Welcome to Gaia! ::

Irrlich
My boyfriend is afraid of death, he can't stand seeing a corpse or the thought of death because he worries about the 'soul' that left the body. He was raised as a catholic but has identified as an athiest for years. Because he believes that there is nothing after death he's really afraid of ceasing to exist when he or someone else dies.

I really want him to find some comfort but I don't believe in an afterlife eighter, though death does not scare me. I think there must be some beliefs that could combine a rather 'rational' world view with some comforting spirituality. But I can't see him returning to christianity, or turning to judism or islam. He has a strong aversion to rituals.

Any ideas?

He could talk to LDS missionaries. We've got a much less dark view on death. Maybe he could see that it's not something to be terrified of, but something to be revered.
Oh, another idea; tell him everything is doomed anyway.
Zax Strife
Irrlich
My boyfriend is afraid of death, he can't stand seeing a corpse or the thought of death because he worries about the 'soul' that left the body. He was raised as a catholic but has identified as an athiest for years. Because he believes that there is nothing after death he's really afraid of ceasing to exist when he or someone else dies.

I really want him to find some comfort but I don't believe in an afterlife eighter, though death does not scare me. I think there must be some beliefs that could combine a rather 'rational' world view with some comforting spirituality. But I can't see him returning to christianity, or turning to judism or islam. He has a strong aversion to rituals.

Any ideas?

He could talk to LDS missionaries. We've got a much less dark view on death. Maybe he could see that it's not something to be terrified of, but something to be revered.

What is it?
Fermionic
Zax Strife
Irrlich

Any ideas?

What is it?

K, so... As a disclaimer, I'm absolutely not going to argue my faith. I don't have to validate it to anybody. But I do hope you find it useful, and that you can glean something from it.

Here's a link. I hope you find it helpful. Death, physical.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff