Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix

So your souces are feminist websites? They provide a very one sided argument.

With more citations than, say, a YouTube video.

You clearly don't know about the person who made the video. Watch the video and if you can refute him, tell me.

If you can show how the video refutes the links I provided, tell me.

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix

So your souces are feminist websites? They provide a very one sided argument.

With more citations than, say, a YouTube video.

You clearly don't know about the person who made the video. Watch the video and if you can refute him, tell me.

The video I posted does that. If you watched the first 8 seconds you'd know that he is refuting a list that was floating around the web call '33 reasons to be a feminist' and his video is called '33 reasons NOT to be a feminist'. It cover inequality and wage gaps and he goes in depth in his explanations.
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives

The video I posted does that. If you watched the first 8 seconds you'd know that he is refuting a list that was floating around the web call '33 reasons to be a feminist' and his video is called '33 reasons NOT to be a feminist'.

Neither link I provided was '33 reasons to be a feminst'.

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives

The video I posted does that. If you watched the first 8 seconds you'd know that he is refuting a list that was floating around the web call '33 reasons to be a feminist' and his video is called '33 reasons NOT to be a feminist'.

Der, I said it covers them. The 33 reasons are popular topics feminist focus on such as inequality and wages as well as rape and other hot topics. Either watch it or stop talking to me. He is a reliable source and you check for yourself.

This guy uses pure logic and critical thinking. He disagrees with the feminist movement based on facts and observations. And he explains each of his answers.
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives

Der, I said it covers them.

Not that I can see; like I said, feel free to point out where.

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives

Der, I said it covers them.

Not that I can see; like I said, feel free to point out where.

Why do you only choose to focus on single sentences? I explained that he goes over what each of your articles were about. You are just plain disrespectful

How does feminism solve anything? It can only exist in western culture. What has feminism done for women being raped in africa. In the 33 reason it says that you should be a feminist because every 14seconds a women is raped there. No solutions were given. The only way something like that could be stopped is with military force followed by a complete government reform. That would involve strict martial-law and oppressing a whole country.
Shahal Rainrix
Why do you only choose to focus on single sentences? I explained that he goes over what each of your articles were about.

Quality control; like I said, not that I can see - but feel free to point out where.

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Why do you only choose to focus on single sentences? I explained that he goes over what each of your articles were about.

Quality control; like I said, not that I can see - but feel free to point out where.

Fine, I will. But I know how much you hat to read, so I'll keep it simple.

The gap in fatalities speak for themselves. For each women who dies at work, 13 men follow. That's why they get paid more. Things like fire fighting and construction are very dangerous. Even the injury difference is higher. Those kinds of full-time jobs also require physical effort, that can mean alot of missed work and light duty. No employer wants that, being down a worker is a problem.

My father never completed high school and he is a foremen who makes $20 and hour. Over the years he has cause sever damage to his spine that can't be fixed. So for 8 to 12 hours a day he is in constant pain and he can't afford to miss work either. He even goes in as sick as a dog because he is required too. I've only ever seen him stay home 5 or 6 times in 14years.

Your rebuttal for wages...

PS, I will go into inequality next
Shahal Rainrix
The gap in fatalities speak for themselves. For each women who dies at work, 13 men follow. That's why they get paid more.

Unsafe workplaces do not literally discriminate; the gap in fatalities is because men are granted access to workplaces women aren't.

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
The gap in fatalities speak for themselves. For each women who dies at work, 13 men follow. That's why they get paid more.

Unsafe workplaces do not discriminate; the gap in fatalities is because men are granted access to workplaces women aren't.

That's not what your article said, heres a quote...

"It’s fair to say that not all of the gap is due to discrimination. Certainly women are clustered in low-wage work — they are about two-thirds of the country’s minimum wage workers — and often have to interrupt their careers to care for family members, all of which impacts their earnings."

The number gap between genders in the workplace also effect averages. More workers on one side changes numbers.
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives
Unsafe workplaces do not discriminate; the gap in fatalities is because men are granted access to workplaces women aren't.

"It’s fair to say that not all of the gap is due to discrimination. Certainly women are clustered in low-wage work — they are about two-thirds of the country’s minimum wage workers — and often have to interrupt their careers to care for family members, all of which impacts their earnings."

The sections in bold are essentially equivalent.

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives

I disagree and I found an interesting article while googling the wage gap. It's a debunked myth using trickery...

"The 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week. When all these relevant factors are taken into consideration, the wage gap narrows to about five cents. And no one knows if the five cents is a result of discrimination or some other subtle, hard-to-measure difference between male and female workers."

" Consider, for example, how men and women differ in their college majors. Here is a list (PDF) of the ten most remunerative majors compiled by the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce. Men overwhelmingly outnumber women in all but one of them:

1. Petroleum Engineering: 87% male
2. Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Sciences and Administration: 48% male
3. Mathematics and Computer Science: 67% male
4. Aerospace Engineering: 88% male
5. Chemical Engineering: 72% male
6. Electrical Engineering: 89% male
7. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering: 97% male
8. Mechanical Engineering: 90% male
9. Metallurgical Engineering: 83% male
10. Mining and Mineral Engineering: 90% male

And here are the 10 least remunerative majors—where women prevail in nine out of ten:

1. Counseling Psychology: 74% female
2. Early Childhood Education: 97% female
3. Theology and Religious Vocations: 34% female
4. Human Services and Community Organization: 81% female
5. Social Work: 88% female
6. Drama and Theater Arts: 60% female
7. Studio Arts: 66% female
8. Communication Disorders Sciences and Services: 94% female
9. Visual and Performing Arts: 77% female
10. Health and Medical Preparatory Programs: 55% female"
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives

I disagree and I found an interesting article while googling the wage gap. It's a debunked myth using trickery...

"The 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week."

From the first link I provided:

"That’s because even when they work full-time, year-round, they still make 77 percent, on average, of what similar men make. But conservatives have recently argued that the pay gap is a myth because various factors like education, job choice, and career paths can explain some of that 23 percent gap. It’s true that the gap represents many factors. Yet even when they are all taken into consideration, here’s why we know there is still an unfair difference between what women and men make..."

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives
Shahal Rainrix
Lucky~9~Lives

"The 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week."

From the first link I provided:

"That’s because even when they work full-time, year-round, they still make 77 percent, on average, of what similar men make. But conservatives have recently argued that the pay gap is a myth because various factors like education, job choice, and career paths can explain some of that 23 percent gap. It’s true that the gap represents many factors. Yet even when they are all taken into consideration, here’s why we know there is still an unfair difference between what women and men make..."

So career choice has nothing to do with it?

Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering: 97% male
Early Childhood Education: 97% female

Do you think these jobs pay the same? Come on, The US military gets 500billion a year for a budget. People make jokes about how little teachers make. If you compare the list women tend to go for low paying careers.
Shahal Rainrix
Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering: 97% male
Early Childhood Education: 97% female

Do you think these jobs pay the same? Come on, The US military gets 500billion a year for a budget.

Do you think it's women who decide how much the US military gets?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff