Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dermezel

Do you honestly expect me to believe that? That you his friend but your testimony is objective, especially when the only reason you give is "why wouldn't it be?"

Yes. I'll disagree with anyone I know and mostly say as much, if I feel that way. Objectivity, fairness, justice, honesty are some of my most valued...values. I'm sorry if you don't feel that way.
Quote:

Yeah but that's hardly evidence his answers are sufficient, merely agreeing changes nothing.

You said they weren't sufficient; I stated my opinion to the contrary.
If a bunch of people rather than one person disagreed with me on something, I might take it a little more seriously, unless I already respected that person from previous experience.
I'm also saying, as have others, that you're trolling and playing the why-why-why game for no apparent reason.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Catechism
Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,140 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."141 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

That took me thirty seconds, there are so many references there.
Now ******** off.
Reagun Ban

The bible.
Genesis

Ok so you didn't even understand my original question, I'll repost it in bold:

Dermezel
My question is for those who don't think Christianity has any ties to homophobia, and pro-life positions, and it is namely- if this is the case, why exactly is the Pope against homosexuality and abortion?

Now do you see why you're quoting genesis right now would be problematic with regards to answering my question?

Dermezel
Prove they're wrong. Solid scientific proof for it.
They believe there's evidence. That's enough for them.

That's off topic, there is already a thread about abortion, I suggest you go there. smile

Reagun Ban
No, I was merely telling you you're being an idiot. I have tried showing you logically, but you're a troll so of course I'm wasting my breath.

*shrugs* Nobodie's perfect I guess, so whatever.

Reagun Ban
I have answered. You have not accepted my answers. I gave you exactly what you asked for, you ignored it as not good enough.

Yeah, if I find problems with a person's answer I usually dismiss it as "not good enough." Sorry if it hurt your feelings or something....

Reagun Ban
Apocrypha.
Try www.vatican.va

Ok, can you give me something more specific then the Vatican's home site?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Have you been there?
Is the search option too hard for you to find?
Is it beyond your, obviously, limited capacity to use the search engine. Put in homosexuality, go on, I dare you.
That'll give you your answers.
If those answers aren't good enough for you. TOUGH ******** s**t MAN.
Reagun Ban
Have you been there?
Is it beyond your, obviously, limited capacity to use the search engine. Put in homosexuality, go on, I dare you.

The answer above is way too vague, basically instead of answering my question you're saying "find it yourself." Seeing as you don't seem like you understood my original question, as you resorted to using the Bible (when I specifically asked for a non-christian source) I'm going to have to dismiss your command as a plausible wild goose chase.
Uh, the catholic church is christian. Obviously. Why in hell would you want a non-christian source for christian reasoning?
Reagun Ban
The Catechism
Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,140 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."141 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

That took me thirty seconds, there are so many references there.
Now ******** off.

You are not understanding my original question, my question was for people who don't think such beliefs are based on the Bible or Christianity.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Dermezel
The answer above is way too vague, basically instead of answering my question you're saying "find it yourself."

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING.
This is M&R.
How is this an extended discussion?

Dermezel
Seeing as you don't seem like you understood my original question, as you resorted to using the Bible (when I specifically asked for a non-christian source)

On a Catholic matter. Which is exceptionally retarded
Dermezel
Reagun Ban
Have you been there?

The answer above is way too vague, basically instead of answering my question you're saying "find it yourself." Seeing as you don't seem like you understood my original question, as you resorted to using the Bible (when I specifically asked for a non-christian source) I'm going to have to dismiss your command as a plausible wild goose chase.
You want a non Christian source to explain Christian policies?
bluewolfcub
Uh, the catholic church is christian. Obviously. Why in hell would you want a non-christian source for christian reasoning?

Because many have argued here that the Bible in no way goes against homosexuality or abortion- that's why.
Dermezel
You are not understanding my original question, my question was for people who don't think such beliefs are based on the Bible or Christianity.

Then it's an incredibly idiotic question, since it's obvious that a Christian group would base their opinions off of the Bible or Christian teachings.

Duh.
Dermezel
bluewolfcub

Because many have argued here that the Bible in no way goes against homosexuality or abortion- that's why.
It goes against murder, which some see abortion as because you're taking a life away, and they interpret it as condemning homosexuality.
Sinner
Dermezel

Then it's an incredibly idiotic question, since it's obvious that a Christian group would base their opinions off of the Bible or Christian teachings.

Duh.

Not necessarily. Many on this forum have stated that the Bible and Christian tradition in no way supports homophobia or pro-life positions. I'm asking if this is the case, why is the Pope promoting such ideas as if they were Christian positions?
Dermezel
bluewolfcub

Right. But that doesn't mean that Christian groups don't interpret the Bible in different ways.

Just because the Bible doesn't actually condemn homosexuality doesn't mean that other people don't believe that it condemns homosexuality.
Dermezel
bluewolfcub

And as I said earlier, their INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE means that it does. And if you looked up reagun's listed sources you could see for yourself how they got to those conclusions. You wanted catholic reasoning; you were provided with a link to it, but you felt what, too lazy? too troll-y? to look at it.
This dicussion is essentially over; you have absolutely no basis to continue dismissing valid points because you feel like trolling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff