one I quoted?

That's not original sin.

So Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit was not the original sin, then? Or not to some people?

I'm not going to be one to say it wasn't the first sin, but original sin carries connotations with it, such as being in a state of sin. Socinians reject it. I think Christadelphians do, too.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Pseudo-Onkelos

I'm not going to be one to say it wasn't the first sin, but original sin carries connotations with it, such as being in a state of sin. Socinians reject it. I think Christadelphians do, too.

(NOT sarcasm) Thanks.
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos

The one I quoted?

That's not original sin.

I just looked up Christadelphianism, as I didn't know what it was. Thank you for telling me; it's seems to be more up my alley than most Christian sects. If it weren't for their ideas of sexuality, I would be 100% satisfied. razz

Adored Admirer

Jubilant Sunrise
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos

The one I quoted?

That's not original sin.

I just looked up Christadelphianism, as I didn't know what it was. Thank you for telling me; it's seems to be more up my alley than most Christian sects. If it weren't for their ideas of sexuality, I would be 100% satisfied. razz

No problem. I was told long ago that they were a cult, you know, that word that just means "unorthodox". If anything, I feel they're pretty close to the truest sense of Christianity. Sorry, Catholicism.
Pseudo-Onkelos
Jubilant Sunrise
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos

That's not original sin.

No problem. I was told long ago that they were a cult, you know, that word that just means "unorthodox". If anything, I feel they're pretty close to the truest sense of Christianity. Sorry, Catholicism.

Indeed. I'm currently reading their Commandments of Christ.

Adored Admirer

Jubilant Sunrise
Pseudo-Onkelos
Jubilant Sunrise
Pseudo-Onkelos
Pseudo-Onkelos

That's not original sin.

Indeed. I'm currently reading their Commandments of Christ.

Two Christadelphians I've encountered at Bible Truth Discussion Forum, Evangelion and Fortigun, in a way shaped what I believe in now. Although someone named Jason Dulle struck my beliefs with his oneness theology, Evangelion really got to the core of the matter. I really began to doubt Jesus was God.

With respect to souls, Fortigun asked a question for anyone who was reading where it said that the Hebrew word nefesh meant "immortal soul". I couldn't find it anywhere in the Tanakh, so I've doubted an immortal soul, at least according to the Tanakh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff