Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pseudo-Onkelos
Henry Hobo-Master
Pseudo-Onkelos
Henry Hobo-Master
So you believe that Hell consists of 2 stages (and heaven for the same reasons).

There is an area where we can lounge about as spirits, who have no bodies and no sensory organs... And then once we are condemned as "evil spirits", we are given a body, just so it can feel pain?

I believe that once you're dead, your dead. The Christian concept is that after death you wait for judgment day. Everyone will be resurrected physically, judged, and those who do not have their name in the book of life will be cast into Gehenna.

That is from the Book of Revelations... the Book of Life, is it not?

Can we actually trust that book? I've heard various people and sources claim that that book is full of prophetic garbage.

Gospel of Matthew also paints this kind of picture. Anyone who has a problem with the Book of Revelation can keep on bitching. Not my problem.

I gettcha. I wasn't trying to throw a b***h fit about your sources. Thanks for your input.
AvenirLegacy
Henry Hobo-Master
AvenirLegacy
Henry Hobo-Master
AvenirLegacy
I would imagine Hells fire to be quite enjoyable. The spirit of humanity never shines as bright as in the presence of such intense Love. Fire as an amicable symbol best portrays the Hell that modern Christianity wants to send some of its constituents to. Fortunately, Death is an experience, what lies beyond it is everyone mystery and I can guarantee you now:

"Anyone who says they know what happens when, during and after you die is full of less than nothing, and is unworthy of your time."

Why would they be unworthy of your time? Has the mystery of death not been revealed to some? Is this impossible?

I once heard a very interesting quote:

"If the religious people cannot even manage to tell us where we came from, then how can we believe what they tell us about where we are going?"

It may be revealed, but the experience, I imagine, would be unique, regardless of what other people say. Kinda subjective.

Okay, I see. So no matter what we do, we cannot really find out what is going to happen. We may get the general idea, but the experience itself will be unlike anything we could have imagined, and thus its unworthy of our time to spend dwelling one the impossibilities of it... Am I close to what you are talking about maybe?

We could dwell on all possibilities all day; we can treat Death as an adventure, No one knows, but we can imagine. Always nice to make a nice adventure

I like that outlook. With so many religions shoving what they "believe" is going to happen down your throat, its nice to see death as an adventure. Its almost refreshing, and it really does take off the pressure to "know the unknowable".

Thanks for your input.

Gaian

dh8d1
AvenirLegacy
I would imagine Hells fire to be quite enjoyable. The spirit of humanity never shines as bright as in the presence of such intense Love. Fire as an amicable symbol best portrays the Hell that modern Christianity wants to send some of its constituents to. Fortunately, Death is an experience, what lies beyond it is everyone mystery and I can guarantee you now:

"Anyone who says they know what happens when, during and after you die is full of less than nothing, and is unworthy of your time."
I know what happens when during and after you die.

When you die: Your body loses biological sustainability.
During your death: your major organs shut down one by one, your blood flow stops, and your stimulus-response does too. Then, your cells quickly lose metabolism.
After you die: Your body decomposes, sometimes people will want to inspect it (autopsies for criminal/investigatory deaths, etc) and the other people on this planet generally will try to move you to a location where you will continue to decompose out of view (since it's not something people like to see.)

Naturally.

Blessed Seeker

Henry Hobo-Master
So, I was wondering... if we do not have bodies in the next life, then how will we feel pain? It seems like a huge contradiction, because if we don't have sensory organs...

Then why should I be scared of Hell's flames?

Can I even see Hell's flames with "eyes"? Will I have eyes?

Discuss how you think "spirits" exist.

Perhaps it could be spiritual flames
we still do not understand this whole spirit unless we are spirits ._.

Blessed Seeker

Basically i do not think it is in human reasoning that can explain the supernatural
ANJell-GoMinam
Basically i do not think it is in human reasoning that can explain the supernatural

Supernatural? I guess that it is. But can it really be "supernatural" if none of us have even seen the entity that is called "hell", or the "spiritual fires"?

These seem to be more of a fable, than anything. Ghosts for instance, at least have some sort "supernatural" effect, because people have are believed to have seen them. But nobody has even seen hell. Its just something that is written in a few books.

Blessed Seeker

Henry Hobo-Master
ANJell-GoMinam

Supernatural? I guess that it is. But can it really be "supernatural" if none of us have even seen the entity that is called "hell", or the "spiritual fires"?

These seem to be more of a fable, than anything. Ghosts for instance, at least have some sort "supernatural" effect, because people have are believed to have seen them. But nobody has even seen hell. Its just something that is written in a few books.

There are some people, such as those who have experienced an NDE who believe they have seen hell just as some people believe they have seen spirits

Basically, we have not seen hell, because we are not spirits and we are not dead (yet)
What is in store for us after death, no one really knows. It's just a risk we have to take to assume that perhaps there is/isn't hell.

You just cannot say there is no hell, because no one has seen it, because then to experience hell you would have to be dead.
ANJell-GoMinam
Henry Hobo-Master
ANJell-GoMinam

There are some people, such as those who have experienced an NDE who believe they have seen hell just as some people believe they have seen spirits

Basically, we have not seen hell, because we are not spirits and we are not dead (yet)
What is in store for us after death, no one really knows. It's just a risk we have to take to assume that perhaps there is/isn't hell.

You just cannot say there is no hell, because no one has seen it, because then to experience hell you would have to be dead.

I understand that I cannot claim that there isn't a hell. That is true. I guess I'm just a bit skeptical after all, and I really cannot fathom how humans know everything about hell, and what it feels like.. when nobody has ever even felt its fires.

But, that is all religions for you I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff