Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I want to get a Tattoo. Now my mother is all like Tattoos are wrong. Im am 23 years old , but i still respect my mother and her wishes. Like she was really really againist it. She told me the bible says in-

Leviticus 19:28 - Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD

But i was reading the bible and i came across something intresting.

In Revelation 19:12 -" His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself."

A name written on him is a tattoo

In Revelation 19:16 - On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Jesus has KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS written on his thigh. Which is a tattoo.

So why we cant have one? I dont understand.
Xx EP1C FA1L xX
So I want to get a Tattoo. Now my mother is all like Tattoos are wrong. Im am 23 years old , but i still respect my mother and her wishes. Like she was really really againist it. She told me the bible says in-

Leviticus 19:28 - Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD

In Revelation 19:12 -" His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself."

In Revelation 19:16 - On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Jesus has KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS written on his thigh. Which is a tattoo.

Revelations is generally heavily couched in metaphor. Although, I must admit, a returning JC that literally shot swords out of his mouth, with fireball eyes would be much, much cooler.

Why exactly would you want a tattoo anyway?
Anon E. Mouse
Xx EP1C FA1L xX

Revelations is generally heavily couched in metaphor. Although, I must admit, a returning JC that literally shot swords out of his mouth, with fireball eyes would be much, much cooler.

Why exactly would you want a tattoo anyway?

Yea, but the thing is I dont think it was a metaphor when he said he had it written in his thigh. nd Because theres this cool design i want on my upper arm.

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Xx EP1C FA1L xX

I dunno - are you Jesus?
Lesser Tile
Xx EP1C FA1L xX

I dunno - are you Jesus?

Obviously Not......

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Xx EP1C FA1L xX
Lesser Tile

I dunno - are you Jesus?

Obviously Not......

Then that answers that. Of course, I'm an atheist, so maybe I'm sent by Satan or something.
Lesser Tile
Xx EP1C FA1L xX
Lesser Tile

I dunno - are you Jesus?

Obviously Not......

Then that answers that. Of course, I'm an atheist, so maybe I'm sent by Satan or something.

Well in

1 Corinthians 11:1
“And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.”

So if Jesus has one, thats mean i could get one. No I dont think you where sent by Satan. Why would i think that?

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Tell your mom this.

"Hey, do you remember the fundemental Theology all of Christianity is base don?
It's this funny thing called "The Covenent of Grace...where basically Jesus came and said "Forget all that" to alllll of the OT laws and regulations and instituded the system of grace instead...by the way that Leviticus line you shot up concerning Tattoo's...that's one of the things Jesus said forget about"...

Tada..Tattoo's

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Xx EP1C FA1L xX
Lesser Tile
Xx EP1C FA1L xX
Lesser Tile

I dunno - are you Jesus?

Obviously Not......

Well in

“And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.”

So if Jesus has one, thats mean i could get one. No I dont think you where sent by Satan. Why would i think that?

Because Satan trys to deceive the faithful through the actions of other men.

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Xx EP1C FA1L xX

Well in

“And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.” So if Jesus has one, thats mean i could get one.

Well, did HE get a tattoo? ...or was he simply speaking about something else entirely?

Quote:

No I dont think you where sent by Satan. Why would i think that?

Well, christians believe in all sorts of weird things.

Greedy Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
who cares what the bible says? tattoos look good when you're young, and when you get old, you look like a douchebag. this is why i'll never get tattoos.
The Irish Economy
Tell your mom this.

"Hey, do you remember the fundemental Theology all of Christianity is base don?
It's this funny thing called "The Covenent of Grace...where basically Jesus came and said "Forget all that" to alllll of the OT laws and regulations and instituded the system of grace instead...by the way that Leviticus line you shot up concerning Tattoo's...that's one of the things Jesus said forget about"...

Tada..Tattoo's

I actually had that Convo with her and she said, thats that only applys to certain things. Like what you eat, and an eye for an eye, stoning etc... She said he nevers said its ok to get Tattoos, and i was like well maybe he didnt say it but maybe its goes along with the other things. And she said if that were true than the ten commandments have to be thrown out the window also. Yea, she always beats me in those Convos
zhiliolia
who cares what the bible says? tattoos look good when you're young, and when you get old, you look like a douchebag. this is why i'll never get tattoos.

Thats true, but who cares how they look when there old...............

Greedy Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Xx EP1C FA1L xX
zhiliolia

Thats true, but who cares how they look when there old...............

because one day you will be old and you'll have to live with them.
Lesser Tile
Xx EP1C FA1L xX

Well in

“And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.” So if Jesus has one, thats mean i could get one.

Well, did HE get a tattoo? ...or was he simply speaking about something else entirely?

Quote:

No I dont think you where sent by Satan. Why would i think that?

Well, christians believe in all sorts of weird things.

No dont blame christains, blame the crazies............

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff