Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Captain Halcee Reckitt IV
Satan is deity, i mean evil deity, but still deity. so how can you be atheist satanist?

"Contrary to popular belief, LaVeyan Satanism does not involve the worship of 'the devil' or any such deities, it is an atheistic philosophy that uses the character of "Satan" as a symbol of pride, carnality, enlightenment, undefiled wisdom, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be permeated and motivated by a force that has been given many names by humans over the course of time."
- LaVeyan Satanism
Thank you. I was about to post about them not believing in Satan actually. :3

Clean Citizen

Lucky~9~Lives
Captain Halcee Reckitt IV
Satan is deity, i mean evil deity, but still deity. so how can you be atheist satanist?

"Contrary to popular belief, LaVeyan Satanism does not involve the worship of "the devil" or any such deities, it is an atheistic philosophy that uses the character of 'Satan' as a symbol of pride, carnality, enlightenment, undefiled wisdom, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be permeated and motivated by a force that has been given many names by humans over the course of time."
- LaVeyan Satanism

Cuz LeVeyan Satanism aint Satanism. It's abuse of word Satanism, but not Satanic at all.
Be like I make religion called Cinnabonian Christianity where all we do is eat cinnabon and be atheist.
I just abusing word Christianity to get people come join my religion.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
nnancy downs
I know there are theistic, and atheistic Satanists. But I was wondering if you could be an agnostic Satanist?

Agnosticism isn't a belief, it is the personal acknowledgement that you don't ultimately know of the existence of gods. People are either Gnostic Theists (fundies), Agnostic Theists, Gnostic Atheists (which can also be used to refer to being partially Gnostic to the non-existence of certain gods rather than each and every god), and Agnostic Atheists.

Anxious Bloodsucker

All LaVeyan Satanism is, is Humanism with dogma attached to it. Anyone can agree with that
philosophy and be whatever they want on the side. As for other forms of Satanism, there are
other names for that. In the case of Spiritual Satanism, that would be called Enkiism. The god
Enki is believed to be the true god and creator, and Christianity is said to be created as a
response to blaspheme him and deny his rights. Luciferians worship Lucifer before he fell. Etc.
Dieu des hommes
"I believe in Satan and his existence;

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that is the case for many Satanistic groups.

Zealot

The Daario Naharis
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that is the case for many Satanistic groups.
For the mundane wannabe edgy types, definitely. But who wants to bore themselves talking about them.
nnancy downs
I know there are theistic, and atheistic Satanists. But I was wondering if you could be an agnostic Satanist?

no there both the same s**t
Flemmes Felares
nnancy downs

Yes, but that would be redundant. Why? Because Satan, Lucifer, the Devil, or whatever you want to call it came from the belief in God. For example, Lucifer was an angel created by God, so if you believe in Lucifer, you also believe in God because that is where he came from.

Satan =/= Lucifer
Satan is a Jewish prosecutor and judge
Lucifer is a Roman deity of the Hellinistic mysteries.

Not all Satanists recognize the Christian notion of God and see Satan as coming from pre-existing or differing mythos. They might have a more Canaanite or Babylonian worldview for example.
Mr Death-01
nnancy downs

no there both the same s**t

ummm no, that's like saying all Satanists adhere to CoS teachings. There's more variation than you think.
The Daario Naharis
Dieu des hommes
"I believe in Satan and his existence;

You are correct in that most aren't theistic. However, many of them do practice their own brand of ceremonial magic(k) and with belief being a tool the key here is what one means by belief. Some do work with Satan as a thought-form or servitor but that's a man made construct. If they are also a practicing Magician chances are they are orthopraxic, not orthodoxic and are not defined as Satanists by belief but practice. The only belief enforced upon them is the beliefs they impose on themselves by ritual means.
Mahorela-Rai
All LaVeyan Satanism is, is Humanism with dogma attached to it. Anyone can agree with that
philosophy and be whatever they want on the side. As for other forms of Satanism, there are
other names for that. In the case of Spiritual Satanism, that would be called Enkiism. The god
Enki is believed to be the true god and creator, and Christianity is said to be created as a
response to blaspheme him and deny his rights. Luciferians worship Lucifer before he fell. Etc.

Spiritual Satanism is a misnomer here, a better term is "Theistic Satanism" though neither is limited to Enki. you have the issue as the Temple of Set. The ToS is Satanism in that it has lineage to the CoS (not the only line of course) but isn't Satanism in that they now work with Set instead. Enki =/= Satan so logically their culti are different. Now if we use "Satan-Enki complex" or "chaos bringer archetype" or "roots" that's one thing but the more you focus on Enki solely the more it becomes its own praxis.

Conservative Dabbler

Agnosticism is irrelevant to theism or atheism, so yes. One can be an agnostic anything provided they can believe or disbelieve it.

Eloquent Streaker

To clarify, are you talking about theistic Satanism (actual devil worship), or LaVeyan Satanism (God and Satan are concepts, with God representing strict, rigid order and lack of personal freedom and Satan representing free will and the right to do what you wish)?

In either case, yes, it's possible to be agnostic. Agnosticism is simply the claim that you don't know for sure whether or not a deity does or does not exist. An agnostic theistic Satanist would say it's possible Satan does not exist, while an agnostic LaVeyan Satanist would say that it's possible God and Satan do exist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff