Welcome to Gaia! ::

The people followed a man named Aleister Crowley who claimed to have recieved some divine revelation from an Egyptian God who some claim was really the devil or demons. He believed in sex magik and one form of it is that molesting children brings them some form of power and this is what drove them to what they did to this young girl and for more info on Aleister heres a link

Aleister Crowley Bio

Video Documentary for those who dont want to read

Shorter video for those that feel it was too long

Heres a link to the article for the victim so you can read in detail what actually happened according to her.

Young Girl Raped 1800 Times

I hate hearing about things like this it makes me sick

Floppy Member

Alluring_Mystique
The people followed a man named Aleister Crowley who claimed to have recieved some divine revelation from an Egyptian God who some claim was really the devil or demons. He believed in sex magik and one form of it is that molesting children brings them some form of power and this is what drove them to what they did to this young girl and for more info on Aleister heres a link

Aleister Crowley Bio

Video Documentary for those who dont want to read

Shorter video for those that feel it was too long

Heres a link to the article for the victim so you can read in detail what actually happened according to her.

Young Girl Raped 1800 Times

I hate hearing about things like this it makes me sick

Your sources about Crowley are questionable. In any event, a dead man can hardly have done anything wrong. My heart goes out to the children who were involved but I am disinclined to take anything seriously from that website (a tinfoil hattery by all appearances) or YouTube.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Thelema is a satanic religion? Since when?

Zealot

Calelith
Since Christians heard it wasn't Christianity?

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Dieu des hommes
Calelith

Touche.
Calelith

Going off what the article said. Apparrently those people followed Aliester Crowley and called themselves Satanists. And followed the sex magick belief that Aleister believed in.
Dieu des hommes
Calelith

Not 100% sure where the sources are for the claims but theres word out that Aleister later revealed that he was receiving revelation from Satan in writing his book that he wrote. Thats where people get that its a satanic religion from. Either way many religions and cults use Aliester's ideas including Satanic cults and religions

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Alluring_Mystique
Calelith

Going off what the article said. Apparrently those people followed Aliester Crowley and called themselves Satanists. And followed the sex magick belief that Aleister believed in.

Whomever wrote that article honesty has no idea what they're talking about.

Hell the writer called Paganism a nature worship religion.

This whole story sounds like the mass hysteria surrounding Satantic ritual abuse during the 1980s.
Calelith
Alluring_Mystique
Calelith

This whole story sounds like the mass hysteria surrounding Satantic ritual abuse during the 1980s.

Some portions of paganisms do have a variety of traditions that emphasize high reverence to nature. Not that its a nature religion in of itself.

Articles like this would leave people to believe that it is a nature religion

http://www.patheos.com/Library/Pagan.html

Thing is you can research almost anything and can find many different things on that one subject.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Alluring_Mystique
Calelith
Alluring_Mystique
Calelith

Some portions of paganisms do have a variety of traditions that emphasize high reverence to nature. Not that its a nature religion in of itself.

Articles like this would leave people to believe that it is a nature religion

http://www.patheos.com/Library/Pagan.html

Thing is you can research almost anything and can find many different things on that one subject.

If they were a journalist worth anything they'd take the time to find an academically accepted source and not just go with what the "majority" claimed.

But this story still reeks of SRA hysteria.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Yeah, about the fact that you cite breitbart.com ...

Floppy Member

Calelith
Alluring_Mystique
Calelith

That was my impression. The connection between a cult who abuses children (which happens in other fringes of various religious as well) a man who has been dead for over 50 years is pretty sketchy in my opinion. I remember the SRA panic in the 80s. The amount of evidence that never existed was impressive. It did change clinical approaches to trauma victims, though.
The Legendary Guest
Calelith
Alluring_Mystique
Calelith

That was my impression. The connection between a cult who abuses children (which happens in other fringes of various religious as well) a man who has been dead for over 50 years is pretty sketchy in my opinion. I remember the SRA panic in the 80s. The amount of evidence that never existed was impressive. It did change clinical approaches to trauma victims, though.

Hard to say but then again you never know the type of things motivate people or the types of things people use to justify their actions. We have two girls that tried to kill their friend to show allegiance to a PC game character known as slenderman. Some people are motivated by books thousands of years old. So to be motivated by a mans words or books that has been dead for over 50 years doesnt surprise me

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Divine revelation from an Egyptian god, and suddenly it's Satanic?
If they can't get that right, how can I trust this whole thing to be true?

Floppy Member

Alluring_Mystique
The Legendary Guest
Calelith
Alluring_Mystique
Calelith

Hard to say but then again you never know the type of things motivate people or the types of things people use to justify their actions. We have two girls that tried to kill their friend to show allegiance to a PC game character known as slenderman. Some people are motivated by books thousands of years old. So to be motivated by a mans words or books that has been dead for over 50 years doesnt surprise me

Quite true. Charles Manson was influenced by the the Book of Revelation and the music of The Beatles. It is no fault of The Beatles what he chose to do based on his own interpretations was sort of my point with respect to this. It doesn't surprise me at all because humans do this type of thing all the time. I just don't see much to talk about with respect to Crowley when it comes to this case, however. That would be like analyzing Beatles lyrics to explain their influence on Manson. It's more worthwhile to do a study on the mind of Manson than a study of their music to understand what motivated Manson.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff