A Young Wish
This is a topic that I have been struggling with myself and I wanted to get some other opinions on it because I have been told so many different things throughout my life. I am in a relationship with a man who is not a Christian. However, I am and my faith is the most important thing in my life. I've completely fallen for him and he has told me that he's sure that I'm the one for him and wants to marry me.

Is it right for a Christian to marry a Non-Christian? Why and/or why not?

I found a few bible verses that have to do with this question, but I am confused by them.

2 Corinthians 6:14, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

1 Corinthians 7:14-16, "For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace. For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?"

The answer is not a nice one in the immediate sense. The second verse is in the context of married couples who are already married when one became saved. It is not the place of the Christian to marry a heathen. It is destructive to the believer to be in a relationship with the unbeliever. Because they are in rebellion and you are not. Their heart will be elsewhere and it will tear yours apart. Especially, if children come about. If you wish to follow your beliefs and teach your children in the way they should go and your husband does not, what will you do? Will you do it as you should and cause friction? Will you compromise the faith of your children and placate him? And your children will eventually see the difference even if your husband to be does not oppose it. They will see him not going to church and they will not want to go. It is unwise and I've seen many Christians go into relationships with unsaved people and fall away. If Christ is more important to you then you must choose Him. I've had too. It was not pleasant but I was blessed because of it.