Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fireweed_honey
Alluring_Mystique
M E C H A N I C A R M
One guy = an entire religion.

Dangerous thinking there, chief.

I havent thought anything. I havent made any claims. In the video the guy spoke for all Christians. He said let me tell you what Christians think of you

He doesn't speak for all Christians, he only speaks for himself. Everyone knows that one person cannot speak for a whole.

Well i was responding to your friend that assumed i was generalizing. I basically told him if hes gona claim someone to be generalizing he should claim the guy in the video and not me because i said no such thing
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
M E C H A N I C A R M

I havent thought anything. I havent made any claims. In the video the guy spoke for all Christians. He said let me tell you what Christians think of you

As the OP, what is your opinion of the video?

I found it to be quite entertaining to be honest. I laughed pretty darn hard. I personally dont believe all Christians believe this and even if one does they shouldnt just blatantly call them a fool like that. Most things should just be left unsaid on both parts especially when it comes to insults.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Fireweed_honey
Alluring_Mystique
M E C H A N I C A R M

He doesn't speak for all Christians, he only speaks for himself. Everyone knows that one person cannot speak for a whole.

Including clergy of all types, who plainly believe they can speak of all who don't believe as though they were a single whole.

Of course, right? EVERYONE knows that.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
M E C H A N I C A R M

I found it to be quite entertaining to be honest. I laughed pretty darn hard. I personally dont believe all Christians believe this and even if one does they shouldnt just blatantly call them a fool like that. Most things should just be left unsaid on both parts especially when it comes to insults.

Interesting. So you find it entertaining and amusing when a member of the privileged majority justifies their perceived right to insult a minority.

Hmmmmm.....
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
M E C H A N I C A R M

Interesting. So you find it entertaining and amusing when a member of the privileged majority justifies their perceived right to insult a minority.

Hmmmmm.....

Even if it was the other way around ide still find it entertaining. sweatdrop finding humor in things has gotten me into alot of trouble in the past

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
M E C H A N I C A R M

Hmmmmm.....

Even if it was the other way around ide still find it entertaining. sweatdrop finding humor in things has gotten me into alot of trouble in the past

What "other way around" are you referring to?
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest

Hmmmmm.....

lol I mean other way around as in if instead of it being a Christian explaining why he thinks Atheists are fools but having an Atheist in the video explaining why Christians are fools.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest

Hmmmmm.....

lol I mean other way around as in if instead of it being a Christian explaining why he thinks Atheists are fools but having an Atheist in the video explaining why Christians are fools.

But that's not what you posted, is it? And that would still be a minority complaining about a privileged majority.

Your amusement is not amusing me, kid.
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest

Hmmmmm.....

But that's not what you posted, is it? And that would still be a minority complaining about a privileged majority.

Your amusement is not amusing me, kid.

Its not really what the video is that i find funny. Ive already stated i think its wrong to insult people so blatantly like that. Whats funny is the sentences he used to explain his points and how he said it. I mean did you even watch the video if you really listen to it the way he said certain things was pretty funny sweatdrop Im just like i cant believe hes so blatantly saying these things, people take stuff like this seriously and its cause for a flame war. Hes a pretty bold dude

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
can we just say both ends of the scale are extreme and are foolish to say the least ?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
xtigsx
can we just say both ends of the scale are extreme and are foolish to say the least ?

No, because atheism isn't an extreme, per se. It CAN be, but it isn't necessarily so. And not believing in something that doesn't have any evidence to support it is not foolish in the slightest...so doubly no.

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
Rumblestiltskin
xtigsx

No, because atheism isn't an extreme, per se. It CAN be, but it isn't necessarily so. And not believing in something that doesn't have any evidence to support it is not foolish in the slightest...so doubly no.
No you can I've seen it happen I saw a bible banger go from shoving the bible down peoples throats to shoving god isn't real down peoples throats

I don't think Atheist are fools nor do I think christians fools

I only think it takes a special kind of person to be 'THAT' Foolish.

you all seem to be upstanding literate people of society so who gives a crap if you believe your going to believe what ever you want despite what other people say right?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
xtigsx
Rumblestiltskin
xtigsx

No you can I've seen it happen I saw a bible banger go from shoving the bible down peoples throats to shoving god isn't real down peoples throats

you all seem to be upstanding literate people of society so who gives a crap if you believe your going to believe what ever you want despite what other people say right?

I never said that a person couldn't be like that...I just said that it isn't NECESSARILY the case...so both are not "extreme" or "foolish"...they CAN be...but again, they aren't necessarily so.

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
Rumblestiltskin
xtigsx
Rumblestiltskin
xtigsx

I never said that a person couldn't be like that...I just said that it isn't NECESSARILY the case...so both are not "extreme" or "foolish"...they CAN be...but again, they aren't necessarily so.

oh well look at you middle man steering on the straight and narrow 4laugh . they might not necessarily be so both are not exstreme or foolish . they ' can ' be

clever clever

after quoting me then trying to school me in the representation of my ideas in quotes and how my posts ought to be addressed.

If we are going to debate and I'm going to reply to all your quotes you have to promise me one thing

even if you do not agree with my thoughts will you at least respect them?
as I will respect your thoughts and opinions in the same

because the last time i got into a discussion of this nature it ended with the other person using capes lock and a whole bunch of !!!! these guys.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
xtigsx
Rumblestiltskin
xtigsx
Rumblestiltskin
xtigsx

oh well look at you middle man steering on the straight and narrow 4laugh .

How do you get from a simple statement like "they can be" to this? How is an admission of what is possible being a "middle man", let alone "straight and narrow"? Do you even know what those phrases mean?

Quote:
they might not necessarily be so both are not exstreme or foolish . they ' can ' be

Yes. This is a fact.

Quote:
clever clever

Just a simple admission. Do you consider being aware of the difference between extremists and non-extremists to be something only the "clever" realize?

Quote:
after quoting me then trying to school me in the representation of my ideas in quotes and how my posts ought to be addressed.

Explain exactly how you think Rumblestiltskin was doing this.

Quote:
If we are going to debate and I'm going to reply to all your quotes you have to promise me one thing

At what point did he even venture an argument?

Quote:
even if you do not agree with my thoughts will you at least respect them?

Why should anybody respect someone's thoughts? There is a difference between respecting your right to think for yourself and respecting your thoughts.

Quote:
as I will respect your thoughts and opinions in the same

It doesn't look like you're able to understand what he's saying, let alone respect it.

Quote:
because the last time i got into a discussion of this nature it ended with the other person using capes lock and a whole bunch of !!!! these guys.

You seem to be having a large amount of difficulty in separating your past experiences from what is occurring right now in front of you. Most of what I am seeing from you is along the lines of "I have seen this happen" and the plural of "personal anecdote" is not "data".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff