Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christians believe in God, follows the Bible with all its "thou shalt's and "shalt not", go to church every Sunday, yet it's not considered an organized religion? How is that possible? It's not spontaneous; there are churches everywhere. So how can it only be a relationship with Jesus Christ and not a religion?
Galswintha
Christians believe in God, follows the Bible with all its "thou shalt's and "shalt not", go to church every Sunday, yet it's not considered an organized religion? How is that possible? It's not spontaneous; there are churches everywhere. So how can it only be a relationship with Jesus Christ and not a religion?

Who said Christianity isn't a religion?
Anon E. Mouse
Galswintha

Saved_by_the_Grace_of_God, a member here.
Galswintha
Anon E. Mouse
Galswintha

Oh. Then they're wrong.
Next issue. 3nodding

Devout Fairy

Anon E. Mouse

Many Christians say this, but, as you said, they are wrong
Nityananda-rama dasa
Anon E. Mouse

Many Christians say this, but, as you said, they are wrong

"People say a lot of stupid stuff"
~ John Stewart

3nodding
Galswintha

Not every Christian goes to church.

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
and the evangelists don't believe catholics are christian, which i find hilarious.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
I think this is actually becoming a more mainstream thing. "Christianity is reality, so we don't have to call it religion."

Here's a famous twit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY
Lucky~9~Lives
Galswintha

Not every Christian goes to church.

There's a man who lives in my town (his name is Roy, but that is by the by) who is always giving out little leaflets saying that we're all going to hell. They are very detailed, quotes about all sorts of verses from the Bible, revelations and the like. He stands for an evangelist church. There are two things about him that I find rather ironic. One is that he is talking about us all going to hell while the church is in Wolverhampton. The second is that he has a pointy beard like Satan.
Fermionic
There's a man who lives in my town (his name is Roy, but that is by the by) who is always giving out little leaflets saying that we're all going to hell. They are very detailed, quotes about all sorts of verses from the Bible, revelations and the like. He stands for an evangelist church. There are two things about him that I find rather ironic. One is that he is talking about us all going to hell while the church is in Wolverhampton. The second is that he has a pointy beard like Satan.

You're on first-name terms with him?
Lucky~9~Lives
Fermionic

You're on first-name terms with him?

I have argued with him a few times, but I only know his name because it was on a leaflet of his.

To give you an idea, he's the type of person who will double deck a racist scumbag's (by which I mean Nick Griffin's) protest about something or other to give out leaflets saying "Evolution, the worlds greatest science-fiction" and "Frog to Prince? It surely is a fairy-tale!"

Blessed Raider

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Champion 300
classic trashic
and the evangelists don't believe catholics are christian, which i find hilarious.

Christian [unfortunately] (Let me explain) Catholics believe that part of salvation involves works when that is disproven at several points in the bible

My youth pastor also brought up Mormonism in the same message... If what he said is true, I'd honestly believe Scientology over that

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Galswintha
Anon E. Mouse
Galswintha

Yeah Christianity is a religion.
rmcdra
Galswintha
Anon E. Mouse
Galswintha

Yeah Christianity is a religion.

No it's not! Its a relationship with Jesus that makes you feel dirty. You Christians are just hiding the truth from everyone.

What rmcdra said I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces